View Poll Results: But I think MAG will be the death of 360s,since the 360 cant take that much play time without it mel

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will at some point

6 15.38%
  • what?! 360s arent that bad

20 51.28%
  • thus proving PC/ps2>360

13 33.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

On 2008-05-01 13:33, landman wrote:
    The only time I've ad to send my xbox for reparations was because it's DVD driver lens broke, never had a red ring of those since launch
    same thing with mine
    anything i put in my 360 it would see it as a Blue Ray Disc for some reason.....i could play CDs for some reason....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

My 360 is over a year old and between me and my brothers its on over 12 hours every day.

It seems like the 360 has such a low failure rate is because the people that are happy with it don't care to share with the world.

While the people who have had their 360 die want to let the all of the internet know that it did.

On 2008-05-01 13:34, Charger89 wrote:
    On 2008-05-01 13:23, Atomic646 wrote:
    ah. I know I should for the sake of the 360 & the environment. lol. but I wanna stay in universe 1. LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atomic646 on 2008-05-01 13:24 ]</font>
    i kno ur electric bill is high
    or if not urs...ur parents
    3 Quarters of the electic bill is my room between 11 speakers and a powered sub, t.v. ect... its actually isn't.

Cast/M, 150
    Beast/F, 86
    Newman/M, 110
    Beast/M, 101

Taking A Break From PSU

I have opened my box and cleaned the fans and now its standing under my tv totaly open. So i can see everything inside it while playing. Mainly because it started to overheat awhile ago. But I have had my xbox from release day. And it have been on nearly every day, and many times been on for many days without any break. And so far its working nearly perfect. Just that it has overheating problems now as its summer here and pretty warm in the air. So no cold air to cool it down with.

A tips: Everyone with an xbox that have worked for along time should consider opening it and do some fixing and modify it so it can take more heat. Simply cut the top of the xbox infront of the fan so it pulls more air into the xbox. This can be done pretty easy and can still look cool if you put some work into it Make it look like a car hood or something. Haha. Well. It have worked for me atleast

i'll do that when i ever i get a another 360 just to toy with......i dont wanna mess my spare one. (its brand new)

So that's how that red ring wizardry happens?

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

if u go to page 2 of this someone explained how it worked....i forgot the name of the person tho

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charger89 on 2008-05-01 14:47 ]</font>

On 2008-05-01 13:26, Cracka_J wrote:
    I'm surprised most of you guys talking about rrod don't actually know what it is...

Yes, it has to do with overheating, but what mainly happens is the video card overheats, and causes it to unsolder at certain points. The system can no longer communicate with the vid card, so bam, you got red ring. It's not a virus, hack, or anything of the like...it's your video card literally being disconnected from the rest of the hardware, or just plain fried.

Certain 3rd parties make intercoolers and the like to *help* prevent this issue from happening, although I have no idea how well they work.

I would *bet* if Tidus has that much time to devote toward winning this kill competition, he's taking no second guesses with a red ring. He's got another sealed 360 from best buy sitting right there with a receipt on top. If no red ring, refund. If red ring, he can still win & resell the new box.

That is, unless microsoft binds xbl to your particular 360...I don't think they do, so it would be technically possible for him to hop on another 360 if he got red ring. If they don't allow that, then I guess you can toss that theory out the window
    There,if you wanna know how it works. Unsolder is a short way to explain that the metal thats melted together to hold the parts together,melt because of the intense heat and stop holding together

Oh, that's what I figured. When my folks got my PS3, they said the guy told them that you pretty much have to buy the cooling fan attachment. Doesn't the 360 have something like that, or does it not help?

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

On 2008-05-01 13:32, Charger89 wrote:

there were rumors that said that 3rd party coolers actaully made RROD occur quicker...i cant say if thats true or not....

I'm not sayin i would but for those who would know what there doing, couldnt they open the xbox 360 up and get a soldering iron and "Solder" back together....i know how to solder but to a certain point...but i wouldnt open mine....<<<Wants to keep warranty