Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

On 2008-02-12 08:19, panzer_unit wrote:
    Duranga IS better right from level 1 if you don't have a full set of lv21+ element grenades before picking it up. You're better off leveling Duranga from 1 than that 4th / 5th / 6th element.
    Maybe you didn't read:
    I have every elemental Grenade Launcher bullet over lvl 31
    I just said and defend in my first post that a good GL user should have all the elemental grenade bullets, and they do the work pretty well making duranga innecesary IF YOU HAVE THEM ALL OVER 31, no dragon stands that seizing much longer than stands duranga.

Realistically speaking, your Acrotecher buddy is NOT doing more damage than the damage difference between Duranga and element grenades. Dragons take full bullet and half melee damage so dealing an extra 150% of your ATP, at full strength, shot after shot without interruption, is gonna beat the pants off of some weaker guy with a weaker weapon pounding away for half damage on a high DFP target. Even compared to hits from the second move.
    Your data is pretty imprecise, even with the melee half guard, the sheer number of hits at full effect (so dragon target) a right whip can dispatch in the right hands (all JA'ed with a well built character) is nothing weak and makes for a pretty high DoT, which combined with the aforementioned elemental grenade (over 31 I insist) firing, I'm sure makes for a total DoT HIGHER than the same techer using just resta and the same gunner using just duranga.

That's assuming your -techer is an Acro instead of Gun or Forte, those guys don't have as strong a whip option even.
    Yeah, I assumed that since most, not all, MOST techers nowadays are acrotechers. Guntechers can Card/Twin Handgun -Head any dragon for decent damage, and fortetechers, well I won't argue with you there, but they can add some damage too.

If you're soloing, you know you can always take the crystals back outside and restock before the boss fight, if you're THAT desperate. I've had to do it all the time soloing in Desert Goliath (I'll get you one day, Rattlesnake...). And yeah, there's always Star Atomizers, Dimates, and even (GASP!) Monomates.
    Tetsaru I hope I'm not sinning in trusting you intelligent enough to assume people don't walk backwards to block 1, I just pointed out that the time difference between back-lobby-warping, buying, and returning; and the seconds saved for killing the boss very little faster; goes against duranga.

And finally, I think the OP request got fulfilled, so despite the fact that I'm very pleased exposing this with you or anyone else, if you don't want to see my points in my arguments, we shouldn't continue it here.

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.

Dakkon Blackblade, Beast Male (Level 150), FF 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Tor Wauki, Cast Male (Level 150), FG 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Marhault, Human Male (Level 150), MF 20/FT 20/AT 20 - PC/PS2, Online
    Frankie Peanuts, Cast Male (Level 150), GT 20/FI 20/AF 20 - PC/PS2, Online

On 2008-02-12 12:28, Mr_Confused wrote:
    On 2008-02-12 05:12, Yunfa wrote:
    Boma Duranga cost 99 frags. >
    no it doesnt its 50
    You know, 99 just didn't sound right... But, sticking to the AWESOME damage it does. It SHOULD be 99 frags; it's that awesome.

So, at max level, does Duranga have the capability to down a De Ragan and take the life of it's user at the same time? I'd like to see that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poignantswine on 2008-02-12 14:29 ]</font>

On 2008-02-12 13:59, Dakkon wrote:
    Maybe you didn't read:
    I have every elemental Grenade Launcher bullet over lvl 31
    I just said and defend in my first post that a good GL user should have all the elemental grenade bullets
    I read that, I just don't care what you did with your character. You're not presenting a good justification for learning all the elements except that you did it, which again doesn't matter at all to me.

Your data is pretty imprecise, even with the melee half guard, the sheer number of hits at full effect (so dragon target) a right whip can dispatch in the right hands (all JA'ed with a well built character) is nothing weak and makes for a pretty high DoT, which combined with the aforementioned elemental grenade (over 31 I insist) firing, I'm sure makes for a total DoT HIGHER than the same techer using just resta and the same gunner using just duranga.
    You're right my data was imprecise, the techer doesn't have to spend 100% of their time healing your dude... they could, for example, shoot you a resta between whip PA's which will save you a lot of trimate if not all of it. So it's Duranga + 90% of a techer's damage output vs element + 100% of a techer's damage output :
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

i use duranga at lvl 29 right now and when it was at lvl one it was doing more damge then my freeze at lvl 30 get duranga trimate are worth it when you level this bad boy up