Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I know that it's probably a silly question to be asking in a forum that is packed with fans of the game, but i'm still not totally convinced by it. I downloaded the free Xbox live demo, and while I enjoy the brief gameplay i've seen so far, i'm just not fully convinced to pay the fee to get the full version.

So rather than play it on the Xbox, i'm considering the PC version. When I play RPG's online, I not only like to see good gameplay, but also a good community, one where I can actually take time out from endless grinding and talk to people and NOT be bored. This is obviously difficult on the Xbox 360 since you have to type everything in via the keypad with your controller.

So ruling out the Xbox: is it worth getting Phantasy Star Universe for the PC?

If so, tell me what good things I can expect. =D

Welcome to the community. The overall gameplay is the same. So play whichever version you like. Make friends here so you can get some help in game. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Thanks for the welcome. I'd like to say that i'm a veteran, but i'd be lying; i've only ever extensively played Phantasy Star Online for the GC, and had a character up to about level 100... that was OFFLINE though. xD

Gameplay aside, perhaps you could tell me if people are at all social in game? Or if it's just a huge grindfest. =P Some of my best MMORPG memories are sitting in lobbys or main cities and chatting away. =P

It really depends on what your doing in the game. Most people who run missions generally talk during them, of course I play on the 360 so everyone I know has a headset. Also, you can always hook up a keyboard to your 360 if you want to type. The community however (Most of the time) people are pretty cool.

I thought about hooking up a keyboard, but then there's the problem of me posting messages in seconds and having to wait for a reply, which usually takes a while.

From what I gather in the demo, most of the chat involves random spamming of preset phrases, or: "Hello" "Want to do a run?" Or something along those lines. I understand there's the headset, but that involves having to be in a party. The ability to have a reasonable conversation with someone at any time is always a bonus in my books.

The Xbox demo is not like the real game at all... the real game is a hundred times better on either server. U cant go wrong with either server. If u want a larger community go with xbox, If u like a smaller community go with the PS2/PC server.
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

On 360 we have headsets that you can talk in you don't have to type anything if you don't want to...... we have a huge community. pc/ps2 has alot of people on these forums but they always say that there is no one on those servers anymore........
    The Legendary Newman... Fresh Lvl. 140 FT/AT:20

Beware though, the 360 community has many 9 year old pre pubescent immature asses

On 360 we have headsets that you can talk in you don't have to type anything if you don't want to...... we have a huge community. pc/ps2 has alot of people on these forums but they always say that there is no one on those servers anymore........
    Like I said though, the headsets are only useful in a party, so there's little public interaction, if you know what I mean?

And while a community could be large, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a very good community. Which would you say has a better quality of player, personality-wise? XBox or PC/PS2?

I'm on PC/PS2, meaning it's better. lol jk

Anyways, it'd still be nice to see the PC/PS2 side grow, even with individuals. Both sides are good, both sides have disadvantages and advantages in general.
    It's yur choice, though I'd prefer you to come to PC/PS2 anyways.

edit:
    Advantages I know of for PC/PS2:
    - You can take screenshots
    - You probably from your view can communicate better on PC
    - You can do other things on the PC while playing easily, like sufring the internet and other stuff

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-04-22 07:09 ]</font>