Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

ok so we all know how great dambarta is, but Im a bit confused as to the others. Some of them especially are hard to use w/o the flinching, so can anyone tell me how they other dam spells can be used efefctivly/their pro's? ould be appreciated thanks (orry been posting alot of questions last few days started teching recently)

PS: damdiga looks like a megid spell o.o

edit: fixed title whoops

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silver_Wyrm on 2008-01-28 22:14 ]</font>
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

I thought they all flinched since aoti? Meh, i'm probably wrong there. In any case, their main advantage is obviously common SE application. I think dambarta is king of the dam spells (especially in single techer parties), but if you have two techers, then the other techer can use a different dam spell at the same time, and do some pretty nice damage over time (with SEs especially). Since one techer with high level dambarta can keep most things frozen most of the time at higher levels, another techer can come in and spread infection (dammegid) or poison (damdiga), without the enemies having much chance to respond.

It seems to me that while fortechers can do better damage with rods/dam spells, acrotechers can get close enough to enemies to use them (safely) more often, so it's tricky to say which class is better for using them.

Assuming the info on psupedia is right, dammegid has the best base damage, so if thats a factor for you it's a good choice. Since burn doesn't stack with poison or freeze (can't remember if it stacks with infect, don't think so?) it doesn't get along quite as well as the others do, although it's pretty decent by itself (that's more of a personal thing though, I happen to like flamethrowers.)

Not sure what else to say about them really... they obviously get easier to aim as they level and the aoe grows, but ra spells are still better for lot's of fast moving targets and the like.

Well, this is just what I've found while using them, I'm interested in what other people have to say about them myself.

er they all flinch likely , meant the push back dambarta causes making it harder for them to up and smack you
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

but the push back means you can no longer stand in place and cast dam spells on spell casting units without them getting pushed out of range, and you lose your area of effect, this is the same for most technics though =D. I tend to think of dam spells as more of a forte spell though, considering the casting speed of an acrotecher, it might be more fun to be using ra and gi. Also it seems that you should choose 1 or the other, if you have dam you pretty much can swap it for ra or gi and if you have ra and gi you probably won't use dam.
    Well, the reason I say that is because of the energy consumption of dam spells makes it pretty hard to use the hi energy gi spells at the same time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-01-29 09:47 ]</font>
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

They suck compared to Gi or Ra techs -> useless.

And they messed up Damdiga and Dammegid, yeah.

On 2008-01-29 09:51, Hrith wrote:
    They suck compared to Gi or Ra techs -> useless.

And they messed up Damdiga and Dammegid, yeah.
    Hmmm funny you give no basis for your argument. Have you even played fT? Have you ever even used a Dam- tech before? Because it sure as hell doesn't sound like it. Dam- techs all cause flinch now and are so stupidly powerful with them at 31 I can kill a group of 6+ enemies before they can even move from their spawn point. Vahra can't touch you, Damdiga can wipe out the entire group before they get a chance to attack. Plus with the STA nerf Damfoie and Dammegid are great for applying SE 4 on large enemies since not only do they flinch but they hit multiple enemies so its really easy to burn several all at once.

You seem to bash a lot of shit when you have never even tried it and then like to change your mind later when you actually give it a chance. So don't bash shit without any kind of explanation.

Dam techs have lower DPS than Gi and Ra versus 3 monsters, lower DPS than simple or Nosdiga versus 1 or 2.

And yeah, I have a FT, use real arguments instead of accusing others of being bad players.

Dam techs have awful radius, too.

Point me to something I have bashed in the past and then changed my mind, nub.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Pay no attention to Hrith.

I like the Dam techs as they hit multiple targets in front of you for good damage over a long period of time (up to 10 "ticks" at 31+). They also cause SEs at a good rate, interrupt creatures attacks and cause a bit of pushback. The pushback is a good thing if you are fighting something that CONSTANTLY charges you, such as Go Vahra or Badira. It can be a bit annoying against stationary creatures such as Olgohmon, but if you push them out of range all you have to do is move closer to them and re-establish the tech. These techs do require you to be stationary, so only use them when you're sure there are no other "dangers" around. They also suck down PP like a '76 Cadillac sucks down gas! Don't expect to get good "mileage" out of your wands/rods if you decide to use these techs often.

As with all other techs, the Dam- series is situational. Watch a FT dismantle a group of 6 Vahras using Damdiga and you'll understand it's power. They just keep jumping back into it! I also like using these techs when I have to make a quick escape; once you start the cast of these techs, you are only bound to finish them if you so desire. You can let 3-4 ticks go, then release the button and make a quick getaway if necessary. Much safer way to get multiple hits in than by using Diga or Foie (in certain situations). They are also great for "herding" creatures (like ollakas) so they don't get so spread out all over the place....

Eh, the more I type, the more I realize I can't really convey how valuable these techs are. I think I may be confusing more people than I'm helping. I suggest you buy one or two, try them out and see if you like them or not. Best used against small groups of creatures, groups of creatrues that CONSTANTLY rush you or groups of stationary creatrues. Can be useful for large creatures that aren't lightning or ice based (see: Svaltus, Zampavas, Drua Gora), but you'll see the biggest benefit of this spell vs. small to mid sized groups of creatrues that tend to either charge you or to stay in groups.

Pay no attention to people who are right is the best way to never improve, but I guess that is the majority of people, here.

Clode-mindedness is the solution to your ego issues, obv.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

On 2008-01-29 11:21, Hrith wrote:
    Pay no attention to people who are right is the best way to never improve, but I guess that is the majority of people, here.

Clode-mindedness is the solution to your ego issues, obv.
    You are not right. You provide no basis for your arguments and never do. Then you attack those who do provide some information for people. You use Gidiga vs. 4 Vahra and I'll use Damdiga. We'll see who kills them first.