Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

And here I am sitting in Louisville, KY getting woken up by the thing at 5:39am. An earthquake this far east? Seems the New Madrid fault isn't dead after all.

The apocalypse is near o_O;;

Nobody ever said New Madrid was dead. We've had three or four earthquakes that I remember in the last 20 years. Usually nothing major. The thing is, since most of this region is relatively solid, even a minor quake can be felt for hundreds of miles.

I had just warped into the boss room on White Beast when it hit. Took me a second to figure out just what the fuck was going on since I was expecting a storm today/tomorrow anyhow, and since my house sits on a hill we get a lot of house-shaking strong winds. Nothing that bad though. By the time I made it outside it was already over.

Northern Indiana here. Saw on the South Bend news that they had reports of people feeling it from as far north as Kalamazoo Michigan, possibly further.

Edit: According to the Associated Press, it rocked people awake as far north as Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 350 miles away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-04-18 04:00 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

People felt it in Tennessee too. I think a lot of people (around here, anyway) thought the fault was dead simply because it's not as active as the more famous Pacific Ring of Fire region, but it's definitely kicking and has the potential to deliver a 7.0-8.0 event.

Ties for the biggest earthquake event in the region, for now.

You guys should come to California, earthquakes are part of life

I haven't felt an earthquake in a while, unless so many small ones happen that I just ignore them. Good ol' CA, Earthquakes, Wildfires, Land Slides, Possible Tsunamis, possible Volcanoes. As soon as I"m done with my BA I'm moving as far away as possible.

woooo I found a dollar

o.o weather is getting wierd isnt it? is an earth quack weather?

Huh. I live in Illinois and didn't feel anything but my cat attacking my feet last night. Then again, maybe it is because I am in NE Illinois.

Edit: Just read the rest of the report. That is so odd! Why didn't I feel it? O_o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2008-04-18 11:49 ]</font>

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Earthquakes are scary especially if it gets a magnitude of 6.5 or higher because that's when you will most likely get a body count.

But living in California, you kind of grow numb of earthquakes because it happens alot here, sometimes you don't even feel them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vanzazikon on 2008-04-18 11:53 ]</font>

I'm in Iowa and people felt it here, too.

Maybe that is why I was unable to sleep too well last night (apart from being on AIM until 2:00 ). Idaknow. I didn't feel anything, but it was a very uncomfortable sleep.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe