Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm not entirely sure what this proves, asides from that they had intended to change more names than originally thought.

Looks more like a fan-translation than a prototype. PSIV originally had 3-D dungeons like PS1 did. So if it's a prototype, it's from very late in the development cycle.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Ryre!

Good thing they didn't stick with that. On the other hand, we also could've wound up with "Lewdy".

Sinue, I'm not certain that "prototype" is the right word for this. It's not an early build of the software, so much as an early build of the English-language script.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

That's a bit easier to accept. Though why that sort of thing was saved for posterity is a bit puzzling, as usually the "behind the scenes" stuff which is saved from the junkpile after production is work that was done in the design and pre-alpha phases to show how far the game had come. "The making of the localization of PSIV" just doesn't have the same impact.

As for Lewdy - a helluva name for a guy who refuses to go through other people's underwear drawers, and can barely form a cohesive sentence due to the embarassment of even the thought of Alys's knickers.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

You mean Ryre's knickers .

At least we know they intended to keep Fal's name intact O_o.

Even so, are you sure that's a prototype of anything at all? I know you posted a video, but that means absolutely nothing since PSIV has been so thoroughly hacked (and the documentation to hack it has been posted) that changing names and one or two lines of dialogue is a simple matter.

As I said, the forum rules come into play on this. You'll just have to trust me. Besides, when have I led any of you wrong?

You can elaborate on where they originate without explaining how to get them, Jon.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016