Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On 2007-11-28 00:30, JubeiSaotome wrote:
    The online story missions are inconsistant too. I'm playing as a cast, yet I don't get the seed virus controling my character? What do I have some natural resistance on my line shield or something? Then with the whole guardian colony getting severed, where is it on the map (On old PSU) post mission 10?
    Have you not seen the giant black bloody crater on Parum? It's the whole reason Rozenom is in ruins. o_O;
    Beaches and shores.

On 2007-11-27 23:32, JubeiSaotome wrote:
    I hope I'm not the only one who is kind of piffed off about the poor plot/timeline for the PSO content on PSU. Having old weapons coming from a "Dimensional rift" in a relics site is just retarded. I know it's a fantasy game, but it just doesnt flow with everything else.

I've yet to see what the story is behind the old stages (Forest, caves & etc), but from what I've been told it's a VR sim. Sure, this kind of fits in with PSO, how it had VR Temple & Spaceship and yeah, I know this isn't PSO. But, if they want to link the games with content, they could have done it a lot smarter.

For example; A deserted Pioneer2 in a state of disrepair drifts into the orbit of G. Colony, where Guardians, GRM or whoever gains access to the ship. Now that some party has access to the ship, there could be some story about access being granted to Ragol stages via the warp system on P2. Sure, it's farfetched a story, but it works a lot better than the piss-poor "dimentional rift" crap.

Anyone else agree with me on this?

No.

Theres no reason to ruin their story or mistakingly form plot holes in their own just because some people want a continuation of the PSO storyline.

And besides, PSU storyline IS pso's storyline, just a bit more detailed. I mean hell, could Episode 2 be more like the events of PSO ep.2 with the SeeD Virus = D-Cell infection?

Their just secret levels from popular demand. You shouldn't need a storyline to enjoy them.

Damn, it seems like Sonic Team just cant win anymore...

Theres nothing wrong with the PSU storyline in terms of plot inconsistency at all either. Give it up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-28 04:19 ]</font>

Ever considered that maybe, just maybe, PSU and PSO are not in the same universe like everyone seems to think they are?

ST put the PSO content in there because of all the PSO purists whining about PSU not being EXACTLY THE SAME GAME as PSO, so in order to appease the people paying to play this game, they added in content that even a PSO purist would get excited about. And because maybe PSU and PSO aren't in the same universe, much like how PSU and the original PS universe aren't the same, a dimensional rift is actually a pretty good explanation.

Sorry it's not exactly to your specifications, but ST is doing their damndest to please everyone and yet everyone still whines and gripes. Go make your own game and charge people money to play it, see how easy it is to please everyone.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

To be fair, PSU's story is actually the Phantasy Star series story all combined in to one. EP1 had to do with overthrowing an overlord, EP2 ended with falling of a satilite, EP3 has story effected by choice that you make. It's heavily effected by the original story line.

By the way, ST would have probably added in all these PSO weapons even if the fans said nothing. How else could you explain the Crea Doubles?

Sonic Team loves Fan service. Who needs vision, plot, and depth when you can throw around stereotypical characters and cutesy meaningless references to games that actually sold? PSU had a lot of potential, and it... I dunno, gnaws at you, when you play to see what that promise and franchise have come to. PSU did a lot of things right, don't get me wrong, but it's wins are often outweighed by it's fails.

Perhaps I missed the boat on this one, but I don't think PSO and PSU's storylines are connected. If they try to take this "dimensional rift" shit seriously, it will be pretty lame - but for the moment just think of them as added extras without putting too much mind to the storyline between PSO and PSU. As far as I know, the only connection between them is that PSO and PSU (as well as PS) occur in the same universe, and that photon's have a sort of "memory" that allows for divinations. This memory manifested is (what I think) is the most likely explanation.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Hm, this might be the first time I disagree with you. I like the references to other games. If this was a more serious game, I might be against it, but this is a social game meant for fun. When it's serious, I think it should stay serious (For instance, there's no reason for a story character to be using a PSO weapon unless there's a good reason for him to be), but otherwise keep the fun-loving social atmosphere they have.

Fanservice for one.

I could see old PSO vets saying "remember this weapon?" "Whoa, is that what I think it is." Different universe, different name. I just found out kazarod was windmill. I could probably reminisence about the old weapons but I have a feeling the weapons will just look like the old ones (because it would be difficult to implement the special especially something like the double cannon). Just for looks I guess.

Of course, when I encountered a booma for the first time. Doesn't move like a booma but more like a (fire vahara).

---

There are rumors saying PSU created PSO, but really they don't add up. Of course they could always say (satellite infested SEED crash lands on a planet). You always hear Kurtz (we're hear to 'seal' the seed not destroy it, Laia). Either way, that will eff up my version of my characters where it's PSO THEN PSU. I write my stories.

And yes Sega is pretty good with their inconsistencies.

PSP is automatically good just because of Helga. Morganna's Avatar

My friends disagree, but...I favor the "Seed invades PSO and we have to come to their rescue with our superior SEED fighting abilities" idea.

WE WILL CHOOSE TO FIGHT
    FOR A WORLD BEYOND

On 2007-11-28 04:30, Typheros wrote:
    Ever considered that maybe, just maybe, PSU and PSO are not in the same universe like everyone seems to think they are?

ST put the PSO content in there because of all the PSO purists whining about PSU not being EXACTLY THE SAME GAME as PSO, so in order to appease the people paying to play this game, they added in content that even a PSO purist would get excited about. And because maybe PSU and PSO aren't in the same universe, much like how PSU and the original PS universe aren't the same, a dimensional rift is actually a pretty good explanation.

Sorry it's not exactly to your specifications, but ST is doing their damndest to please everyone and yet everyone still whines and gripes. Go make your own game and charge people money to play it, see how easy it is to please everyone.
    Out of everything I have read, this is the one I agree with most. The new items and levels and such are there for nostalgia and fun. Stories don't seem to sync up.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

YOU KNOW WHATS WEIRD? THAT THE HALAROD IS THE ONLY WEAPON THAT USES A HOTON REACTOR!

EDIT: FUCKING ST!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-11-29 05:41 ]</font>