Originally, I played PSU on PC at launch through till late december/early januaru 2007. Around this time I had quit, however, recently my PC has died and I've resubscribed to PSU to play on PS2 to kill time. Now, I only own PSU, no AoI and my account has been somehow switched to AoI only, so I'm a bit annoyed with this and am waiting for sega to get back to me on this. Aside from that issue, I'd also been hacked before quitting the first time and have been putting up with the slowdown of PS2 and the horrible port of PC.

What this thread is about is; what are the pros and cons of the 360 version? I'm thinking of buying a 360 before a new PC when I start a new job, as it has MSN and so on. I know 360 has basically 2x the population, but what good and bad is known of the 360 version and servers?

[22:29] <@JubeiSaotome> http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...068&forum=22&0 (yes, that is this very same thread, we have a private IRC, bothering me for links won't help you)
    [22:31] <@Zarogone> More idiots, more whiney losers, more everything.
    [22:31] <@JubeiSaotome> yet more secure?
    [22:31] <@Zarogone> Voice chat, so you can hear how Dumb{butt}1991 got scammed!
    [22:31] <@Zarogone> lol no
    [22:32] <@Zarogone> It's not your account at stake, it's your WHOLE {FREAKING} LIVE ACCOUNT at stake :E
    [22:32] <@Zarogone> And people will hack away to try and get it for some reason
    [22:32] <@Zarogone> Xbox Live accounts are clearly lined with gold and honey
    [22:32] <@JubeiSaotome> i will have a super password when i get my 360
    [22:32] <@JubeiSaotome> like 54jl345h34hj534jDICKS
    [22:32] <@Zarogone> I hope so.

Any part that looks like {this} was changed to meet PSOWs standards.

Basically, it's what you get. If you want more, you get more. And it's only going to go back and forth between PS2/PC Fanboys and 360 Fanboys. Same game, just more people on one side, which increases chances of idiots, scammers, and elitist or anything else that could ruin your fun online.

I'm sorry to hear about your account, but whatever you decide to do, just go and keep in mind, "It's only a game, and I play to have fun." ;/

I'm aware of the community issues, but what about the hardware? How well does the game run and so on?

From what I've heard, if you believe that the port to the PC is bad, prepare for an unpleasant surprise.
    Haven't tried it myself though, but the complaints are all over this place.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention, supposedly it's not a bad port all around, it just has framerate issues and such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-11-30 20:58 ]</font>

On 2007-11-30 20:50, JubeiSaotome wrote:
    I'm aware of the community issues, but what about the hardware? How well does the game run and so on?
    From what I saw, it has problems. Lots of them. Remember trying to play PSU with frame skip 0 on for the first time? Yeah, think that, but here's the kicker: It only happens when there is action going on. More action, the more problems. Bigger problem, a lot of the new areas have LOTS of action going on, whether it be the backgrounds doing things, traps, players, enemies, whatever. So it has a frame rate issue. Other then that, the rest of the game runs really smooth, pretty, etc etc. If they fix the framerate issue, I might look into the game myself, though I prefer playing on a PC any day of the week.

The rest of the problems are minute to gigantic, and it's hard to list them all off the top of my head because I don't know if these were fixed or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2007-11-30 20:55 ]</font>