Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I guess there are more than one reason why I had quitted playing PSU. Regardless of the AOI upgrades, it is still lacking something..

Not sure how many of you here will agree, but PSU does lack the "pause" function. It sucks when you are doing a 30-35 minute free mission, yet unable to save game or pause midway into the battle.

Most rpg games have the "pause" function which is amazing, especially when people decide to doze off midway into the game.

Unfortunately, PSU doesn't have the function...

That's because its meant to be an online game. They've never implemented a pause for offline, even as far back as PSO v.1

What fun is pausing when you can idle!

wait an online game with other people that you can't pause? OMG

so how would that work? you're in a mission with 5 people, hey guys, I g2g to the store real quick, I'll pause it and make you all wait!

see in other free roaming RPGs, monsters keep spawning other places, so you basically have to be in a town if you want to go AFK. At least in this, you can idle in a lot more places, even in some safe spots where there are enemies!

THE JACKEL

pausing isn't a concern. However, the complete lack of photon nunchucks irks me quite a bit

I know this is a stupid reason, but...

It is true that idle is fine, but.. If I forget to save a game before playing a free mission and the next thing is that I doze off midway in the battle. It will result as a gameover with a possible few hours of gameplay lost.. Unlike the network mode, its not like I can get the NPCs to revive me.

On the contrary, in network mode, pausing the game is ridiculous as it is. MMORPG should not have the pause function, because it affects the overall gameplay itself.

And about PSO.. The only reasons why I quitted PSO is the level-up system and this reason. I once woke up to play the game around noon and after 30 minutes, I dozed off... I woke up several hours later and it was game over. Unlike PSU, in PSO.. You cannot save a game, unless you quit and return to the main menu. That sucked..

well...Idling is ten billion times better than offline, I mean how could you even idle ofline. O_O

welcome to the internet, buddy...

PSU lacks developers, ST is a farce.

The first time I played PSO (I was playing offline) I tried to find the pause button but couldn't find one. By the time PSU came out I didn't even bother looking for a pause button offline.

It doesn't really matter though. If you need to pause, just clear a room and idle there. It's not the like enemies respawn or anything...

Sig art by Aussei ^_^