The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

I realize its PSO-W policy not to mention names, but in the case of a suspected scammer I think I need to warn people. There is a player named ------, who is going around to multiple player shops and telling them that the 'administrator Ron has sent him to investigate a grinder duplication glitch', and since I happen to be selling a large quantity of them that I was to be suspended a minimum of 72 hours, and if found guilty of abusing this glitch then I would be permanently banned from PSU. Im fairly confident that this is a hoax, for multiple reasons. Firstly, before he said any of this, he came into my room and bought 2 of the grinders. When I looked at his money he did not have enough to buy any more than that. Secondly, a competitor of my shop came in and asked me not to undercut him for at least a few minutes so that his things would sell, so I told him about this ------ person and he said that the same guy went in his room and asked him to lower his prices by a substantial amount, and up refusing, my competitor was also threatened that he would be banned because he was a 'scamming noob'. As I said before, I believe this to be some sort of scare tactic for people to lower prices on grinders or maybe to stop buying/selling them altogether. When I went into ------ room, I asked him for proof that he was any type of authority figure, and he responded by saying 'I do have authority, dont question it if you want to continue to be allowed to play PSU.' and then he blacklisted me. Again, be on the lookout, and dont fall for such lowlife trickery, Sega has already issued punishment for abusing the glitch, and it is in no violation of the Terms of Use for PSU that you cannot buy and resell items in player shops.

Mod Edit: Do not post player names. This message can be just as easily understood without them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2008-03-05 08:29 ]</font>
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

On a related note, isnt there some kind of link to a page where I can report behavior like this? Its written clearly in the terms of use AND in the Code of Conduct that you are not allowed to impersonate another player or member of the game staff, so does anyone have the link where you report scammers to Sega?
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

here you go http://phantasystaruniverse.com/support_contact.php

As well look for them on your recent player list and submit a player review for them, if Sega doesn't do anything hopefully MS will

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkEliteRico on 2008-03-05 06:57 ]</font>
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

True authority figures don't need to make housecalls, and in the rare occasions you do see them in person they have blue names.

Honestly, there is no way for anyone with administration/mod power to act like that. If they were caught doing so, they would likely be demodded and fired. Again, as Sekani said, the PSU mods/admins will have blue name text.

Just use your best judgement in situations like these. No real authority figure would threaten banning you. They either do (with signifficant data as proof), or they don't.