Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

On 2007-12-06 13:17, Raine_Loire wrote:
    No, I'm just over sensitive...
    That's what I'm getting at, if he knew it bothered you, he probably should have stopped D:

And yeah, I've come across a few people on live like that when playing with a female friend of mine.

Halo3, hahaha. We had these drunk people telling us we sucked once because we were just barely beating them. Then my buddy remembered we'd set our handicap to maximum, so... we set it back to normal and finished the next 8 minutes without even dying. It was pretty funny to hear their comments afterwards. "Oh my god, you guys modded the game, seriously. What the... the you ****ing hackmodding bull**** wow, I should come ove... I should... no, shut up... I'm gonna kick your *** you little *********." Oh, and that was the WIFE that said all that. Did I mention it was a married couple? :3
    SERVERS DIE WHEN THEY ARE KILLED.

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

On 2007-12-06 13:19, Tomeeboy wrote:
    On 2007-12-06 11:32, Remedy wrote:

What's it going to be people? What do you want? A balanced game where classes are not made absolutely redundant due to its two core features being made more available in a more powerful form in other classes. A community that isn't filled with assholes who will troll someone simply because they're a bit controversial and have a unique posting style. Moderators who will do their job and enforce these rules and actually punish these trolls instead of letting them flood a topic to almost 100 posts - none of which were infracted with warnings.

Remedy, I'm aware that some people have decided to poke fun at you a bit, but I'm afraid that you are crossing the line with some of your comments here. Contrary to what you stated, adminstrative action has been taken against MANY users who have been involved in 'trolling' or various forms of harassment. These actions may not always be made public knowledge, as they are really nobody's business, but they are taking place.

The community as a whole is better than any gaming community I've ever been a part of, so I don't think it is "filled" with quite as many bad apples as you may think. The moderators do a very good job in my opinion, given that they are all donating their own personal free time to doing a 'job' that doesn't really benefit them at all. What makes their work harder, though, is having to play referee when users start slinging mud at each other and creating an overdramatic mess that starts flooding the forums.

People tend to take things for granted and forget that PSOW is being run by a group of volunteers who do it soley for the benefit of its members and the community. Making their work more difficult, or publicly slandering them, shows a great amount of disrespect for their time and effort.

You contribute a lot to the community through your extensive knowledge of the game, but you also stir things up quite a bit and bring a lot of negativity to areas where it need not be. I would ask that you, and everyone else for that matter, keep the above things in mind when choosing how to conduct yourself on this site. We try to do the best that we can and all we ask is that people do not make our jobs harder. I don't think that is unreasonable.
    What a very polite and nice post.

On 2007-12-06 13:24, Aewyn wrote:
    Halo3, hahaha. We had these drunk people telling us we sucked once because we were just barely beating them. Then my buddy remembered we'd set our handicap to maximum, so... we set it back to normal and finished the next 8 minutes without even dying. It was pretty funny to hear their comments afterwards. "Oh my god, you guys modded the game, seriously. What the... the you ****ing hackmodding bull**** wow, I should come ove... I should... no, shut up... I'm gonna kick your *** you little *********." Oh, and that was the WIFE that said all that. Did I mention it was a married couple? :3
    You just have to quote from that "Master Chief Sucks at Halo 3" movie when the kid was threatening to come over and kick master chiefs ass...

"Ok, get a pen and paper.
    I'm at your mom's house."

"omg how u kil me "

"sword sword sword sword sword olollolololol"

lol, I've actually someone mimic the Sam voice and say

"vetovetovetovetovetovetovetoveto this map is for fag- GOTs"

Hahaha, I used to use the Microsoft Sam voice in person when I was just being an idiot. Then after Aqua Teen Hunger Force, I started using Ignignokt's voice. Haha.

Anyway... I think we've all noticed inconsistencies in the changes. Remember though, these changes probably weren't ones we asked for, rather the feedback from Japanese users. Maybe we'll eventually see another rebalancing, but who knows. Maybe this was how they intended the game to be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aewyn on 2007-12-06 13:37 ]</font>

On 2007-12-06 12:59, Aewyn wrote:

Now, I'm not going to say Remedy is one thing or the other, because I have no idea what he's really like and I thought the ED article was too much (not because it insulted him, but because ED rides in its own wahhhhmbulance). However, I agree with ABDUR101 that Remedy seems to bring all of this on himself, as if he would prefer to be paid attention to over anything else. Every thread he seems to post in gets maimed by uberdrama, and honestly I'm starting to agree with these people.
    I would hope Rem read your post and Abdurs' and Tomeeboys'.

And yes the ED article was way overboard. And no he's not as bad as people make him out to be. People love to assume, and never ask questions, or go find out for theirselves. He knows how he is, and he knows what he should do. BUT he defends what he believes in(including himself).

YES REMEDY, YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHEN TO IGNORE INSULTS. I WOULD HATE TO SEE YOU BANNED HERE.

Now can we get back to the rant at hand =O?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-12-06 13:47 ]</font>
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

The Unofficial PSOW Lolibrarian

On 2007-12-06 13:42, Mystil wrote:
    YES REMEDY, YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHEN TO IGNORE INSULTS. I WOULD HATE TO SEE YOU BANNED HERE.
    Ironic that you say that, because I requested to be and have all of my contributions removed from the database. The request was denied. *shrug*

And I don't rise to their insults anymore. I just send in mod alerts (which are usually ignored) and move on. *shrug*

/shrug
    Mods are just glorified hall monitors anyway. As I see it, you can't have the goodness of s'mores without a few flames.