Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Hunters have JA, combos (with PA's), high % weapons.

Forces have a multitude of spells (that change as they level) at their disposal.

Rangers have the ability to hit the same button over and over again and see the exact same bullet animation. >.> Oh and SE's that don't help much since most enemies die in < 10 seconds now anyway.

I think there should be a change in gunner gameplay since it is (and I don't think anyone would disagree with me here) quite monotonous. Sure we can change elements on the go but so can Forces.

Maybe have the strong/weak attacks from PSO for guns or something like JA. Bullets that look even slightly different as they level would be a cool addition. Bullet PA's that do something other than a new SE or element (Mass Effect had some cool gun skills such as a huge blast for shotguns or higher rate of fire for pistols).

Anyone else have any new ideas or agree with those stated here? Not that it would matter much but I'd just like to hear opinions.

Love,
    Fox Makenshi

The Mormegil

Different bullet animation would be a bit redundant considering S-rank guns already have their own unique bullet animations. However, yes, guns need some kind of JA like boost. Even that can be negated if they simply give enemies more HP so that SE can actually make a difference.

Yeah but JA for guns would make the gameplay less repetitive so I'd take that, though I'd prefer a weak/strong attack like from PSO. Not saying OMG PSO IS TEH BEST I WANT PSU TO BE PSO, I just think it was a good idea.

Love,
    Fox Makenshi

Dragon God

I wouldn't mind a stong attack, like it would take more PP than normal bullets... Something like that would work so well actually lol.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

Sounds like a good idea. They could set it to the PA button.

Another action button for gunner would be nice. Either a Roll/Evade action or a Power up/Charge button.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Indifferently Apathetic HaydenX's Avatar

On 2007-12-30 17:20, Dhylec wrote:
    Another action button for gunner would be nice. Either a Roll/Evade action or a Power up/Charge button.
    Charge attack would r0xx0rz t3h 50xx0rz 0fF t3h f007
    Ship 02
    Violet: Fighter 44/Hunter 34
    Thanatoa: Force 36/Techer 15

I think this would be a good idea, but it seems that a good portion of the population is already gunners of some sort. Does Sega need to add more to encourage more players to play gunner?
    Control-F.
    Never leave a FAQ without it.

I want either a Charge attack or the ability to Roll like gunner enemies do. There's currently no use for the PA button on two-handed guns, so why not?

Hunters get JA/JC and Forces just got a Rod boost, it's about freaking time we get SOMETHING. I'm noticing the Ranger population is quickly dwindling, and it isn't hard to see why. But until ST quits jerking off to Hunters and until Forces stop bitching, we probably won't see much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2007-12-30 17:35 ]</font>

PSO2 - MAHOU MOONLIGHT MSAksion's Avatar

1) VISUAL AND AUDIO. Make bullets larger and more sparkly. Make the sound of each bullet more powerful booming sounding when upgraded.

***NOTE*** The following could easily be done by tapping or Charging the PA Attack button.

2a) KNEELING POSITION - Rifles. Shoot a fast 3 round burst while kneeling. Lower ATA but 3 chances to status. Enemy Cast Rangers do this already.

2b) KNEELING POSITION - Bows. Turn sideways and shoot ONE bigger BOW bolt for extra power. Slow to pull back the "string" Enemy COG Bow women do this already.

3) DODGE ROLL - small arms. Such as Twin Handguns, Crossbow, M-gun be able to roll dodge to avoid attacks. Run and tap PA button to roll in that direction. Enemy Cast Rangers and Vol brother has this already.

4) COUNTER FAN SLAP ATTACK - Card Fans. It looks like a shield (yohmei) or a parrying knife (grm)- I'd deflect an enemy sword with it, then counter with a fan slap to the face XD

5) CHARGE BLAST - Laser. Longer you charge the bigger the blast and more damaging. Enemy Cast Laser Men of AMF Subway have this already.

6) SOMERSAULT BLAST - Shotgun. hmm... i'd like to see a PA where you somersault jump to dodge and upside down in midair you'd unload into a monster's head for more damage.

7) VARIABLE SHOT DISTANCE - Grenade. Hold the PA Button and HIT up to increase Grenade Range or HIT Down to reduce Grenade Range. A targeting Circle shows where it will land while you Aim.

Please sega - read this and do it. Make Ranger interesting compared to AIR SWIMMING Melee or explosive looking TECH. Pew Pew Pew isn't cutting it anymore.