Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Luck DOES NOT affect boss boxes...

All luck affects is:
    - Grinding
    - Drop-anything rates. You may have noticed monsters don't always drop an item. This is because they have a drop-anything rate (it was the same in PSO). For example, if a monster's DAR is 40%, then there is a 60% chance it won't drop anything. Having a higher amount of luck increases the DAR. Again, for example, Lv3 luck might give an extra 10-15% to that rate, making items in general, NOT just rares drop more.

For boss boxes, DAR does not apply. Boss boxes ALWAYS contain an item, whether it's a Berry, a Note Seed, or [insert flashy item here]. Since the DAR is already 100%, it can't be improved any more and it consequently not affected by luck increases.

jayster, your experience is just luck. (personal luck, not in-game luck). While you have that argument, I've found:
    - 3 Rattlesnakes on 0 luck
    - 4 Orpad / Guards on 0-1 luck
    - 7 Tesbras on 0-1 luck (from TD S2 before anyone assumes it's Falz)

Basically, if you're hunting a rare that drops from a monster, having higher luck will be a benefit (though not a huge one, as a lot of people know). If you're hunting a boss drop, it doesn't matter what your luck is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-05-11 14:11 ]</font>

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Now if I could just get a god damned S-rank armor.

Can't even solo Plains Overlord S2 to get the board for a dinky Storm Line, and Shinowa Lines are nowhere to be found. Ugh. Sucks so hard having it just sitting in storage with no way to use it.

How people get tens of millions to buy armor in this game is beyond me. The funny part is that I actually have to DOWNGRADE my armor to equip Paradi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragna_Divide on 2008-05-11 14:14 ]</font>

Just found myself a Paradi Cataract on my first C run.

Like Ragna, I don't own any S rank armors. I can afford a board, but lack the 30 polymers. Sure, I can afford those too, but ugh.. Way too much meseta. Also, Shinowa Lines are much more common these days Ragna thanks to MAG.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

out of interest what does the actual p. cataract drop look like? is it green like a room decoration or blue like a trimate or a shield shape like armours??

It is a orange shield shape.

Edit: Added a pic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OmgHi on 2008-05-11 15:01 ]</font>

show off hehe

Also, Shinowa Lines are much more common these days Ragna thanks to MAG.
    If by "common" you mean "none have been up for sale, board or line itself, for four days in a row", then sure. >_>

Anyone have advice for where one could hunt ideally solo for a Storm Line once I level up some more?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragna_Divide on 2008-05-11 15:14 ]</font>

On 2008-05-11 15:09, Ragna_Divide wrote:
    Also, Shinowa Lines are much more common these days Ragna thanks to MAG.
    If by "common" you mean "none have been up for sale, board or line itself, for four days in a row", then sure. >_>

Anyone have advice for where one could hunt ideally solo for a Storm Line once I level up some more?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ragna_Divide on 2008-05-11 15:14 ]</font>
    What server are you on anyway, I bought 10 boards for under 100k on the 360 servers
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraMKIV View Post
    Oh wow! I'm lucky my xbox RROD'ed...Thanks MS, you saved me from the rollback.
    I hear ya! THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

On 2008-05-10 21:55, youthisoverrated wrote:
    On 2008-05-10 21:52, TUSCAN wrote:
    no one listens because it's not true. each stage of luck is basically like a 5 or 10 percent increace in the rates used to randomly select what drops. if an item has a 1 in 100 chance of dropping even a 50% increase means nothing. the rarity of the drops has already been determined by the rank of the run, the luck gives the rares a slightly better chance at beating the non-rares to drop. when people expect results from a random number generator most will surely be dissapointed.
    ya lol i hunted psycho wand plenty of times with 3* luck and one day i didnt have 1* and i found one on the first run i did and the first enemy i kill drop it.

that's actually pretty funny cus i get better stuff when i have no luck compared to 3. on 3 it's just more of the crap drops.

On 2008-05-11 12:49, jayster wrote:
    hundreds of runs at DG S2 and found nothing. Had 3* luck for 5 days in a row and I found 4 rattlesnake boards and a shigga baret board. I don't care what people say, I think it effects boss boxes. I always find my best stuff with better luck. Granted once in a while I'll find something good with no luck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-05-11 12:53 ]</font>
    I'm starting to question this too.

Really, nobody has proved anything. Somebody one day said, "Luck affects this and not that." Truly, the only thing we know for sure that is affected by luck is grinding. Every other concept has no way of being proven, unless someone can show me. But through playing the game itself, I don't believe there's any possible method to prove me right or wrong.

For now, all I can believe is that grinding is affected by luck.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17