Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DA BANINATAH! GET TO DA CHOPPAH!!!

Yeah. That's right. Your fingers hurt from the mundane repetitivity of the gunner classes. You're tired, sore, and looking for something new. Look no further! Please note that this ONLY works for PC users that use controllers to play. Dunno if this has been posted before but ehhh....

First, download Joy To Key. The program can be found here: http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key...s/jtk374en.zip
    It's a completely free spyware-free shareware program. Don't gotta worry about it because it's open-source. It's pretty barebones, but the thing is that it WORKS. Anyways, extract it and get it running. Make a link to the desktop for it, if the need be.

Here's the window. Not much to look at... Anyways, you want to select the key that corresponds which the button on your controller. Shot on mine is same as the square button button on PS2. It has a label named "1" on it.

So, we would select slot 1...

Here's the setup window. There's many things you can assign buttons to do... Hell, if you wanted, you could tell it to run the calculator by pressing the start key. But that's not implemented yet. >_> Anyways, you can select up to 3 keystrokes to happen once you push the button. CTRL+ALT+DEL at the touch of a button... >.> Aways, in the first slot, you would want to put the same as the attack key for PSU, By default, it's the down arrow key. So push down. On the slider on the bottom, move it to the right, all the way. This will make the computer press down 30 times each second when you hold the button down. Overkill, I know, but ehh... This is what your window should look like.

After that, minimize and go play normally. If you use that program for other things, be warned it won't work for XBOX360-style controller's L2 and R2 buttons, it won't work with a dpad if you got a stick, and it certainly won't work with the right analog stick.

One more note before I go. You can easily use this to autolevel techs and bullets. Find a guide on it somewhere that mentions the scarred earth method, go there, use you imagination to weigh down the button somehow, and go afk, and come back to 15 levels of your favorite spell (hey, its happened before. I slept in.) Anyways, thanks for reading, and feel free to ask any questions!

"Not Hentai" and "Bet you looked at the last one" folders made my day and made me Laugh Out Loud.

Nice one on posting this though, it's really good (lucky for me I use a PS2 turbo pad and I have one of those USB adaptors that lets me plug in my PS2 controller.)

This should be sticked!

Rangers and AFk photon art leveling best friend!

[PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

On 2008-01-22 07:46, biggabertha wrote:
    "Not Hentai" and "Bet you looked at the last one" folders made my day and made me Laugh Out Loud.
    Thanks. That's the effect I was going for.

On 2008-01-22 07:58, darkante wrote:
    This should be sticked!

Thanks. Glad you think that. I've been using this program for well over a year and a half and I thought I'd share.

On 2008-01-22 08:02, SATatami wrote:

This should be sticked!

Thanks. Glad you think that. I've been using this program for well over a year and a half and I thought I'd share.
    Actually i have used it for a year myself.
    But i havenīt bother to write the awesomeness of it.

Haha
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

On 2008-01-22 08:04, darkante wrote:
    On 2008-01-22 08:02, SATatami wrote:

This should be sticked!

Actually i have used it for a year myself.
    But i havenīt bother to write the awesomeness of it.

Haha
    Ahh, yeah. Well, I still wish is could read pov. hats (dpads) and axes other than the left analog stick. =/ That would make it a winner. Oh, btw, there's also a method for turning the turbo functions on and off at a push of a button. might be helpful for gunners the melee too. I can describe the method if the need be.

The L2 and R2 triggers on the Xbox pad aren't technically buttons (instead of being up/down, they have a value of how hard it's pressed.) You need to change the controllers setting to make it into a button, and then you can use it in PSU.

Personally, I use a Logitech Precision controller. It was about $10 and with another 10 cents (a dime), you can wedge down the L2/R2 buttons.

If you're tech leveling, I recommend getting a TCSM and a Wand, then setting the autofire to "Up > Right/Down" and a decent speed (10-15x a second?) You'll generally use your TCSM, but if it's out of PP you'll use your wand. When both are out you'll use whatever has enough to cast. Since two weapons are recovering, your afk casting speed is essentially doubled.

Uhh, what program is this? Logitech profiler?

Oh, and yeah, the buttons are technically a axis, like a joystick, which messes all sorts of things up. I use a Logiteeech...Hell, I dunno what it was. was twenty bucks though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-22 08:29 ]</font>

On 2008-01-22 08:26, SATatami wrote:
    Uhh, what program is this? Logitech profiler?
    It's still joy2key, but with a $10 Logitech Precision controller. It's very similar to a PS1 controller (not dualshock) with a looser dpad. I use it for fighters, mostly, but it's not a bad choice if you need a cheap controller to use this method.

oh, I see what you're getting at. There. hmm... not bad, not bad. That's a great idea. So basically... The basic concept is to put it on click, then for the two slots, hit photon art and switch? That way it'll use it till one's up, then constantly be switching between the two? Lord, that's ingenious.

I just tried it, and I gotta say. It's awesome. it constantly switches between weapons while attacking and is overly great. plus, you can level two techs at once.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SATatami on 2008-01-22 08:44 ]</font>