Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey this ia my 1st time trying a gun type. so my question is what's better Mayalee Shot or Killer shot for the rife

I'd say the elemental bullets, since the update tomorrow increases their attack and accuracy, along with getting knockdown at 31+. Killer Shot is useful when soloing, as long as you don't mind recharging for a fortune, or using 1-2* rifles.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

I strongly suggest all the elementals and killer shot.

On 2008-04-24 22:08, GoldenFalcon wrote:
    I'd say the elemental bullets, since the update tomorrow increases their attack and accuracy, along with getting knockdown at 31+. Killer Shot is useful when soloing, as long as you don't mind recharging for a fortune, or using 1-2* rifles.
    elemental bullets huh i guess i'll use the then.... are the frag pa get an increase 2?

also is the twin hand elemental bullets good too or should i get the frag ones

Killer shot is getting a cost reduction, and I'd suggest elemental bullets for Twin Handguns also.
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Notice how no one says anything about Mayalee?

On 2008-04-24 22:13, DISCO wrote:
    This.

However, if you're trying to conserve on PA space, I say you can never go wrong with Frozen Shot; Lv4 Freeze will stop just about anything in its tracks. Or, if you're wanting more damage, go with either Burning Shot or Dark Shot. Or, just pick whichever element or status effect you like most.

While Mayalee Shot has the highest damage % modifier compared to the other rifle bullets, it has no element and the sleep status effect is pretty much worthless; as soon as another attack hits your target, it'll wake up. =/

Killer Shot is a must, though. A lot of the levels that contain the rare gun weapons also are filled with robots, and Killer Shot will make quick work of them. Just be aware that KS has a very high PP cost, so I'd recommend the use of Mizurakihohs or other Yohmei rifles, a Bullet Save unit, and plenty of Photon Charges.

If you're going into a gunner class though, don't rely ONLY on rifles. Check out the other gun weapons too; they each have their own uses.

Finally: be prepared for SLOOOOOW bullet leveling... at least, until that update gets here. =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Get all elements for Rifle bullet; Rifle will get upgraded in the elemental damage and knockdown, so you might as well get them. You can wait until the PA leveling update so that you can level them up a bit faster.

As for twin handgun, get whichever elements you will be using often and go with that.

You can start out with leveling some bullets to 11+ or wait until the PA leveling update.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

On 2008-04-24 22:34, Tetsaru wrote:
    On 2008-04-24 22:13, DISCO wrote:
    This.

However, if you're trying to conserve on PA space, I say you can never go wrong with Frozen Shot; Lv4 Freeze will stop just about anything in its tracks. Or, if you're wanting more damage, go with either Burning Shot or Dark Shot. Or, just pick whichever element or status effect you like most.

While Mayalee Shot has the highest damage % modifier compared to the other rifle bullets, it has no element and the sleep status effect is pretty much worthless; as soon as another attack hits your target, it'll wake up. =/

Killer Shot is a must, though. A lot of the levels that contain the rare gun weapons also are filled with robots, and Killer Shot will make quick work of them. Just be aware that KS has a very high PP cost, so I'd recommend the use of Mizurakihohs or other Yohmei rifles, a Bullet Save unit, and plenty of Photon Charges.

If you're going into a gunner class though, don't rely ONLY on rifles. Check out the other gun weapons too; they each have their own uses.

Finally: be prepared for SLOOOOOW bullet leveling... at least, until that update gets here. =/
    Thanks this really help. and yea trying to conserve on PA space. im max out all classes with this char so i'll have to be as limited as possible. im going to go with the ice and killer shot bullets.

im using twin hand guns 2. not sure what bullet to use with them.

and shotguns. What would be a good bullet for that?