Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

This was it. A whole new world that no one had ever seen, but a planet just like the earth. I'm really surprised we got here, after our planet was destroyed, and we lost contact with the Pioneer 1. Survival was on the line for everyone. I didn't think I would be part of such a large responsibility, no, not me, I'm just a kid. I was supposed to go to college next year. Now I've been trained as a human male hunter class, or HUmar for short. I was going to be among the first to explore the world below, since the Pioneer 2, with its amazing city design, could only support us for so long.

I had never met anyone on the ship, because I am naturally shy, but there were survivors from around the world, and not just humans, but newmans and androids as well, each willing to contribute with their own special skills. I expected to be put on assignment with some of them, and I also expected them to be as afraid as I was, even though some were much older than me, and probably wiser. Everyone was pretty good to each other, probably still shaken from the fact that the old planet was now gone. I don't think anyone would ever forget that. So, taking my initial equipment with me, a standard-issue photon powered saber, a frame armor, and a little thing code named MAG, I set out towards the Principal's Office, ready to learn about what was to become of me, Jono.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Assassin on 2003-01-04 17:14 ]</font>

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

ok, heck, I'll bite.
    -----------------------------------------------------

Pioneer 2. I heard a lot about this ship. It's design, crew capacity, life support, and other technical features. But to be on that ship... was something else. You felt insignificant, wondering what good you could do. Wondering if you even matter compared to others around you. You are a speck in that ship, a molecule of what many civilizations call life.

But that's how I feel, and people I meet tend to call me philisophical. By the way, my name is Var. Don't ask for my last name; I like my privacy. Heck, don't call me by my fist name either. I go by the codename Zepher. I am a young human man, and I say human because there are at least three sentient species living on this ship: humans, newmans, and androids. I have been classafied as a RAmar, a male human specializing with projectile weaponry.

I had recently been assigned by the very leader of this ship, Principel Tyrell, to investigate an anomaly on the surface. I had heard of an explosion happening, but I never saw it myself. He told me I was to investigatewhat happened there. The big shock came when I learned a wouldn't be going alone:

"But Sir! I've worked solo since before we left our old planet!"

"Listen Zepher, you didn't see that explosion. It was enourmus. The more personell we have working together, the better."

The better the target for something done there,I thought to myself, gritting my teeth.

"I know you don't want to, but you have to. It is a neccessary precaution."

I kept my composure as I left the room, and then heard Tyrell again. "Uh, could you-" I turned around. "No, it's nothing. Carry on."

I went back to my room and grabbed my handgun and whistled for my mag. I then put on a sturdy Frame and headed and then went to the Registration area of the Hunter's Guild. I placed my hand on the scanner in the guild and then went to look out the window as I waited. The receptionist then asked for me.

"Sir, your partner is already at the Main Transporter. I suggest you hurry."

I ran to the Main Transporter station to meet my new acquaintence.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

The large door opened in front of me, and running up behind me came an older, but still young man carrying a small handgun, his mag floating behind him. He looked at me and frowned, probably because he thought I was just some stupid kid who was just going to get in the way. He wore the Ranger's uniform, complete with the headband and boots.

"Are you afraid?" I asked as he approached the transporter. He said nothing to me, but just stepped inside, looking at me sternly. I decided not to waste any more time, knowing it might make me look bad, and stepped in as well while he set our destination coordinates.

I looked at the young hunter. I didn't want to call him kid, because if I did, he would most likely prove it by saying he wasn't one. So I just kept silent and set the coordinates for the surface of Ragol. The hunter asked me if I was afraid; I responded with silence.

Afraid? we lost contact with the only colony on an unknown planet with possible creatures we've never encountered before, with no knowledge of how docile or not they were. Yeah, I was a little scared, enough to possibly be considered fear. Even with my long-range gun or his powerful saber, there was no guarantee that whatever we found could be killed.

The transporter room dissapeared and made way for a lush forest. Amazing flora greated us everywhere as we looked as we started our search. I turned to the hunter, who seemed to take in everything with awe. I decided to try and make a good first impression.

"Listen, hunter, what's your name?"

He looked at me in a shy manner. I hoped my presence didn't intimidate him. "Jono," he answered, clear and solid. I could see he had a little potential.

"All right, Jono. Call me Zepher. You ever fought for your life before?"

"Not really, sir."

Green. Oh well, we all have to start somewhere. I should know. I decided to up his confidence.

"Listen, whatever we face around here, it might be too tough for your sword. Just remember, if it gets that way, I got some hot photons for whatever wants you skin. Comprende?"

He nodded and we set out through the forest until we reached an open expanse. Suddenly, several mole-like creatures popped out from the ground. "What the heck are those?" Jono asked. "My log says they're called 'Boomas'," I answered. "It says they're pretty docile."

One of the boomas came up and then started to smack Jono with it's claw.

Docile. Riiiiiiight.

I pumped the aggresive creature full of light with my handgun. Jono then proceded to slice them with his saber. He critically wounded one of them, then came on the rest. Another booma then came up and tried to cut through me. I dodged it, but the booma was lucky in slicing my gun apart. With my gun gone, I resorted to fists, and gave one of the creatures an uppercut to the jaw, nearly breaking my hand. Jono finished him off, and then turned just as a bomma's claw crashed through him. He then started to come towards me.

"Good riddance,"I said, harnessing a red energy in my hand. The mole looked at it, and then became engulfed in a fireball from my Foie technique. I found another Handgun in a nearby box, and then went back to Jono.

"You ok?"

He yelled, grabbing his leg. Guess not.

"Hang on, we need to get you back to the Nurse on Pioneer 2," I said, then picked him up and carried him back to the teleporter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2003-01-05 14:01 ]</font>

I groaned as I rose from the hospital bed, still in pain from the claw scraping across my leg. No kind of training prepared me for the vicious Boomas that inhabited the forest surface. I would have to just keep training with my saber, until I get good enough to learn spells that would assist me.

My RAmar senior probably thought I was really foolish. He walked up to me and again asked if I was allright, and I nodded slowly.

"I lost all my money because of that beast..."
    "Don't worry about it. You can sell the equipment from the old Pioneer that you find on our walk. I'm just glad you're alive."
    I nodded and forced a smile, opening the small blue container we had picked up along the way, containing a photon generated barrier.

"A little souvenir," I chuckled to myself.

"Don't tell me you're quitting, Jono. We've only just begun." The RAmar looked at me with a confidence I had only seen in a school teacher.

"Maybe we ought to take someone who's good with magic, like a Force class. Then I wouldn't have to worry so much about ending up here every time I encounter something like a Booma."

"You shouldn't say that, Jono. You have great potential. You just have to figure out a way to reach it. We will have to dispose of the Booma if they are going to threaten us. Remember your training and you'll do fine."

I was wondering if he seriously meant that, or just trying to up my confidence because he knew I was weak. Even though I was with Zepher, I still felt alone on Ragol, because everything we encountered seemed to be against us. Something was making the local wildlife rabid, and we were going to find out what it was. So after thinking about it, I decided to give it another try, and I brought some monomate with me just in case I got hurt again.

Battle Fiend

WOW WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, NO SHORT PARAGRAPH?!?!?!
    Gamertag: NoobBlenjar

*story break* Maybe I should do like Confucious and simplify it into little phrases. "Man who wears dress fights well." <-- Refering to FOmar

*story put back together*

"Hey, Jono!" I yelled to him as he was getting ready to enter th transport.

"What?"

"Listen, I just got back from the Guild. I found a great assignment for you!" I could see his curiosity already. He did look a little skeptical though.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, a guy needs to find out what happened to a luxury cruise ship. The best part is, there are very experienced hunters working on it that could help out. This could be great battle training for you!"

"I'm not sure," he answered back. Maybe he still didn't trust me.

"Don't worry, you'll get great experience against those monsters, and you could use the reward money to buy a new weapon. I'm going back to get another mission for myself. Come with me."

We headed for the Guild. We didn't talk much, possibly because he didn't want to talk about the mission. When we got there, I showed him the mission and let him take it from there. I saw him then go and talk to and old man about the mission. Soon, he left, and I thought I glanced a smile on Jono's face.

I decided to get a mission of my own. I looked until I saw something about a research mission.

"Ma'am? Where can I find a Ms. Alicia Baiz?" i asked the receptionist.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2003-01-06 19:16 ]</font>

The receptionist pointed to the client. He was a short, kind of stout man, not someone you'd want to bring down to Ragol. He explained the mission to me: A pleasure cruise ship had crashed on Ragol, and he wanted me to find the survivors. For some strange reason though, he told me not to tell anyone else about the mission, because he thought it would spread rumors. I shrugged and accepted the mission, and looking at Zephar for a last time, I teleported down to Ragol.

Oh, by the way, let me tell you about teleportation. Every time you need to go somewhere you have to use a photon-generated warp system. They were supposedly built all over Ragol after the Pioneer 1 landed, and the Pioneer 2 runs on the same technology.

When you're being teleported it feels very strange, like your body is twisting and turning as you're falling down what looks like a long hole.

Anyway, I was quite nervous, this being my first solo mission. Luckily for me, I already knew the area, and so I knew how the wildlife would react. I was ready this time. Boomas came walking slowly toward me, like zombies, and began to slash away. I ran around and hit them in the back, knocking both out. Then I noticed something very strange fall from the sky... it looked like a cross between a penguin and a quail. It peeped and waddled toward me, and I wasn't quite sure how to deal with this...

I teleported to a different area of the forest than where Jono was. I hoped he wouldn't catch up with me, so I quickly went to work. The client told me that the device she installed only worked for about half an hour anyway.

Let me back up. She said that she needed data on the wildlife of Ragol. She installed a device that used photon energy to collect tissue samples from the creatures into my new rifle. She then told me it would only work for 20 minutes, meaning I couldn't waste time.

I quickly sprinted through the first door I saw and unlocked the next one, then went through it to find a swarm of boomas. I picked a few of them off and then retreated through the door. It seemed that they had a simple intelligence; if there's a wall, they didn't think they could go through it. I quickly jumped out again and shot some more down until they all fell.

Suddenly, a group of large boomas with yellow fur and a hump on their head came out. My log said they were goboomas. Tough and tougher. I soon disposed of them to find even larger ones called gigoboomas. I soon got rid of them, and no more came back. The device said that Data 1 was collected, and I headed through another door to find a transporter.

I activated the transporter and arrived in an area near the Central Dome. Oh, by the way, the Central Dome was the main colony building that the colonists from the original Pioneer 1 had used. But back to my mission, I went through another door and found strange dog-like creatures called savage and barbarous wolves. It seemed that the pack leaders were the barbarous ones, so I finished them and realized that the others were too discouraged to fight me. The leaders didn't provide enough data to the device, so I finished the others and headed out. I then found a plant-like structure that started to spew mosquitos. Every time I was able to lock on to one of them, the plant spit another out. After 5 minutes of this, I switched to the plant and used my Foie spell to burn it down. It soon fell, and I then finished off the mosquitos, or mothmants, as my log said.

I moved south, fought some more boomas, and came to a room with a bunch of yellow penguin-like birds. It took me a while, as the little birds kept coming down, but soon the body count stopped. I checked my log and identified them as rag rappies, and then used it to find one last bio-sign located by the transporter back to Pioneer 2.

"Gonna fight my way back, eh?" I thought aloud. As I left, I noticed that the rappies were getting up ad running away. "Resilient little guys." I headed back to the transporter, and looked for the bio-sign. I couldn't see anything, until I noticed a shadow. Suddenly, a huge creature leaped out and came down with a force so strong it knocked me over. I thought about Jono and my short-lived time with him as I saw the creature weild his huge fist and knock me unconcious.