Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FO's

Hey PSO community ^.^ I have an odd question or rather should i say an odd statement for you all. Here goes-

Well after compleating the game, spending lots of time online and generally loving PSO i have come to the following conclusions.

FO type chracters are the best type of characters to play regardless of situation. FOnewn and Fomarl are the two best characters in the FO class. Basically it's an argument between which is better- i realy don't want to get into that right now. Anyways continuing my logical analasis....

FO type characters are weakest from noraml-Vhard modes. HOwever once they have passed this stage of the game (which ironically takes the shortest amount of time) FO's become gods. For example lets take ULT ruins as an example......

At this stage in the game, hunters become overwhelmed by the fast moving and swarming deminions. Hunters do well throughout the game through normal-Vh and possibly the 1st 2 stages in ULT. HOwever after this he becomes outmatched. As you all know in ULT (esp. Runis) The quanity of enemys increases as well as thier speed. If the hunter goes for the sword tech. In the hope of hitting all of his oponents he will be over run quite rapidly, because the cooldown frames of a sword are larger than a saber dagger ext. If the hunter decides to go for a saber or any single enemy attacking device, he sacrifices damage to the group to kill one. The only problem with this is once again the HU get's surrounded in the "circle of death" and gets killed. t.t

As for rangers. The rangers seem to peak later in the game from vhard to ult. But once again in ult they can be overrun. They have a slightly better chance if they are using the snow queen for obvious reasons lol. however they can still experience problems because of the sheer amount of enemy units and the speed at which they move (in the later stages of (ULT mode). Even with the Snow queen Mild Guila combo the ranger can still become overrun quite rapidly. However he does have a significant adv. compared to the hunters.

Ok and now onto the FO. The FO do terrible in normal all they way through to Vhard. They only become "good" Near the end of Vhard mode going into ult. Before this time a single trap can kil them, they become extreamly expensive and genreally are a pain. However once you plateu nothing can stop you. For example lets take ULT ruins. If i use deband on myself and lets say im a lv. 134 Fonwearl i can NULIFY every single attack brought against my (expet for death bringers) wow. Who cares about a low HP or no DEF when i have Deband??? Deminions claws ext just cannot do squat. And even if i am being hit, i can still zalure for even greater effect. I can never be knocked down, so i am safe. Now on to attacking the huge swarm of guys....Well i have whatever i need at my disposal. High lv. RA spells turn anything to dust. One spell hits everyone in the room for significant amounts of damage. And the best part is i can be running a way while doing all of this. It takes seconds to cast RAfoie. Not to mention that if i am injured (somehow) i can resta, i can bring people back from the dead, and fix any adverse effect with anti. (minus paralasis if it's on my self lol) Other than that i have no problems.

On to PKing. Which i have to admit is really fun. Fo's once again have the edge because of deband and zalure. A hunter cannot even scratch me, I can strike you with zonde from rooms away, megid kills quite easily......FO's just become unstoppable.

Having played through the game and achived a lv. 200 FOnwearl with aroura shield, and psycho wand (no it wasn't hacked) i feel that i have a good grasp of what im talking about. However perhaps i don't, and i am going to be starting a new FO on PSOBB. I was just wondering from the community if any of my thoughts are missplaced, or if im totally wrong. Thanks for all of your help (and sorry about the long post)

None of your complaints about Hunters and Rangers in Ultimate really applies to someone playing an android that knows how to use traps well. For an android Hunter or Ranger, it's easy enough to whip out a freeze trap for a large group, and then paralyze them all with a Red Sword or Spread Needle or something. I haven't really had any difficulty with my Hunters or Rangers in Ultimate. I don't even get touched most of the time.

in ultimate yes, but im talking about mostly about ult ruins. I have never seen a ranger or hunter do well. Traps are great but there is no way you can finish off the whole group of baddies in the time a freeze trap is active. You would need to use quite a few thus haveing it be quite in-efficiant. however i haven't really had a ton of experience playing super high lv. rang or hunts. (best is a 110 Hucast and 114 RAcast.) ohh well.... Anyone else?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-12-11 12:06 ]</font>

killing strong single criatures are the worse for forces, even with fast casting and good damage, a good pair of mechs can beat it.
    also in bosses......you have the problem with the resistances, not to mention they are weak and have weak hp, some boss attacks can be deadly since they hit the force, usually enemys can't attack or die before attacking, with bosses that's alot harder.....

Fixed Damage applies a lot in Ultimate Mode. Jellen/Deband can't do anything about that, only HP/Units.

Casts, they rock in Ultimate, Ruins is nothing. And the only thing that is the main cause of deaths is 1HKOs/Megid if you watch your HP. Fleshies are kind of weak in my opinion. Hunters can deal with damage, for they are designed to, they and close-hand combat, have a extremely high ATP and moderate-high DEF (for me 1387-ish max ATP), so they can take out hordes of enemies w/e going down too much, unless they are too low of a level. I don't know much about human hunters, but I kind of agree with you, they die quite often to silly attacks (i.e. the surround of Arlans overwhelm a HUnewearl, dead). Though, once a ripe level, human hunters can do quite well in combat, due to their balanced skills.

Rangers can use useful guns, that have special attacks like paralyze & freezing hordes of monsters. They are the kind that takes the least damage. Rangers lack ATP, but can use exceptional special attacks, like Demons, to reduce enemy HP by 1/4, or a Hell as special attack (Works very good in EPI 2). Their ATA makes enemies wobble on their poor legs, and strikes down one after the other.

And Forces are designed to take out enemies from farther away, dangerous fighting up close-hand combat. Their casting techniques vary, and can sometimes be slow, continually time-consuming and running back and forth to avoid being hit. Merges are an awesome opportunity to create stronger technique-boosts for a Force; it works quite well in harder difficulties. It sounds like you play only with Forces and such; lacking the experience of a high-level, well-trained android/other class. Besides, it would be unfair if the Forces got everything handed over to them. There is a reason why it says that they are the most difficult class to play with in the game manual, but it all depends on how the player can handle things.

Forces are a really difficult class to play with, even in RUINS. For each enemy group, in each room, to withstand them, you must have Deband on and Jellen casted. Lots of fluid consuming, they have the most horrible DEF and HP; they make up for that with their powerful techniques. From my experience as a Force, they are really good in areas in EPI 2, Megid is the key in EPI 2, and for most creatures have low EDK. For a FOnewearl they can pierce with Megid, as a bonus, and FOmarl and FOmar have the highest Grants boost.

Boss-wise, I find with Forces quite interesting; especially in the final last bosses (Dark Falz and Olga Flow). Forces are at the advantage here, all those cons and deaths and knocks over by enemies all sums up to benefits of a Force. They can attack Dark Falz with their techniques, while it is invisible (3rd Form), very helpful and more of a pro when it comes to fighting Falz. Though, the fixed damage that most bosses can do, Forces must be wary and watch those HP. For Olga Flow, however, I find Forces can defeat Flow much easier, for Forces can attack him at all times, without getting hit most of the time. They are only extremely weak to “God’s Punishment” move, just avoid the Giels/Gill or accomplish “Right Foot Trick” to avoid getting hit by powerful energy waves. Forces, though weak, if trained successfully and wary of powerful fix damage, are indeed the most valued class in terms of some advantages, yet oh so vulnerable to death.

As for Forces doing well in RUINS, you said Ultimate. Now, maybe a really high level force (180+ at least) would have some ease. I’ll tell you what makes Ult. RUINS hell for a force. Gran Sorcerers, Bringers, Belras, and Dark Gunners. Many rooms in RUINS contain a good amount of these creatures, sometimes a Sorcerer and a Dark Bringer in the same room! It is pure annoyance when there is a Gran Sorcerer, and other creatures around it, you must first take out the crystals and then cast Grants on them, which is kind of difficult to do with a room full of 5 Arlans after you. But, it is manageable, for I have done it many many times. But, I feel I should bring up this quote again, from the PSOW database:

[b]Note: No one class is better than the other. No one console is better than the other. No one equipment/weapon set is the best for you. It depends on your gamestyle, your playstyle and your own opinions. So please stop asking us!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banish on 2007-12-11 12:15 ]</font>

hmmm....some interesting responses Banish, I just have a few questions...or rather arguments to some of your comments if you don't mind.

1. I remember playing my lv 134 FOnwearl in ULT ruins, and i thought of it to be too easy. Deband is just too good. Minus the fix damage tecks like megid and grants from the gran sorcers you really don't ahve anything to worry about. Bringers can be handled quite easily with barta, or rabarta for a quick freeze. Gran sorcers can be easily dispatched by killing thier attck crystal with some RAfoie no big deal. Fluids are not a problem, tri's fill up a good deal of tp and at that lv... affording those is nothing for what you get in ULT ruins....imo Beltras are easy kill iwth grants or RaFoie i think (sry if RA is worng havn't played in awhile you see) And gunners, just attack the one with the red crystal.... no problem. RAfoie ranges really far...If you hit that one the gunners are useless.....

2. I will have to agree in that at some times the forces low hp can be a problem with fixed dmg attacks.... But hey everyone has thier weakness i suppose. I guess I was wrong in this point. Your correct in stating that there could be problems.

3.Casts are the only classes in my oppinion you should be playing if not a force they are the best choice. (at least we agree on something lol)

4. My last objection is with VS mode. Force destroys all. Even with good mech guns, what are you going to do to me if i have jellen on you? Not to mention the fact that i can hit you from ROOMS away with zonde- what is a ranger to do?

5. As for forces being the hardest to play..... In the starting episodes of the game yes i will agree....But after that they become too godly. ULT ruins monsters minus the D bringer and Gsorcers CANNOT DO DAMAGE to me. You were saying earlier that the Cast hunter can handle all of the punishment. But lets say.......The Deminions Circle your hunter and beat the crap out of you. idk....

6. Your right i have not had a ton of experience with super high lv casts

Well thanks for your oppinion. Basically what im trying to do in this conversation is try and convince myself that perhaps i should take a differn't rout and not pick a force... Im trying to gather evidence to try and justify im my mind to pick somehting else that i belive to be less powerfull.

also i just recently saw this somewhere- did the PSOBB servers shut down? T.T

On 2007-12-11 13:32, Rizu wrote:

also i just recently saw this somewhere- did the PSOBB servers shut down? T.T
    yes, they are going to shut down soon. the only way left would be going to the other places.

Also back on topic, casts are very hard to play in the mid levels and early ultimate because they lack resta. without, they will burn mates away on huge RUINS rooms and bosses like Falz, Flow, De Rol (beofre you can whip out some insanley good sword and beat the crap out of him. Other wise they are great in the beginning and end. Humans are good in the beginning through VHard and Forces destroy Ultimate and up.

I never had any problem with my HUnewearl or my RAmarl in ultimate.

God/Battle is a requirement, of course.

However, WITH God/Battle, even a sword-type (or shot-type, in the case of RA's) is fast enough to get off a normal-hard-hard (or even hard-hard-hard if your ATA is high enough) without interruption. The knock-back buys you just enough time to slightly reset position and then do another combo, etc.

Nothing against FO's, btw, but I disagree with the idea that HU's and RA's can't thrive in Ult.

Please note, im not trying to bash any of the other classes- hey who can deny a hunter with flowens sword <3 <3 <3 <3 so cewl. Im just asking about strength and general overall power. ^.^

And sry to go off topic again but PSOBB OFLINE wtfs? is there any way to get pso online anymore. I don't count psu because well in my mind it's not pso lol...