Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartecher

On 2008-05-05 11:19, Minamo wrote:
    Newman WT is no good for me. If I want to use melee, why not use a beast? If I want to use techniques, being a FT (later the MF) is enough.
    If you want to use melee why not use a beast? If you want to use techniques, being a FT (later the MF( is enough?
    If you want to use melee, why not use a beast and be either a fighter class that has more ATA and DOESN'T use techs. A beast WT in my opinion would just be really good at Melee, so much so, that techs would be practically useless is almost every situation. I find that my newman does about an equal amount of efficient damage with melee AND techs. Plus... being able to heal my health formidably is a big plus.

Well the reason I gave up WT before the expansion was I heard their support went from the second best to the worst. I think the issues of accuracy are not that big since we use some of the most accurate pa's and weapons in the game. Daggers and claws are pretty accurate weapons to begin with. I am thinking of moving back to WT because of a few reasons, I used to love Knuckles and well I found out the Hons could only be used by beast and was sad so I never touched knuckles again. I wish I could afford the 50% bear claws but I might have to give up to much to do that. I think I may have enough for possibly two sets, I could sell my 4-10 50% blackheart and my 50% lightning stormline which combined I would probably get around of stack of money for. I think I can get about 55 for the blackheart and maybe 45 for the stormline. I got some double sabers I could get rid of as well but I may hold on to those for fighmaster. To bad those stupid bear claws are going for so much. I think I might invest in a light and a ground set though. Anyone else like claws. Oh and I need some more daggers but nobody is going to run Her Secret Mission to get the 12 star daggers with me, they are going for quite a bit on the 360 servers. My question is should I wait on bear claws or just try and get a set now, I used to love claws but now I have to lvl the pa's up all over again because I deleted them prior to the expansion. Please help me with WT because I have been out of the game for a while. I probably will be using claws and knuckles the most since they are practically the only cool s-ranks WT gets.

Despite accuracy being not so big of an issue to you, you could still potentially be better as any other fighter. You're like an Assault Rifle carrying a slingshot in your back pocket, JUST IN CASE, you find a situation that seems suitable for it...
    The only advantage I could see would be heals. Because you can buff for the same as an item... and even your heals wouldn't be so great because you have SO MUCH HP combined with below average TP limited to lvl.20 Support.
    I'm not saying it couldn't be done, I'm just saying you would be so much more efficient as other fighter classes. The only beast techer-type I approve of is Acrotecher...

I was planning on possibly switching to WT for when they get 30 support, do we know when this will be, after MAG possibly.

According to what Ryna thinks... and according to how JP got it. They got that update the SAME time the Master classes will be released...

Yeah they are only getting it in my opinion because of the simple fact that AT would out damage them in every aspect then, both melee and tech since their buffs allow them to make up the ground as far as melee goes. I like the weapons that WT has but I think they deserve one PA over 30, every other class gets one, AT will have 50 buffs which almost destroys WT. I really think 40 skills should be the next move after 30 buffs, I mean it would really seperate WT and AT then for good. I just feel WT got the shaft once the expansion hit, AT is faster so they dont need lvl 40 techs, WT needs lvl 40 skills to make up for that extra speed AT has. I just dont understand why lvl 40 skills is not in order for WT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dc534 on 2008-05-05 18:06 ]</font>

On 2008-05-05 18:00, dc534 wrote:
    Yeah they are only getting it in my opinion because of the simple fact that AT would out damage them in every aspect then, both melee and tech since their buffs allow them to make up the ground as far as melee goes. I like the weapons that WT has but I think they deserve one PA over 30, every other class gets one, AT will have 50 buffs which almost destroys WT. I really think 40 skills should be the next move after 30 buffs, I mean it would really seperate WT and AT then for good. I just feel WT got the shaft once the expansion hit, AT is
    Well the PA additions that will be coming out with Master Classes are the following:
    Wartecher: Lvl.30 Support Techs
    Guntecher: Lvl.30 Attack Techs
    Acrotecher: Lvl.50 Support Techs
    Fortetecher: Lvl.40 Support Techs

On 2008-05-05 16:11, MegamanX wrote:
    Despite accuracy being not so big of an issue to you, you could still potentially be better as any other fighter. You're like an Assault Rifle carrying a slingshot in your back pocket, JUST IN CASE, you find a situation that seems suitable for it...
    The only advantage I could see would be heals.
    Heals? What? Do you mean Trimate or Star Atomizer? I pack Giresta/Reverser on a tech mag for the regen buff, and those rare encounters where a full-time nurse pays off.

WT are really too busy beating crap up to be a reliable healer.

While WT aren't a top-tier fighter, they're not that much worse than Fighgunner either... they get S-ranks on two awesome weapon classes that FI doesn't, and I don't see anyone else packing a whip for crowds.

In exchange for trading off a bit of their fighter side they get:
    Bows for boss fights
    Cards for shooting on the move
    Techs are a better secondary damage type than guns, a lot of monsters that resist melee damage also resist bullets.
    Megid, in addition to the general goodness of attack techs.
    High TP for RCSM
    High MST

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-06 07:15 ]</font>

I just want to see WT get 1 pa over 30. I mean WT is still a decent class all around. So what do you think should I just wait until after Jaggo Sonichi are released to buy a set of bear claws, because I dont want to spend 50+mil on a weapon that is going to become as avaliable as the ank Dedda is. I also agree with why does WT not get the single version of the S-Rank Claws since they already can use Twins why not Singles. They gave GT another S-Rank why not give WT another one now.

On 2008-05-06 07:12, panzer_unit wrote:
    Heals? What? Do you mean Trimate or Star Atomizer? I pack Giresta/Reverser on a tech mag for the regen buff, and those rare encounters where a full-time nurse pays off.

WT are really too busy beating crap up to be a reliable healer.

While WT aren't a top-tier fighter, they're not that much worse than Fighgunner either... they get S-ranks on two awesome weapon classes that FI doesn't, and I don't see anyone else packing a whip for crowds.

In exchange for trading off a bit of their fighter side they get:
    Bows for boss fights
    Cards for shooting on the move
    Techs are a better secondary damage type than guns, a lot of monsters that resist melee damage also resist bullets.
    Megid, in addition to the general goodness of attack techs.
    High TP for RCSM
    High MST

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-06 07:15 ]</font>
    Well, I did state that I wasn't saying beast WT couldn't be done. I'm just saying that a Beast would be more efficient as ANY other fighter type overall. The variety that you gain as a WT simply depreciates an entire aspect of the WT's potential (the Attack techs) and it's slightly more difficult to hit enemies often compared to the other fighter classes.

And about the heals, notice I said the only decent benefit I see from a beast WT would be the ability to heal with techniques... HOWEVER, I personally would prefer being a non-tech fighter using items to have more weapon strength and/or variety to better utilize the stats I am already good at. However, as a newman WT, I definitely heal more often than most other techers I play with... I even heal well as a Beast Guntecher (only doing for GM at the moment...), so my philosophy on teching... if you CAN heal and someone needs it, attempt to help >_>