Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Customary AWESOME Title Solstis's Avatar

On 2007-11-30 23:18, Uncle_bob wrote:
    Deal with it.
    You're not Skorpius. I wouldn't tell a slave to just deal with it, and I wouldn't do it to a struggling single mother either. Get over yourself.

Anyway, things are looking better, if that just means that people are more cordial about it. I some friends that don't believe in gay marriage and whatnot, but if they can look past my homosexuality, I can look past their beliefs as well.

Wait, no, that's a lie. I'm not friends with anyone that believes that I shouldn't have rights (even a civil union), and I don't see a reason to do so. Bitches can kiss my ass.

I will honestly tell that I don't like homosexual people that much.
    But I don't insult them because of this. As long as they don't insult me I won't insult them.

Thing is that I was insulted because of my believes too.

So don't say that only ONE side is responsible for this.

Yes.No

It's a big deal now because people are idiots. It takes time for individuals to be more reasonable when it comes to hot topics such as homosexuality. Remember this, there were times when society frowned upon black rights, women's rights, divorce, children born out of wedlock, etc. But society grew to accept all of those things (NOTE: I'm sure as hell not saying everyone is so accepting). As society accepted, religion released their strangleholds.

There's a sunrise for gay people. But it won't be during the night.

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

Not all homophobia is religion based- some people have a problem with it based on social stigma.

But the fact is that in Christian religion, homosexuality IS a sin. According to the Bible (and I'm not saying I'm positive about the God thing, but I have a VERY religious mother, so I got to pretty much memorize the bible growing up) Sodom and Gomorrah were completely destroyed because of their sins- homosexuality being named as one of those sins.

So if you accept that it IS a sin, and follow God's instruction to not associate yourselves with sinners, then if you ARE a true Christian then you cannot associate with homosexuals.

That said- apparently it is the responsibility of faithful Christians to convince others to walk "the path of righteousness." Which would be accept Jesus as their personal savior, and follow God's laws. Therefore a Christian who is a "real" Christian would feel it's their personal responsibility to dissuade gays from being homosexual. Don't get into the genetics debate because that OBVIOUSLY would not be accepted by Christianity, any more than saying there is a murderer gene or a rapist gene.

So as far as Churches that accept and support homosexual lifestyles or polyamorus lifestyles... the simple answer is that they are not true followers of the Christian faith. There is no middle line in religion- you either follow God's laws or you don't... All sins weigh equally when you're judged.

I guess the bottom line is that people have to live how they are comfortable, because as you said Getintothegame, you DO only live once. For some people that means living with faith, believing there is a reward for goodness, and following God's laws. And intolerance is intolerance, whether it is about sexual orientation or religion. It's just that- for you- one hits home a bit harder than the other.

On 2007-12-01 13:41, Broodstar1337 wrote:
    Remember this, there were times when society frowned upon black rights, women's rights, divorce, children born out of wedlock, etc.
    Being black is not a sin, nor have I ever heard any religion preaching to the opposite...

Same with being a woman...

Divorce- not a sin for a man, sin for a woman.

Children born out of wedlock- sin... future generations cursed.

Some of that stuff was frowned upon by society but has no connection to religion, so don't confuse issues. Not all the evil and intolerance in the world begins with God- some started in the hearts of men themselves.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-01 14:09 ]</font>

Why on earth people have such strong beliefs about what other people are doing is always going to be beyond me.

Do gays effect me? ofcourse not, i also have gay friends who guess what? act completly normal around me and everyone else. It's bad enough they had to come to terms with the fact that they are not like the majority,coming out and living with it, however many other people think it's their responsibility to cause gay's more grief than is necessary, what a pathetic waste.

we have all read somewhere that people fear what they don't understand, straight men can understand why gay men are like the way they are, so they all act the same, choosing to hate never bothering to understand.
    I'm straight, so what?

Honestly though, Jesus hung out with a crap-load of sinners, and Matthew was a tax-collector. The Bible is contradictory when it comes to hanging out with sinners. The primary assumption, I believe, is that if you are virtuous, you won't let your judgement be clouded and whatnot.

The idea of a "true Christian" is also a little iffy. Catholics, though the oldest sect still in vogue, can't be considered Christian according to Protestants (idolatry, many rules and regulations that don't make complete sense), which brings up the point that Protestants aren't true Christians either, because the branch of faith is rather new.

Also, since all sins are weighed equally, homosexuality would not be a major deal, at least, not more so that the majority of sins. It is a societal thing, like you said.

It probably doesn't matter if you're nice to everyone, anyway. Also, I apologize for the really long sentence.

On 2007-12-01 11:57, Solstis wrote:
    On 2007-11-30 23:18, Uncle_bob wrote:
    Deal with it.
    You're not Skorpius. I wouldn't tell a slave to just deal with it, and I wouldn't do it to a struggling single mother either. Get over yourself.

Anyway, things are looking better, if that just means that people are more cordial about it. I some friends that don't believe in gay marriage and whatnot, but if they can look past my homosexuality, I can look past their beliefs as well.

Wait, no, that's a lie. I'm not friends with anyone that believes that I shouldn't have rights (even a civil union), and I don't see a reason to do so. Bitches can kiss my ass.
    I never said I was Skorpius, what the fuck are you talking about?

I'm just telling him to deal with it. Everyone is always going to discriminate against everyone else. I'm a minority where I work; I'm discriminated against quite often because of my race, sex, and age. I just deal with it and move on.

You can't baby people about everything. You have to be blunt and to the point.

So I propose that YOU get over yourself and get off my sack, good sir.
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Haha, just because you said pretty much what Skorpius would say.

You have to be blunt and to the point? I'm not even being blunt now, and I have the safety and relative anonymity of the Internet. I'd also rather not be blunt to strangers, and if someone bluntly told me that they disapproved of my "lifestyle," I'd probably tell them that I didn't approve of them being a douche, but I don't have much control over that, do I?

If you just deal with being a power minority quietly, you obviously aren't being blunt, and you're allowing yourself to be controlled by those that think of themselves as superiors. Never is this acceptable, and never should it be allowed to pass.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2007-12-01 19:59 ]</font>

On 2007-12-01 14:03, Raine_Loire wrote:
    But the fact is that in Christian religion, homosexuality IS a sin. According to the Bible (and I'm not saying I'm positive about the God thing, but I have a VERY religious mother, so I got to pretty much memorize the bible growing up) Sodom and Gomorrah were completely destroyed because of their sins- homosexuality being named as one of those sins.
    It's a sin in Islam aswell, but in the end, who cares? If a homosexual christian has come to terms with themselves and still wishes to remain as faithful to their beleifs as possible, who is to say "Well you're not really a christian, because you're gay", when the last I checked there were plenty of 'christians' getting divorces, having extra-marital relations, cheating on their spouses, having abortions, and generally doing alot of other everyday sinning. I was raised that a sin was a sin in God's eye, no sin greater than another as God despises them all equally.

So if you accept that it IS a sin, and follow God's instruction to not associate yourselves with sinners, then if you ARE a true Christian then you cannot associate with homosexuals.
    And then you have people who grow up isolated from diversity, wherein they grow up and bash others whom they aren't able to 'come to grips with'. However, keep in mind what you just said for the next quote.

That said- apparently it is the responsibility of faithful Christians to convince others to walk "the path of righteousness." Which would be accept Jesus as their personal savior, and follow God's laws. Therefore a Christian who is a "real" Christian would feel it's their personal responsibility to dissuade gays from being homosexual. Don't get into the genetics debate because that OBVIOUSLY would not be accepted by Christianity, any more than saying there is a murderer gene or a rapist gene.
    So, true Christians aren't to associate with sinners, and yet they are also to go out and..associate with sinners in hopes of sending them on the right path?

Wonky. Funny, I was always taught that only God would make a beleiver out of a disbeleiver. I do beleive the "Going out and compelling others" is nothing more than "Crusade-talk".

So as far as Churches that accept and support homosexual lifestyles or polyamorus lifestyles... the simple answer is that they are not true followers of the Christian faith. There is no middle line in religion- you either follow God's laws or you don't... All sins weigh equally when you're judged.
    But again, who is anyone to say what is and isn't a true follower? Maybe they have far greater faith and devotion to God, Himself, as a God, than to merely goto church and read the bible and follow blindly. Lots of people can goto church and listen to sermons, but it's very much down to the individual and God.

Personally, I beleive that if someone wants to have God in their life and, between them, their life, and God, their business is none of my concern. I don't need to bat an eyelash about it, if they're at peace with where they are, thats what matters; and I find it highly offensive for anyone to step in and cause a disruption to that. It would be no different than a mass of muslims or jews going into every church during sermons, and saying "You are all sinners, you are all going to hell because you're not beleiving in God as God wants you to".

I guess the bottom line is that people have to live how they are comfortable, because as you said Getintothegame, you DO only live once. For some people that means living with faith, believing there is a reward for goodness, and following God's laws. And intolerance is intolerance, whether it is about sexual orientation or religion. It's just that- for you- one hits home a bit harder than the other.
    I agree with you. Everyone needs to live as they see fit and are comfortable; but the issue arises in that everyone else needs to keep their damn yaps shut and let others live as they choose.

Being black is not a sin, nor have I ever heard any religion preaching to the opposite...

Same with being a woman...

Divorce- not a sin for a man, sin for a woman.

Children born out of wedlock- sin... future generations cursed.

Some of that stuff was frowned upon by society but has no connection to religion, so don't confuse issues. Not all the evil and intolerance in the world begins with God- some started in the hearts of men themselves.
    I don't beleive he was confusing social issues with religious issues; he was merely pointing out that in society, there have been hurdles that every minority or class has had to overcome. I think you misread what they were saying.

Here:
    On 2007-12-01 13:41, Broodstar1337 wrote:
    It's a big deal now because people are idiots. It takes time for individuals to be more reasonable when it comes to hot topics such as homosexuality. Remember this, there were times when society frowned upon black rights, women's rights, divorce, children born out of wedlock, etc. But society grew to accept all of those things
    On 2007-12-01 12:15, CrimsomWolf wrote:
    I will honestly tell that I don't like homosexual people that much.
    But I don't insult them because of this. As long as they don't insult me I won't insult them.

Thing is that I was insulted because of my believes too.

So don't say that only ONE side is responsible for this.
    Gandhi said it best, "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

It takes but one remark to send waves that echo through someone's life. Just remember not to pass the hate forward, let it go and don't perpetuate issues and you'll be fine.
    Look, he did it again.

On 2007-12-01 08:51, KodiaX987 wrote:
    THIS IS MY DICK.
    There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My dick is my best friend; it is my life.
    I must master it as I must master my life.
    Without me, my dick is useless. Without my dick, I am useless.
    I must fire my dick true.
    I will shoot wherever I please and make love to whomever I please.
    Before God I swear this creed: my dick and myself are defenders of universal, undiscriminated love.
    We are the saviors of my life.
    So be it, until there is no war, but peace.
    Amen.

Here, send this to your friend and watch him shit himself in confusion. I expect the death threats in my mailbox by Tuesday.
    WHAT THE HELL? LOL!
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)