I was really bored...so I started listening to a lot of old video game music and I came across the "Doomsday" song from sonic the hedgehog 3/Sonic and Knuckles....and I decided to do a hip hop remix to it..its not anything special...and it was a bit rushed...but i was like what the hell...

I hope I in no way dishonored Howard Drossin who i "beleive" did the music for SOTH3 and SK.....but i loved the Doomsday song so much that i had to do it....

so heres the remix i did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx0OefjY1tA

By the way, while we on the subject...what are some of your favorite sonic the hedgehog songs?

Mine:

Green Hills Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog

The Sky Zone song from SOnic the hedgehog 2

ALL songs from Sonic and Knuckles

Aqautic Mines Theme from SOnic Adventrues 2

Sonic;s Theme from SOnic Adventures 2

Shadow's Theme from SOnic adventures 2 (I like the beats in it)

and

I can't think of the name but its the song that's played when you fight the lizard from Sonic Adventures 2...

O.O that beat was kinda tight I ain't fanah lie lol. I definitely liek the old sonic game musik specially them songs from Sonic CD. Just bout all them Knuckles stages in SA2 have a type of hip hop flavor wit it liek Aquatic Mine's -Dive into the Mellow song or that Pumpkin Hill- A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup which I liek a lot.

On 2008-01-24 23:23, Fyrin wrote:
    O.O that beat was kinda tight I ain't fanah lie lol. I definitely liek the old sonic game musik specially them songs from Sonic CD. Just bout all them Knuckles stages in SA2 have a type of hip hop flavor wit it liek Aquatic Mine's -Dive into the Mellow song or that Pumpkin Hill- A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup which I liek a lot.
    lol thank you....its the trial version of FL studio so I don't really have that many instruments to use...and as you can see from the song...the ones available are really techno (*cough* cheap) sounding....I just wanted to show how i could re-arrange the song and add a beat on it...but the actual process of doing that was really hard lol. Took me like 2 hrs to write it all out and then another 2 hours to make the song...

and yea, Aquatic mines is one of my faves...the rhymes were kinda cheesy but the dude could flow on it and the music was nice..

I love rap and hip-hop types of songs so I'll check it out later (blocked from work lulz). As for favorite tracks... hmm... there's not too many I actually hated. I loved the music in Sonic for 360/PS3.

The Space/Meteor level for knuckles from SA2 comes to mind right now though.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I've been looking for the original, where did you get yours Infinity?

Oh yeah, in my opinion, I think changing the tempo or pitch of the beat, or even using a different beat, would've thrown in quite a flavor. I like this however.
    Sounds ominous, yet smooth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitro_Vordex on 2008-01-25 15:50 ]</font>

I'm impressed, without a doubt.

The velodrome was an accident, obviously noted. It WAS annoying, but from my assumption you're still getting used to this. You have the drum beat that all radio-friendly producers have, which will help. You've sampled the song quite well, and given it a great hip-hop feel. I do have some minor trouble with the loudness of the sample, but you wanted to sample Sonic of all things, and it's not like you're TRYING to mass promote it and make huge money out of it or anything-it was a test, and a damn good one at that. If this is your first creation, I can't wait to see what you'll be capable of when you've had some good experience at this. Great job overall.

Now, as far as my favorite Sonic theme goes...I liked a few of the themes from Shadow The Hedgehog, not going to lie...my favorite's Crush 40's "Open Your Heart" from Sonic Adventure 1 (I love the guitar :>), and I also love a lot of the BGM's from Sonic Adventure 2 (most notably the Tails/Eggman fight music, and the vs. Egg Golem BGM.)

But I do want to reiterrate that you did a great job with this. If you had more diverse samples to work with, and were experienced with more instrumentals, you could probably do a great job given the time.
    Kyousei - 21 Fnewm

Pretty damn good. Some parts I didn't like, some parts I did but that was a surprisingly well done remix.

MOAAAAAAAAR!

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

Sorta unrelated I guess, but I checked out some of your other videos and that Timbo Audition clip was awesome but i'm going to assume the actual music ingame isn't anywhere near as good riiiight ?
    My better is better than your better.

On 2008-01-25 19:53, UnderscoreX wrote:
    Sorta unrelated I guess, but I checked out some of your other videos and that Timbo Audition clip was awesome but i'm going to assume the actual music ingame isn't anywhere near as good riiiight ?
    lol yea the ingame music is not all that..but there are a lot of nice songs (i've discovered 3 artist through that game)...and there are some pop chart son their too like Poppin by Chris B, and Walk it Out by DJ Unk
    ----

Thank yall ppls. I was told to buy a software called Reasons...my cousins (who do a lot of work in the studio) said that it has a large selection of different sounds and different effects....(even a pre-installed autotuner...the thing that T-pain and AKon use)....but its very pricy XD....
    --------
    I forget how I put that Velodrome in the song but I think i was messing around with different sounds and somehow that note got placed in the Piano Roll......and if your on the trial you can't re-work on mp3s....but I just recently found out I could've used Windows Movie Maker and just "cut out" that part lol...-.- which I might do and re-upload the video...I REALLY HATE that part of the song...

Edit: Nitro, I got that song and many other video game songs from a friend a looooonnnnng time ago lol...I'll ask him where he got it from and I'll PM u the info...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2008-01-25 20:22 ]</font>

That was freakin cool! Thanks for including the original song in there too, it's been years since i played that game...

as for my fave songs

Sonic 2
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Final Egg Zone

Sonic 3
    Intro music (best 10 seconds ev0r)

Sonic Adventure
    It Doesn't Matter
    Speed Highway: At Dawn

Sonic Adventure 2
    Mission Street
    Pyramid Cave