Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

well so far, but ya I'm really shocked at some of the things, I really like how the story is presented and the characters and stuff! ya while playing online, I finally discovered the 5th floor front desk is where you start the Episode 2 story missions!

That's sooo cool! I should've checked there long ago, I didn't think the whole story was accessed through this place, but it sure makes more convenient than having to weave through some kinda special story mission runs mixed in with other mission runs.

but since I have AOI, ironically, the AOI intro played when I started the Episode 2 story mode, "The Masked Girl" chapter, or something like that. well I guess it's sorta like an update to the original intro just like the title screen's updated intro.

it was here, that I eventually discovered that Laia is in fact in Episode 2! I thought she was a new character for Episode 3, but hey I'm a newb when it comes to the online story, but that's pretty cool teaming up with Laia for the first training mission. Woohoo! So this is how people got the Goggles! It took me a while to figure out that those black smoked plants are what I have to scan. they were pretty hard to notice. and some blended in with some shady spots. But after that, it was pretty smooth! oh yeah before that it was nice seeing Tonnio make an appearance.

You know, when i saw that Communion lady we found, and she seemed like she forgot stuff, I had a feeling it was....well, anyway, those Vol Brothers gave me a big surprise with that boss fight. Laia sure schooled them big time! [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif[/img] but afterwards, the traps parts was very sneaky! I mean some of the level geometry is totally different from the normal Neudaiz forest mission map variations.

Well then fought some rogue robots, uh what else, chasing the Vol Brothers. OH YEAH!!!! Then the most shocking and coolest moment so far took place!! O_O The Vol Brothers were cornered and Laia and I were questioning them, and suddenly the hero of Episode 1 appears! Ethan!!!! along with Liina!!!!!! [b]O__________O [/b] *and the legendary music that plays when they show up is INCREDIBLE! I LOVE THAT MUSIC!!! It plays in episode one, like when Tylor stabs Magashi from behind, and when the AMF army is fighting those monsters in Moatoob, except THIS is the extended, looped version. ^_____^ *squeeeeeeee!*

That moment feels 100000 times even more incredible cause I finished the offline story (episode 1) and had grown to know and admire the characters even more. [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif[/img] I really place Ethan up there with Alis, Rolf, Chaz and the heroes from PSIII (who sadly didn't have much room to express their personality, thoughts and interaction with each other, Chaz is a bit of an exception though cause PSIV had the most deep character interaction for its time, until PSU came along).

anyway, this is really unexpected. and what follows made me fall off my chair and drive my senses to madness!!!!!!! Fighting Ethan and Liina in a battle you can't win!!!!!!!!!! ^___________^
    [b]That is truly brilliant, beautiful and intense![/b] Sure, theyare doing 0 damage to you too, but that isn't the point, the point is to roleplay and do everything you can to attack and beat them! It's kinda like those super hyper battles where warriors are rapidly attacking, parrying and countering back and forth, with no clear victor in sight. But it still was totally cool and I appreciate giving us a hands-on taste of what it's like to fight a hero that defeated countless evils.
    I recommend going all out with your favorite attacks and PAs and enjoy the awesomeness!

The battle itself truly represents the skill and power of Ethan, a force you cannot stop, but also gives you that fighting chance, the kind of battle where the duel seems equal, yet, its clear you cannot beat them, but you must at least try, while surviving their wrath.

Laia couldn't of said it better:

"He's as good as they said." (or something like that.) [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif[/img]

well the Comunion lady says something that causes Ethan and Liina to leave, branded as wanted criminals, but it seems clear their motives are justified, whatever those motives are....

well handing the Comunion lady back to her religious folk, it's revealed she's in fact Karen, er....the Divine Maiden! ^_____^ I had a strong feeling it was her, but proof is better than floating guesses.

but ya this sure establishes a great mystery of what's really going on. [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif[/img]

I'm farther ahead, and I could go on talking about my great experiences, but this is really an addictive sequel to the first story, and it's very inviting [b]and fun [/b]cause you don't need to be freaking maxed out exp level / l33t gear/ help from high levels/ stupid delevel caps/, etc. to advance in it.

Some may think the single player limit is a bad thing, but it really isn't cause you can enjoy the story at your own pace instead of 2-6 other players wanting you to skip what they say.

oh yeah Laia gave me her Partner Card!!! I love how you can stack your NPCs and bring them along as a team, that sure is a nice alternative if you are playing solo for whatever reason, or wanna fill the rest of the group with more friendly faces. [img]http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif[/img]

but I'm so glad I didn't look up and spoil myself the ep.2 story before experiencing it myself. And with Epsiode 3's story on its way to eventually having all of its chapters available, this is the beginning of the Golden Age of Phantasy Star.

If you liked all that, get ready for the last mission in episode 3.
    If you get past those two puzzles of death D:<

ohhhh! ^_^ well ya havent completed Episode 2 yet, but I'm getting there.

are you on Japanese servers?

cause I heard Episode 3's chapters are not fully released in US yet. or something like that. if that's true, I wonder how many weeks before Episode 3's story is complete? *anticipation...building...*

If you're that excited by Chapter 1, wait until you hit the finale.

And if I'm not mistaken, Japan is only up to Chapter 2 of Episode 3 right now. We don't have any at the moment, although the first is due in a few weeks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-11-27 00:30 ]</font>
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Like what has been suggested though, really stay away from spoilers. I accidentally ruined the ending which would have been epic for me. Ep3's story ending has almost been ruined for me, I'm really trying to watch links and such.

Enjoy it!

Saner if u thnk thats epic, play the story mode Offline. Then it gets even better.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

just a note for you all. if you are on PC/PS2 the new FMV cutscenes also work online. I just played the Hyuga rescue mission and got the linear line FMV

On 2007-11-27 04:09, Nano-bot wrote:
    just a note for you all. if you are on PC/PS2 the new FMV cutscenes also work online. I just played the Hyuga rescue mission and got the linear line FMV
    Meh. I guess this scene is in there, because it already existed in Episode 1.

I personally think Episode 1 and 2 are both good, but Episode 3 should be head and shoulders better.

And, oh well, though I know the story, I never beat Chapter 9 of Episode 2... I hate unneeded puzzles...

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

This thread needs more

Anyways episode 2 was far better than episode 1.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Wow Saner... I'm amazed you haven't gotten around to doing those story missions all this time...

And I'm glad to hear so many people praising the story of Ep2... I just purchased AotI and am playing the story Offline. I am enjoying it, even though I was expecting them to have beefed up the presentation to that of the oriiginal Ep1 story. But oh well...
    Darichian
    Ranger (Main)
    Ship 2, block 20/21