Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Before I begin, I'd like to just state that..I would appreciate it if people keep this as a serious discussion instead of just replying back with a flame or some sort of, "lololol get a life noob" reply. Thanks

Alright, well..I started playing PSU back in June and I was playing it day after day for countless hours at a time. During October, I finally decided to take a break from it for a week. I came back and everything was alright.

Well..for the past few days though, I've been kind of bored with the game, honestly. I mean..my main has been level 110 since the 6th or so and sure, when the cap raises..I can get to 120, but that won't do much really. I'll just be sitting there waiting for the cap to rise once more.

A lot of the enemies seem too easy now and the bosses are all rehashes of existing ones. How original is that? Not to mention..they brought back De Rol Le instead of giving us something new. Oh, and let's not forget Motherbrain who has the same model as Fakis, the same intro, the same dying animation, and even some of the same attacks.

I'm honestly just not feeling as enthusiastic about the game these days. I used to be like, "PSU is awesome!" and I'd sign on, but these days I'm like, "Meh..I guess I'll play..". I don't feel very excited about signing on anymore.

I've also pushed back a lot of other games because of this one. I have 50+ titles piled up that I haven't played or finished yet. So, right now..I'm asking myself, "Why should I put forth hours into PSU and not accomplish much at all and do the same things over and over when instead..I could go try out that new game and do all sorts of things I've never seen or experienced before?".

So, all-in-all..I'm just curious if anybody else has felt this way recently or in the past about the game. I'm not creating this thread to hope someone persuades me into not quitting, since I've pretty much already decided. I just want to hear from those who feel the same or state reasons why you have decided to stick around.

Well, generally, when I get bored of playing, I switch to an alt to get a different playstyle.

Or I stop playing PSU for a bit and pick up another game until I feel like playing PSU again.
    Coming Soon!

anyone who plays an online game as their Primary Game, either is way too into it in the first place, or they will get bored of it. I get bored with this game all the time, and it's only when friends come back and such that I really start to enjoy it again. Thankfully, I have my DS and Wii to entertain me otherwise, and when I get Fire Emblem for my Wii this christmas, I'll be playing that a lot.

THE JACKEL

I don't really get tired of PSU maybe since I never capped a character or capped a PA. Though I do get tired of the slowdown I get when I play in teams of 5-6 people. Actually >_>;, I get slowdown either way which pisses me off when playing which causes me to stop for a bit. Otherwise I still love play this game.

Dragon God

On 2007-12-23 19:08, Randomness wrote:
    Well, generally, when I get bored of playing, I switch to an alt to get a different playstyle.

Or I stop playing PSU for a bit and pick up another game until I feel like playing PSU again.

You could always try other classes with your character, or finding rares, I don't think the level cap is all that there's to PSU. Or you could play one of your 50+ games.

Eh, I get bored of this game time to time, but it's definitely the best interactive chat room I've ever used.

On 2007-12-23 23:47, joluh wrote:
    You could always try other classes with your character.
    That works pretty well too. I got bored of playing on my main who is a Fortefighter. I then switched him to Protranser and I'm having alot more fun on him. I think I have a soft spot for hybrid classes.

On 2007-12-24 00:53, Umberger wrote:
    it's definitely the best interactive chat room I've ever used.
    Indeed. Best 10 dollars a month I spent just talking to random people and not doing missions period.

Dragon God

On 2007-12-24 01:00, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-12-24 00:53, Umberger wrote:
    it's definitely the best interactive chat room I've ever used.
    Indeed. Best 10 dollars a month I spent just talking to random people and not doing missions period.
    So god dam true, all online games generally end up like this cause all of them have the same shit different day sort of feel to them after a while. Can't count the times where I log on, say hi and just spend the entire day talking about junk.

lets not forget it is just a game afterall - it's something you do when you have spare time - play to relax, its not your life.
    I'm straight, so what?