View Poll Results: So, after seeing it mentioned in a few threads, I was intrigued. Does posing as a girl in PSU yield

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Easy money!

38 84.44%
  • Didn't work for me.

7 15.56%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I think Parum's quite communist.

On 2007-12-17 16:01, Aries2384 wrote:
    Im for people playing however the hell they want to play. Last time I checked PSU wasnt a communist.
    On 2007-12-17 15:55, Aries2384 wrote:
    No and No. Go do runs to make money. If so called G.I.R.L (Guys in real life) masquerading as a woman on PSU makes any money at all... its because they are in other guy's rooms chatting them up (ohh my brother broke my headset, sry!). Regardless, its sappy and pathetic. What a dumb topic.
    Last time, I saw otherwise. :3 Stop the rage, mang.

If people are that closed midned, sure, I exploit. That shit worked on PSO and for whatever reason I'm assumed to be a girl on a forum.. >_>
    Odd.
    Anyway, if people are fools, put em to use.

On 2007-12-17 16:02, JubeiSaotome wrote:

Last time, I saw otherwise. :3 Stop the rage, mang.
    Pfft indeed. I'm just bored of these threads and tired of getting bashed for playing a GAME the way I want to play? I do not portray myself as a girl or any such nonsense? Rage? Of course, MY game, MY playstyle, back off.
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!

I play as a female, but it says on my PC that I'm a male.

Anyway, if someone hits on you in a game, they have alot more problems to worry about other than you being a guy

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

You know, because I'm female, I tend to assume everyone else is... Pikachief being a guy is a shocker for me...

Aaanyway- I asked a guy yesterday this exact question because he has a character with a name that indicates he's female and wants stuff. According to him, it's very profitable. Personally, as a RL female, it's not profitable for me, so I'm jealous, lol.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

loldrg's Official Manthra Guide, Version One.
    I. Introduction

Everyone knows about all the crafts...Goldsmithing, Woodworking, etc...but when people think craft, they don't think Manthra. I'm writing this to not only change this injustice, but to write a step-by-step guide that shows the tricks, and secrets to this fragile artform.

This method of gilmaking is not for the weak of heart. You will most likely have to say things that you don't want to say. It, like all crafts, has it's downfalls. However, in the end, considering the low amount of gil needed to be put into this craft, it is(if done right) one of the most profitable. Each update will be a new section, as listed below:

I. Introduction.
    II. What does it take to be a successful Manthra?
    III. What are the downfalls to being a Manthra?
    IV. Aquiring your first host. (What to look for?)
    V. Methods of practice.
    VI. Perfecting the craft.
    VII. Conclusion.

I'm sure I'll get flamed, but this is a serious guide. I ask you to respect it. Thank you.

II. What does it take to be a successful Manthra?
    As I already stated, this craft takes barely any gil(more on this later) to profit from. However, it takes more time than any other craft out there. You'll need to be practice, most likely, on at LEAST one other host before you even can dream of the big profits. I personally had one host prior to my current one, and before that I was even practicing in Diablo II, unknowing of the fact that I was already following the way of the Manthra.

So, the first thing you need is Time. And lots of it.

Secondly, you obviously need a girl character. (It is possible to do it with a guy character, however...it would be much much easier to have a girl char.) It can't just be some lvl 4 WHM/ , either. You need to make it look like it's your main. I wouldn't even attempt to level your Manthra skill until you hit 20+, with a subjob.

So second is a convincingly leveled female character to level this craft on.

Finally, and this is the most difficult to attain, is image. Image is...difficult, to say the least. Like all crafts, you get back what you put in. I personally have cultivated a whole extra life, complete with stories about my family, friends, the whole thing. You'll have to become this person, when you play, if you really want to achieve success. This isn't something I can really help with. You have to figure out how to make it work on your own. I'll tell you this, I have people defending me if anyone calls me a manthra(out of spite). My image is that impenetrable.

Some pointers on image: Guys like talking to guys, right? They feel comfortable around them. A great way to achieve success is to act like a girl, with guy-like interests. Talk about how much you like ATHF, then go on to talk about how the mall has great clothes.

Remember, image is going to be one of if not THE most difficult parts, so don't get frustrated.

So the last thing is image.

Oh, and there are a few things like "The need to surpress your real life emotions like disgust", but those fit more under the Downfalls section.
    So uh...what's this next section again? Oh yeah...it's

What are the downfalls to being a Manthra?

I was thinking, as a sidenote...I forgot to mention it before. This guide can also be used by RL females(LOL GRILS DONT PLAY THIS GAME) to simply enhance their ability to profit. They too, can follow The Way of the Manthra.

So. You're all psyched up now, ready to jump into the Way of the Manthra, right?

Wrong.

So far, I've only really shown the upsides to Manthranism(That's right, I'm coining the term right now), or The Way of the Manthra.
    Now for the downfalls.

I'm writing this in the order I think of it, so these will be in greatest to least, or most obvious importance.

1.) You have to act like a female. To some this may be an upside. I know it was for me.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

Anyway, you're gonna have to drop your manly attitude when you attempt to follow The Way of the Manthra. It might be hard at first, but I promise, it'll get better. Hell, I don't even notice it any more. When I log in, I BECOME another person.

2.) You'll have to act like you're in love with the host you attain. It...it's kind of...weird, to say the least, at first. You'll feel dirty, at least in the beginning. After awhile, it will become like the previous paragraph. The words "I love you too" no longer mean anything to me when I say them in game.

3.) You'll have to learn to de-sensitize yourself. That means that you'll have to kill any emotions like disgust, anger, maybe boredom if no profits are coming in for a while, impatience, etc. Eventually, your mind will automatically subdue them, and you won't even notice them. I don't mean to brag(Too late lol MIRITE?) but I am a MASTER of this, and as this is a key element of Manthranism, I am a VERY high level Manthra. I'm like...95.4 right now.
    4.) This part sucks alot. It's not something you can ever "overcome", because there's nothing TO overcome. What is it, you ask? It's this: Once you decide to make the choice to step into Manthranism, you have to always be on full alert. You have to watch EVERYTHING you say. Your mannerisms, tone, the way you "lol", everything.

Unlike a normal player, you can't say what you want, or rather act how you want. A normal player can say what they want, because they have nothing to hide(involving Manthranism). A Manthra, though, must always be analyzing. Would <your person's name> say this? Is this how she would act? Etc, etc, etc....

I won't lie to you; this will most likely get very stressful. Sometimes when I log on, I just want to stop doing it, but I know that I can't. Having my Manthra character being my main character, unlike a mule to level Manthranism on, my FFXI life as a whole is built on Manthranism. It will get tiring, but you can do it.

5.) Finally, and this one ties in with the last one, is this: You can't have any outside(of FFXI) connections, who KNOW that you play FFXI, and KNOW that you're a guy, know about your Manthristic ways. This means, but is not limited to:

No RL friends playing with you(sucks alot).
    No message board posts like this that someone in game might see and would blow your cover.
    No Vent.
    No webcams.

This one should be obvious, anyway. Oh and BTW, "What if someone sees this and links it back to your character, loldrg?" Ahahaha...well see, it won't happen. No one on here knows my character name. Even if, by some chance, someone SOMEHOW had the idea it was me, they have no proof. This won't damage me. Here I'll even do this: I'm on Fairy.
    ...Or am I?

I'm kind of rushing right now, but if I remember anything else, I'll add it in at the beginning of the next update.

Remember, The Way of the Manthra is a tough one. It is HARD. But don't give up. Believe. Believe in yourself. Believe in Chuck Norris. Believe in s0lus. Believe...in The Heart of the Cards.

Aquiring your first Host.(What to look for?)

So, you now know the basics, the requirements, and the downfalls. I bet you're thinking, "Haha, loldrg, I can out-Manthra you!"

Well hold on there skippy Mc. gimp - you don't even know how to get someone to be your sugardaddy. Mmmm...Sugardaddies...

...Anyway, this will be broken down into some sub-sections. Much like a crafting guide, I'll go by skill-level possibilities. These are guidelines, and as such aren't set in stone, but know this: If you go ahead of your level, you risk the larger possibility of failures.

Beginner.

Beginners should stick to, for best skillup possibilities and least chance of failures, the Hitter-onner. This is the dumbass that hits on your character and goes "me~Ow " if you play Mithra...you know the one. This is the best one to skillup on because they're easy to aquire, generally require little actual fake LOVE, and you can get by with small mistakes since they're, well, dumbasses. This was my first FFXI host. These people are practically BEGGING to be Manthra'd.

Intermediate

As an intermediate in The Way of the Manthra, you have the basics down. You've gotten a few people to give you some stuff. It's recommended that you practice on a few more Hitter-onners, though, before you move on to the Average Joe. This guy is normal. He's a decent person, can spell right, etc, etc. This will get you used to dealing with more emotions, more using more love, etc. It's recommended that you limit this to one, because whereas the Hitter-onner is a dumbass, and no one will really take him seriously, the Average Joe will be more able to turn people against you.

Now, heres where an Expert would go, right? Wrong. See, being an expert is kind of like being a hacker. YOU can't say "lol im a hacker" after a few hosts, you have to work at it and eventually you will be called an expert, or you will FEEL that you're an expert.

Heres the type of host you REALLY want: The Emo, Low Self-Esteem Rich Guy. I have one of these. He's RICH. And according to him, he can't live without me. It's PERFECT. This is what you want to get.

However, it's recommended that you have lots of experience first, because this person is generally emo from bad relationships, and doesn't want another. The trick is getting him to like you. Then ya got 'im.

All of the above can be gotten at any level, but like I stated, the chances may be higher for failure. But, they might not be. Remember that this is a GUIDE, not a FACT BOOKLET, or something. Everything will be situational. Take this knowledge, and apply it. If I can get one person to say "I made 2 million yesterday claiming its my birthday! ", I'll be happy.

I got free stuff and more attention by simply playing a female character. I didn't try to act feminine (though considering my age, I kind of was), but I get free stuff just because my model has boobies.
    Men like women, it's as simple as that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-12-17 16:14 ]</font>

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

lol, manthras... the catgirl fetish come to life. Everyone thought I was a Manthra

If this forum had reputation, I'd give you positive reputation for that post, Zorafim. +1

Hahaha FFXI Manthras. That was just funny. Hundreds of them running around in their underwear. Woot. Ok yeah that was funny.
    Ever hunting on and on for Friends, Enemies, and Rarz!