Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

I use to play PSU on a regular television with only the red, white and yellow cables. Standard hookups. It worked fine. One day I felt like playing PSU on the living rooms HDTV. So I hooked it up not expecting much except a larger screen than I am used to. I was amazed at how much of a difference it had made.

Full parties which normally filled 3/4 of the left side of your screen had been scaled down to 1/4 of the side of the screen. The menu's and all the the text were scaled down perfectly so its so much easier and nicer to look at and read. The names above people's heads were no longer and eyesore even when turned on due to being smaller as well.

Anyway after moving my 360 to my room to my regular TV i was very sad. Then I figured I could try and hook up my 360 to my LCD monitor. Well I went out bought a VGA cable and hooked it up. Sure my screen size went from a 37" to a 19" but the clarity and details are so much greater on the 19" that I can never go back to non HD.

I'm sure most people play on HD televisions these days anyway but some people I'm sure like I was never played in HD. HD makes the world of difference in this game.

The VGA cables are really cheap. 20 dollars for an off brand which work just as well as the Microsoft Cables which costs $40.

If you have 20 dollars to spare I recommend trying this. Worst case just return it to the store.

Here's some links from target.com but easily found everywhere:
    Intec Cable
    Psyclone brand

Well Theres my xmas experience, I hope you try this out if you can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2007-12-27 01:31 ]</font>

I was concerned before that the game wasn't "next-gen" (I threw up a little in my mouth saying that, by the way) enough being a PlayStation 2 port, and all, but the game really does look rather nice in 720p.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

I've been using a PC monitor to play game since the Dreamcast and it's VGA adapter. Sure, the DC wasn't HD - but the crispness, clarity, and the colors were just awe inspiring. Unfortunately VGA cables for the X-Brick were very hard to come by, and the PS2 and NGC weren't optimized for VGA output. Which, they looked good - don't get me wrong, but the conversion from Component Cables to a VGA display left a lot to be desired, even from a mid-tier converter like $200 Viewsonic NextVision 6. After playing on my cousin's HDTV a few times, I'm soundly convinced that it wasn't just the quality of the converter (but it was most of it), it was the difference in quality between a good PC monitor and a HDTV, and quality that VGA has over Component cables. VGA just looks much better.

It's a trade off - screen size for marginal picture quality. But either way, if your HDTV has VGA input, buy the VGA cables. If it has HDMI, get the HDMI cables for the Xbox. Component is a great step up, but it just doesn't quite cut it for me.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I play on a 36" HD set but I still usually have it set to 4:3 480p when playing PSU because I sit a bit away from the tv and the big text makes things easier for me. It does look very nice in HD though.

65" 1080P as a PC monitor ftw No, I dont have a lont of money, I just work too much and am a "Slave to my crap" as my chem teacher used to say...

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

My 360 is pretty much the reason I got an HD set. I don't really watch TV, so games was my only real motivation. I'm glad now that I can run my older systems in 480p and all my new stuff runs in 720p.

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

PSU360 + HD TV/Monitor = Tha jam.

If you havent peep'd it, you should. It's purdy.
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

i used my PC cords for the longest time, and i just got some hd component cords for christmas. I was rather surprised that the PC cordes were actually much better than the component ones. It is really pretty lol but i do still use my regular AV cords sometimes. When i want to level spells or something really boring i put those cords in and i can split my tv's picture in half, i watch and hear the TV on the left screen and just keep an eye on the PP bar on the right. i love mah TV
    GT: Seriyu

Telina 140/20 ForteTecher
    Seiryuu 78/10 ForteGunner
    Isis 130/20 ForteFighter
    Moose 1/1

Funny enough. I bought a Widescreen monitor right after the early PSU previews showed the 360 version on widescreen. I knew a lot of games took advantage of Widescreen, but this one made me cave in. It also helped that widescreen flatscreen monitors had a huge price drop. Still, I can barely see myself ever playing this game with standard 4x3 ever again. I've seen my friends do it, but to me it looks like the HUD and speech bubbles take up way too much of the screen. Needless to say, it's just what I was used to.

PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

The reason I have and HD TV is 360, and xbox was the reason to have a 5.1 audio device, I've always played PSU in HD and talking with people who don't I discovered that people who plays in non HDTVs have a problem in the trade window, the message to confirm the trade covers the items traded, and that's the reason why some people is scammed, because they don't see if the items are switched or removed