View Poll Results: I'm a Bow guy myself, they will always hold a special place in my heart. (Although a little more ra

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Longbow

29 38.67%
  • Rifle

46 61.33%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

I'm a Bow guy myself, they will always hold a special place in my heart. (Although a little more range on both of them would be nice).

Once Tenora Bows are released we are sure to see some high damage pop up. Best damage ive seen my (6* 10/10 GRM) Bow hit was: 1600+. But i was only lvl 120 last time i used it. And only Human...

Any good Rilfe joys? (Other than "ks" plz).

Element bullets on Rifle is really good now seeing as they also come with knockdown effect on lv 31+.
    This really makes Rifle more useful atm
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Tenora bows... o dear.
    Valium makes your soul get higher and enables faking fire... Queen bees lose to wasps, ritalin filled debutante, when you don’t like what you see hiding’s easy in a SUV. Schizophrenic photogenic, psychogenic hallucinogenic, manic depressive aggressive, psycho wards are so possessive, attention deficit disorder, hand held cassette recorder x_x

Knockdown?

On 2008-05-03 02:03, ashley50 wrote:
    Knockdown?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knockdown

knock·down Audio Help /ˈnɒkˌdaʊn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nok-doun] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. capable of knocking something down; overwhelming; irresistible: a knockdown blow.
    2. constructed in separate parts that can readily be taken apart for easy storage, shipping, etc.: a knockdown toolshed.
    3. offered or acquired for less than the prevailing rate: first-rate goods at knockdown prices.
    –noun
    4. a knockdown object.
    5. an act or instance of knocking down, esp. by a blow.
    6. something that fells or overwhelms.
    7. reduction or lowering, as in price or number: The store offered a knockdown of 15 percent to its own employees.
    8. Slang. an introduction, esp. to a person: He gave me a real knockdown to the company.
    9. Nautical. the capsizing of a small boat as a result of a strong gust of wind.

Basically, it means knocking down something.

On 2008-05-03 02:06, Retehi wrote:
    On 2008-05-03 02:03, ashley50 wrote:
    Knockdown?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/knockdown

knock·down Audio Help /ˈnɒkˌdaʊn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nok-doun] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective
    1. capable of knocking something down; overwhelming; irresistible: a knockdown blow.
    2. constructed in separate parts that can readily be taken apart for easy storage, shipping, etc.: a knockdown toolshed.
    3. offered or acquired for less than the prevailing rate: first-rate goods at knockdown prices.
    –noun
    4. a knockdown object.
    5. an act or instance of knocking down, esp. by a blow.
    6. something that fells or overwhelms.
    7. reduction or lowering, as in price or number: The store offered a knockdown of 15 percent to its own employees.
    8. Slang. an introduction, esp. to a person: He gave me a real knockdown to the company.
    9. Nautical. the capsizing of a small boat as a result of a strong gust of wind.

Basically, it means knocking down something.
    PWNED

I like and prefer the Bows more but there no longer as good as they once were ever since Rifle's got their boost. Hopefully they will upgrade the bows a bit more or give it something to give an edge to be comparable with Rifles.

I don't mean to start a flame war here, but bows are redundant, imo. They're essentially rifles for forces, and seeing how forces currently have considerably less weapon choices than melee users and gun users (rods, wands, and tech-mags... a whopping 3 tech weapons =/), it makes me believe the weapon type was just thrown in as a half-assed form of balance. I think Sonic Team should have varied the two weapon types more. =/

Anyway, I'd choose a rifle over a bow any day, for the following reasons:

1. Rifles shoot faster than bows.
    2. Rifles fire the instant you press the attack button. With bows, you have that annoying delay.
    3. Lv31+ rifle bullets get knockdown. Bows don't.
    4. The ultimate bow PA's both suck. How many people can honestly say that they use them on a regular basis? Mayalee Shot isn't much better, but at least Killer Shot has a use.
    5. Iirc, when Gunmaster comes out, Lv41+ rifle bullets will get Lv5 SE's. Currently, there is no class that can use bow bullets past Lv40, as well as no other PA's that get Lv5 SE's.

However, if I'm playing PT or any other non-FG class, I'll go ahead and equip a bow, if I'm able. Gotta have me a good long-range weapon. :3

Finally, what's this about Tenora bows?? I've heard nothing of them...

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

I love the look of bows. I mean I wont go AT with my FT even tho I want to be souly support because I like to use a bow. However, rifles are much better. I mean come on, there's knockdown, they fire faster...
    Click On Banner

The only reason the bow PAs suck is because sonic team felt the need to tack a delay on them.

Keep in mind, also, that bows level faster than rifles.

however, the only class with access to both is guntecher, so there's little point in comparing them.