Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I started with Transer class when the GBR began. If it weren't for some of my PA's lacking some levels, I would probably use this class a lot more; I only have 1 Axe PA, and no Sword PA's. I'll have to alleviate that small problem sometime soon.

Having those EX traps really makes the game more enjoyable, for sure. Surely your partners will appreciate their uses.

Once you get past Levels 1-5, you'll have a great time with the class.

Protranser may start off weak, but it get's to be as durable as a Fighgunner at high Levels.

As for Ranged armaments, Shotguns and Lasers and Bows are top on the use list.

Shotgun- Get this weapon to Lv11 asap, the power output increases wildly, I recomend Ice, Shock, and Burn bullets. I say Ice because it's more "powerful" then a EX Freeze Trap, but it's not as effective in freezy. It's a supportive PA, just as Shock. Virus is too slow to work greatly now a days, so, Burn is much more effective. :3 Shotguns SE like mad, so, use the Easy to apply SEs.

Laser Cannons are your Hallway and linear kill pins. Though, a Laser Cannon can be used to SE now with the Aoti updates now making SEs posible on them. use Lasers for any reason really, it's effective most anywhere, atleast more so then the Grenader.

Bows are the Staple Gun in a PT Pallet, Bows are yor most effective 1-on-1 long range killer. Bows are slower then Rifles for TWO reasons, one, superb Stats, muuuch higher ATA. and two, they IGNORE DFP entirely, so, you can hit monsters with 100% your ATP, really useful on Zamvapas. The Bow is really useful, it can do 600+ damage PER HIT with proper attribute O.O

As for Melee, PT's behave like slightly lesser FF's, so, if you wanna use Melee on the PT, consider testing with the FF.
    Chars-
    Kitty Arika- Lv110+, Beast Fortefighter Lv20.
    Kitty Zelos- Lv100+, Beast Guntecher Lv20, Wartecher Lv20, Acrotecher [Rising]
    E-126 Omega- Lv120+, CAST Protranser Lv20, Fortegunner Lv20.
    Epsilon Hyral- Lv[Rising], CAST Fighgunner [Rising], Guntecher [Rising]

dc's right about Protranser's inventory problems if you try and bring equipment for EVERYTHING. Supposing it's not killer for your 60 slot inventory, wait until you try and ram it into your 6 slot weapon palette!

Once you know your mission(s) really well you can gear up with just what you need, your guns... a couple melee weapons for specific PA/element combinations... armor in one or two elements... done.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

PTs have the luxury of using bullets on enemies that are annoying to chase around, or are not worth blowing PP on: golormos, ageeta/bardia, distova. Don't forget that PT bullets are more likely to critical

they have the power of using JA and melee weapons on enemies that have high HP, or are bullet resisant

They can SEE traps - a nice bonus. And EX traps make difficult rooms a cake walk (in a party, that is). Soloing I tend to use them for fun, but the effect ends when you switch to a weapon, and of course the fire tick damage does not get applied - which is stupid.

As has been mentioned, their ATA is Fighter Centric, rather than gunner centric. This really affects some of thier best weapons (GL, and SG), so be prepared to equip a arm unit with hit. I suggest Solid/Knight.

The other BIG downer is armor. They can't use stormline or ganna line. That's ok, as delette line or cati line or other 9* armor will work. it's a shame because Ganna line adds 24 ATA.

remember you need to take the lead as PT or you wont get traps down in time and by that time fighgunners will have knocked everything clear across the map.

Why Do I Still Post Here? BahnKnakyu's Avatar

Oh yeah, panzer also made a good point. Put on your training wheels for the two halves of your class. I actually played fF on my Beast PT till I got him to a respectable level and focused ONLY on the PT-capable PAs (Sword, Axe, Spear, Knuckles) while leveling him up. I didn't do Fortegunner since guns aren't my main thing, but I imagine switching to fG and leveling your bullets up when you're low would also be a huge help to you.

Good luck.
    * 98% of people like to put character progress in their signatures. If you're one of the 2% who doesn't, put this in your signature.