Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

The tourney bracket as of now. Brit will be helping me update it (since I'm a tad lazy.) To see an updated version of the chart that crosses out losers and moves up the winners, please click the link. Thank BlackHat for this spoiler-friendly suggestion.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...cketRound3.png

Round 1, Ka-bob versus Blackhat.

Shliggy steps into the arena. It's a modern age replica of the Roman Coliseum. Stone is replaced with steal, dirt is replaced with glass. People of all races, nationalities, and origins cheer in their seats awaiting the match.

The middle of the arena opens up revealing a small, white balloon-looking creature sporting sunglasses and sky-blue hair. It pulls out a Wii-mote which promptly transforms into a microphone.
    "Greetings fellow FKLers! I'm your host, Sgt. Shliggy, and will be the announcer for all upcoming matches. If you'll look towards the West side of the arena. . . " By command, a door on the west side of the arena opens. A figure clad in black steps out in shadows. Red eyes flare through his dark, smoky aura. His long fangs and claws glint in the light. His shadow seems to be out of sync with his motions.
    "And our first combatant, BlackHat! Oddly lacking a black hat! And now if you'll look to the East side of the field. . . "

Another door slides open revealing the second contender. Seven feet tall and stocky, green in skin color and muscles everywhere. A pair of large tusks protrude from the orc's face. He's wearing a black business suit, a top hat, and a monacle. A small saucer with an even smaller glass of tea sits in his left hand.
    "Ka-bob, the orc! Such nice dapper for his race! And now for the match to begin." The glass floor begins to glow. From the combatants' view, the audience disappears into a white fog. From the audience's view, the combatants are still visible. It' like looking into a gigantic crystal ball. An ultra bright flash of light from the floor blinds the spectators as well as the fighters for a moment. The arena has taken the form of a large open grassland. A single, oversized tree towers in what appears to be a center. A river crosses next to it in both directions.

"This is a different kind of match then you've all seen in the past my friends! Here's the idea. . . You can not see the audience but, trust me, they can see you through the fog. This arena is much larger, about four miles in width and five miles in length. Don't question how, it just is. If you go past the arena's boundaries, signified by the metal spiral of a notebook, you lose. It's a long ways down at the edge. . . If you pass the stratosphere during flight, you lose. Basically, don't 'fall off the page.' If your opponent can not fight back, you win. You may summon whatever need though remember your limits. To use a summon, merely say it's form. Object, ability, or creature. Also remember to use the arena to your advantage. With those words, get ready. . . Set. . . Draw!"

Ka-bob observes his surroundings and takes a sip of his tee. His English accent is sullied by his large tusks, so he speaks with a lisp. "Jolly good day Blackhat! Luck to you boy!"
    The vampire sways in the field, he's like a soar thumb with his black aura. He's a good half mile away but his dark, raspy rattles in the wind. "Illic ero nusquam left vestrum secundum im perfectus."
    Ka-bob raises an eyebrow to his foe. "Erhem, my Latin's a tad rusty, chap. . . Was that "there will be nothing left of you after I'm finished" or am I mistaken?"

Blackhat rushes towards the great tree. It stands about two hundred feet in the air, casting a giant shadow upon the plane. Him and his shadow split apart in the shade.
    "So you'll be like that, aye boy?" Ka-bob begins to walk towards the tree but almost trips. He stumbles and turns to his right spotting "-A shadow?" As he says this, it swats at him but he barely moves. He chuckles at the figure as it puts more and more force into it's attacks in attempt to harm the orc.
    Shliggy's voice rings through the audience. "Looks like that shadow is having a hard time out there! A poor choice on Blackhat's part."
    The shadow finally lands a blow upon Ka-bob's left arm, nearly knocking the tea out out of his hand.
    "Have at you good sir! I'll show you!" Ka-bob's right hand taps his monacle unleashing a fine, red laser beam upon the shadow causing it to explode in a burst of shade which quickly gives way to light once again.
    Blackhat's voice rattles in the shadows. "Bullshit! It's frickin' shadow!"
    Shligger interupts. "Sorry Blackhat but light beats dark- Though a common flashlight would've sufficed, a laser is a bit much though."

Ka-bob laughs in his triumph. "Is that the best you got boy? A tiny shad-" In the middle of his sentence, Ka-bob had strolled into the shade. Blackhat's fangs are sunk into Ka-bob's right arm. He lets out a bellowing yell and throws his tea into the Vampire's face. Blackhat shrieks and jumps back.

"HOW DARE YOU SPILL MY TEA!" Blackhat opens his flaring left red eye. The entire right side of his face is burned, including the formerly red eye. Darkness quickly swirls over his face, reigniting his right eye.
    "You spilled it yourself." Blackhat mocks. Ka-bob responds with another bellowing yell and charges Blackhat. The vampire smirks and calls out. "Object!"

He swings his hand through the air unleashing a deep blue plastic mat. Ka-bob slips on the Slip and Slide, sliding out of control. Blackhat quickly follows down.

AH! I'll be off the arena if this keeps up, I have to- That's it! Ka-bob grabs the edge of the Slip and Slide with both hands and tugs, flipping himself under the plastic mat and halting his movement. Blackhat is quickly entangled in the mat and flipped into the mud.
    "Ability!" The orc's tusks begin to pulse with electric chains. "THUNDER FANG." He bites a segment of the mat, sending a powerful electric shock to Blackhat, who is still tangled within it's plastic grip. "ITEM!" Ka-bob now stands with a large device resembling a leaf blower but with a clear tube and aerosol can poking out. It's a modified potato cannon.
    "So, boy, anything left to say?"

Blackhat chuckles as he stands once more, unharmed by the shock. "You think I'm done? I'm just gett-" A loud "POUHNK" sound echoes from the potato cannon. Blackhat uses his claws to slash through the incoming projectile but his eyes quickly well of with tears.
    "Wh-what did you *sob* shoot *sob*?" The vampire looks to the ground looking at shreds of a garlic bulb. He looks at his claws which are now sizzling from the encounter. "How dare yo-"

*POUHNK*

Another bulb of garlic is fired, this time into Blackhat's mouth and down his throat. The vampire begins to desperately claw at his throat in attempt to dislodge the bulb. A gurgling noise comes from his mouth as his attempts become weaker and weaker. Steam pours out of his mouth as he falls over. The darkness disperses around him as his eyes fade to black.

"A nice play on Ka-bob's part, using such a fine weakness to his advantage! Such sophistication! Needless to say, Ka-bob is the winner!"

Ka-bob now holds a new saucer of tea and sips it. "Right o'!"

WINNER: KA-BOB!

And that's the first match. The next few matches shouldn't be as long since I had to take the time to describe the rules and the arena.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-03 18:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-03 18:52 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-04 18:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-04 19:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-04 19:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-08 21:02 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-11-14 17:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sgt.wiggles on 2007-12-1 01:40 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-12-02 21:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2007-12-05 19:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-01-10 20:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-01-16 19:00 ]</font>

death by garlic, that's a deathmatch first. it should be intresting to see what you do with the members abilties.

Down for the Getdown

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

You never used one of my abilities ._.

Being killed by Dizzy in the first match, how unexpected.

You only gave me "Ability" once ._.

I gave you "item" though. It was either Slip and Slide or an ice slick. I picked the funnier one

hel to the yeah XD

On 2007-11-01 21:18, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
    You only gave me "Ability" once ._.

I gave you "item" though. It was either Slip and Slide or an ice slick. I picked the funnier one
    Actually I didn't give you "ability" at all >.>

I gave you "power" twice.

On 2007-11-01 20:14, BlackHat wrote:
    You never used one of my abilities ._.

On 2007-11-02 12:25, BlackHat wrote:
    Actually I didn't give you "ability" at all >.>

You just talked yourself into a circle there bro ;(

The random method used to decide the winner and loser of the fight was in Ka-bob's favor ;(

Down for the Getdown

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!