Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Should I change from Wartecher to Acrotecher? I love using my tech weps though.
    Phantasy Star Portable 2 Characters

Zaladin - Human - Vanguard
    Starscream - CAST - Vanguard
    Roflarrow - Human - Ranger
    Shoryuken - Beast - Hunter

You should try acrotecher for a day and see if you like it or not, remember that we can change classes very often so why not try?
    PZ0 Friend Code : 3008-8179-4031

Depends on what you plan on using, really. WT can use whips, but they only get A rank, whereas AT gets S rank whips. WT gets lvl 30 on skill PA's, whereas AT only gets 20. WT has a better S rank selection when it comes to melee weapons. Both get Madoogs, but AT has the S rank ones.

WT is more melee and AT is more support. At least, that's how I concluded it due to experiencing both.

If you like using TP-based weapons, Acrotecher is an all-around better choice for that.

The main trade off is more, higher damage melee weapons for higher support (the highest) and higher tech damage. The survivability and single hand melee weapon output are about the same solo between the two classes once you've acquired good weapons. (Obviously WT has an advantage over AT in both if someone with higher support is in your party.)

I would have to say it comes down to which do you enjoy more, attakcing with striking weapons/PAs or attacking with techs. I would say arcotecher is better with the tech and wartecher with the melee. Each can do both but from my experience with both that the way it seems to me. Wt wins out with lv 30 striking PAs while AT only has lv20. With 1h weapons you still get the full combo, but with twin weapons you lose out on the final part of the combo. Its also a question of support, wartecher doesnt have much support having support caping at lv 20 while arcotecher has the best support at lv 40. So while WT get lv 30 striking PAs, the ATs can give themselves lv 31 buffs, compared to lv 11 WT buffs. another Pro to AT is the bonus to casting speed. Tho it also seemed to me that AT was a lot more frail than WT when I tried AT. So I'm sticking with WT but thats also because I prefer to melee and having Giresta Reverser and Megistar for myself and anyone else around me (for the heals I know Megistar is self only)
    PC/PS2
    Hiraisho - Lv.150 (Wartecher 20, Fortetecher 14, Acrotecher 19)
    Vequi - Lv.150 (Protranser 19, Guntecher 20)
    Saibura - Lv.83 (Acrofighter 10, Fighgunner 5)

fortetecher duh duh
    Khanny - Female Cast - Hunter - Fighter - Ship 10 Lv 30

"I kinda do YouTube "

Like Melee attacking with some TECHing on the side? Stay Wartecher.
    Like TECHing with some decent Melee? Go Acrotecher.
    Just like TECHing? Go Fortetecher.
    Simple solutions, from a simple minded man.

What's funny is that, from my experience, it's still generally the Wartecher who's expected to support and not the Acrotecher. It's like people in general have just resigned to the idea that Acrotecher is nothing more than a gimped meleer - "ForteWhipper" and look elsewhere for support.

There was a game I was in a few days ago in which I was playing with my non-support WT. When things got heated, I often had to go pure support mode to compensate for my lower Resta... and I did not use Megistar since I didn't really want to open that can of worms. (Some people get really pissy if you buff yourself and not them) So anyhow, we lose a member and gain an Acrotecher on the next run. I thought that this would free me up a bit to melee and offensive cast a bit more.

Wrong.

It became quickly apparent that the Acrotecher had no interest in support. So I'm still stuck in the role of support. Whatever, I like to support so it's no big deal. Except... I refuse to resta/reverser an Acrotecher who isn't doing their own fair share of the support. So the entire game I'm supporting my team who don't have their own Resta. Needless to say, the Acrotecher dies several times as it's apparently too much of a burden to even resta themselves. Of course, I use Moon atoms to revive them to keep them from going back to the lobby - but that's it.

After Maggas I get flooded with insults from my party for not supporting the Acrogimp and endangering the party, and then booted.

So it doesn't really matter which you chose, but know that if you show even the slightest inclination of support-minded behavior in your playstyle, you're still going to be pidgeonholed into support regardless of your class.

Good luck in whichever you choose.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

On 2008-01-25 18:37, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    It's like people in general have just resigned to the idea that Acrotecher is nothing more than a gimped meleer - "ForteWhipper" and look elsewhere for support.
    OOOOoooo. I feel all giddy, this is the second time I've seen someone use my Fortewhipper comment.

Accurate description is accurate.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!