Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A 360 owner was collecting signatures on his 360. Signatures from people that worked at microsoft, rooster teeth etc. His 360 was a launch one and it broke down. He sent it in and microsoft wiped off the case lol. Full story plus pics of signatures/artwork in the link.

Link

Sucks for the guy though, he was assured it would be alright.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2008-02-29 10:01 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

That does suck...but he was stupid. Don't send out your priceless 360 so some slack-jawed assembly line worker can jack it up. I'm sure MS has some kind of guideline about the condition of the outgoing units. The guy that cleaned the case was probably just doing his job and never saw the letter.

Perhaps... but it still sucks for the guy who lost it all.

They don't wipe it off, they send you a completely different 360. That's how the program works.

1) Keep the original case at home, and take the new one around with him and have stuff put on it with his travels.
    2) Take the original with him, keep adding to it.(And eventually if he so desired, look into getting the original case put properly on the new 360)

I'd have never sent that case out, thats just asking for trouble. Just because the tech on the phone said it would be ok doesn't mean anything, thats no assurance. He doesn't know the people who repair the units, he can't vouch for them. The letter, also meaningless.

My nephews sent their 360 in for repairs, it had a disc in the drive. They could'nt get the system to turn ON to get the disc out; and when they got the system back the disc was gone. Case in point: Thieves are thieves, even at MS. Most likely someone took that case cover and ran, as I don't think they'd take the time to properly clean off permanent marker(and if there were any smudges on the console, it'd be towards the center where that massive Master Chief drawing was).

It does suck, but thats just how it goes anymore.
    Look, he did it again.

They send you a new 360. They wouldn't go through the hassle of washing the case anyway.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original case ended up on eBay at some point.

*Laughs* Microsoft.
    Reason not to CCF. Bored of listening to MP3s?

Code:
    We don't compromise. You shouldn't either. If guns kill people, then...
    -Pencils miss spel words. -Cars make people drive drunk. -Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

On 2008-02-29 11:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
    1) Keep the original case at home, and take the new one around with him and have stuff put on it with his travels.
    2) Take the original with him, keep adding to it.(And eventually if he so desired, look into getting the original case put properly on the new 360)

I'd have never sent that case out, thats just asking for trouble. Just because the tech on the phone said it would be ok doesn't mean anything, thats no assurance. He doesn't know the people who repair the units, he can't vouch for them. The letter, also meaningless.

My nephews sent their 360 in for repairs, it had a disc in the drive. They could'nt get the system to turn ON to get the disc out; and when they got the system back the disc was gone. Case in point: Thieves are thieves, even at MS. Most likely someone took that case cover and ran, as I don't think they'd take the time to properly clean off permanent marker(and if there were any smudges on the console, it'd be towards the center where that massive Master Chief drawing was).

It does suck, but thats just how it goes anymore.
    They explicitly warn you that any peripherals/discs/ sent with the unit will not be returned. You should have just pulled the tray open.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

moral of the story, never look at autographs/signatures as anything of value.