Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Newmen Activist

Psu has my respect, but pso will always have my heart........and yea I'd play pso for nostalgic reasons.......so yea I guess
    I' am a "nostalgiafag" because I'd gladly bend over backwards if it meant getting that wonderful addiction feeling you once had back when you played pso with friends.

On 2008-02-27 15:21, Chuck_Norris wrote:
    On 2008-02-27 15:18, Akaimizu's sig wrote:
    http://home.att.net/~akaimizu/psowor...uarestory.html
    That's more dark red than pink. Go ahead and try lou's hair. It's impossible to do so without hacking.
    That's part in due to lighting. In more light it's like this:

As for character customization. I kind of like it in this game. You can do a lot with the face itself, even do a little facial structure adjustment within the limitations of the art style. I was able to craft a near perfect rendition of a sort-of anime-styled Billy Dee Williams. One of my first PSU creations, actually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-28 06:17 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Problem is, most people can't make respectable looking characters. Either the player is too young to understand aesthetically pleasing details or it's another gorram loli!! I'm sick of lolis.
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

I prefer PSU. It's easy to pick up and play. Theirs a couple of things to learn but the game isn't too hard to drive away people.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

pso i would have to say. sheerly for the fact that.....ya know what never mind it will just piss people off.

....its better more fun has better music atmosphere blah blah tl;wr

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

Exactly!

I'd go with PSU. Although I have many a fond memory from my PSO days on the Dreamcast, I defintaly like PSU better in terms of gameplay. An actual fleshed out story mode that didn't just make me want to play online, improved fighting system and detailed character customizations, which are always a big plus for me being as I'm an altaholic

People tend to forget the problems that PSO had, in light of fond memory.

1) Techers were useless except as restawhores and buffers in the Ultimate stages - unless they were a newearl or newman, had a (duped) Pwand with a proper set of Merges, were level 160 or higher, and their Ra-technics were 25-30. That's a helluva long string of qualifications there. It's a sad thing when the only way a FOmarl could stay competitive was to melee.

2) Three-quarters of the weapons you found were useless at best and looking for the good ones were a grind harder than any to be found in PSU - especially if you wanted, say, Hit % on them. The whole Club of Laconium/Dragon Slayer/DB's Saber/Diska of Braveman/etcetera...

3) The Section ID system was crappy - there were only 2 good ones, 3 OK ones, and 5 that were best left alone. Redria and Purplenum were the best; Whitill, Skyly, and Viridia were good for hard-to-get rares; Yellowboze was borderline; Greenil, Blueful, Pinkal, and Oran were trash. Fighting to get a character name to fit one of the IDs you need was a nightmare before the ID calculators and a pain in the ass afterwards - I had to name one of my characters something ridiculous like AtMA_W3ap0N with a space in order to get Skyly instead of other, useless IDs. What kind of game is it that prevents you from naming your bloody character what you WANT to name it?

4) NOTHING was Server-side - it was all client-side. Fun for offline, yes, but it was IMPOSSIBLE to stop cheating in any significant way. Their first attempt, the double-save, only made things worse because all it did was double the chances of corrupting your character. Blue Burst was an attempt to fix it... and how well did THAT work out?

5) Most of the weapons were useless. I loved my Asuka, but Twin Swords were suck and blow at the same time. Ditto daggers, unless you had something ridiculous like the Lavis kind - and even then, you should just morph it to a Double Cannon. Wands? Who the hell used them except for the Moon one that boosted all the Gi-technics?

Don't get me wrong, I loved PSO. But PSU is its superior in every way (except that until recently finding ANY s-rank was a grind comparable to finding a Guld or Milla!). PSU is just plain fun to play; if you get tired of one given weapon or photon art or whatever you can switch to another without making your teammates go, "What the hell are you using THAT one for?" instead of being stuck with the Double Saber/Longsword/Partisan.

If you want to play a techer you aren't limited to restawhorage and jellen/zalure. If you want to play a ranger you can be static or mobile or DPS or whatever you want, instead of being stuck with Bringer's Rifle/Spread Needle/ or w/e else.

What I'd like to see is the variety in looks that PSO had, and the weapon system of PSU; and it seems as though we're finally achieving that state. Even if we don't get big variety in looks, we have huge variety in PAs.

I'd also love to see Challenge Mode; that's the one thing I authentically miss from PSO.

Don't let the sweet mists of nostalgia blind you, please. PSO was fun, but it's 9 years old now, rooted in a time when Diablo was the main competition. It was deeply flawed, and while PSU has its flaws they are not as deep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2008-02-29 15:18 ]</font>

its so disappointing seeing everyone compare PSO with PSU because then the ones who like PSU try to pick at PSO and thats just disappointing and you guys are full of it.

its like being an Indian watching someone throw an empty soda can out onto the street.

PSO was good, personally PSU does not deliver and is a really big mess with how everything is put up, like earth element dragons shooting zonde and its all bullshit.

Unlike PSO where everything was put in its rightful place at the right time (some of you may not agree with some good points but PSU is just so terribly put together, im sorry but it is and that is my honest thought as a video game player and not a PSO fan).

There is so much i could say about how badly PSU is but the whole thought of it having the PS name prevents me from abandoning this game easily even if this game in a sence desecrates the PSU name. Imo its not worth having this name but whatever, its just a matter of too little too late. PS2 is last gen meaning its garbage so yeah.