• Two or three high spells

10 18.52%
  • Well rounded mediocre spells

39 72.22%
  • Character level

5 9.26%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

On 2008-05-14 11:10, Seority wrote:
    Acrotecher's:[*]If you have lower then 31 buffs, don't bother with this class.[*]ALWAYS rebuff when previous ones are stopping.[*]ALWAYS heal!!![*]Debuff's at least 21 please, THEN whip! [*]Use traps ONLY when necessary.
    (I hate fortewhippers with a passion. You're there to SUPPORT ONLY, with few exceptions.)
    I agree buffs should be 31+, that's the main advantage of the class.
    You don't HAVE to have buffs up at all times. If you're in the middle of a fight, and the enemies are almost dead, the whole party spread out, I don't expect an AT to run around trying to buff everyone. It may be faster for that AT to do damage, then buff AFTER the group of enemies are killed. (their damage will equal if not exceed what the buffed damage would've done, and they would waste more time running around trying to buff)
    Healing is a must, for basically any techer class (until MF)
    Debuffs are not needed. In the time it would take to cast all the debuffs, you could do damage greater than the debuff allows from other players, and the enemies die so fast anyways.
    I never use traps as an AT. Traps have become a lost art really only used in soloing and by PT's.

AT are not there to support only. Supporting is their focus, but they do have a casting and attack speed bonus. They can dish out damage pretty damn well. One thing to note is Whips are NOT their only melee weapon.

THE JACKEL

True that Jackel. I know whips arn't the only one, but beast AT's can dish out over 1.5k a pop with whips, it's so ridiculasly awesome. Sad thing is MOST AT's do ONLY that as you already know, which kills me to the core. I want them to use 31+ buffs, and CONSTANTLY. If said monsters are almost dead, let the others finish them off faster then you, while you rebuff and the rest of the party moves on, rather then have them wait for you to get done finishing the monsters off, or just heading to the next area, which then you'd have to catch up to them then miss out on exp and the same cycle repeats. MUCH easier to let the fighters fight, and you support. Debuffs can be handy at times, but I say to use debuffs mainly for those who need to tag monsters. I still use my debuffs on big monsters when I'm an AT, mine are also 31+ which makes a difference to the monsters damage output and input.

EDIT: Traps can be helpful in parties that are PT less, or even FighGunnerless. Freezing Gao's can help out a party greatly, rather then everyone having to take time to dodge them etc. Not many people see the use in traps anymore unless they are X ones. Makes me tear because traps are quite useful when you know how to use them properly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-05-14 12:14 ]</font>

IDK I'll play with anyone.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

A lot of times there's always someone in there with X traps if there is a fight worth using any kind of traps on. However, most of the time, the fights tend to be easy enough that in-general the heavy damagers generally clean the room without any real worry or chance to slow down.

That is, unless they are trying out a particularly slow PA or something, but then there are more than traps to help them. At this point, much support stuff has taken a back-seat to the rest of the game, and that's simply due to the mobs not being tough enough.

Fortunately, we still have places like the (never run) Moatoob, and a Hive location or two, that still has those trap/support/friendly levels in them. But a vast majority want to run on (big damager does everything without need for help) areas.

Debuffs definitely need a buff. Ok, maybe not necessarily a buff to them, per se; but more so the game environment should eventually be worked to make debuffs play a more significant role. Nowadays, it's almost strictly used for Jellen and real hard-hitting mobs like Bil De Vear. Not a bad use, but it's still very limited compared to all that you face in the game.

So putting AT way heavy on Debuffs is basically an insult to the job until a change is made. At the moment, I can't agree that their debuffs are better than their attack options. I'll never underestimate an AT with a Wand and a Shadoog. It doesn't insta-kill everything; but I do consider non-insta kill stuff still very good contributing damage. Especially when it takes a whallop out of stuff. ATs with the attack techs can really rock multiple enemies and single enemies while the whips are decent with multiple enemies and multi-hit mobs. Both can be used with shadoogs as companion damage/SE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-14 13:13 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Um...all my bullets are 31+, so I expect the same from my techers. Fighters have NO excuse seeing as how their PAs automatically level to 21 as soon as you link it to a weapon.

On 2008-05-14 10:29, Typheros wrote:
    Tech levels or not, I'd like to see a techer that actually knows what the hell they're doing. I really don't care if they choose to play support or offense, I'd just like to see them use their technics wisely and not run into the middle of a group thinking they have 4000 HP and burning through 10 Scapes before Block 1 is done.

Barring that, I like seeing technic levels before character level.
    But playing dodge the *insert horrifically strong attack* is fun!

What do I look for? Well I'm currently looking for Blue Eyes, Black hair, somewhere in the mid to low 5 foot area..... Oh, you mean in a Techer in the game? Just as long as they have 21+ useful TECHs and do a decent job at healing the party I think they are a good enough Techer.

Well thank you all for your input. You all had a lot of great suggestions. So what (besides constantly using one pa at a time) would be the easiest way to level a tech?
    So far I've got them all around 17 some a little higher and I think Megiverse is at like 4 but I just bought it.
    I don't really want to just use one for a couple days and then switch just because that just isn't what I wanna do...any suggestions?

On 2008-05-14 10:52, Sasamichan wrote:
    Am I a bad Fortetecher Chelsea?
    Nah, you're one of the few good ones 'round here, and I have a general dislike of Fortetechers ;P The whiny ones, anyway.

On 2008-05-14 13:45, Typheros wrote:
    On 2008-05-14 10:52, Sasamichan wrote:
    Am I a bad Fortetecher Chelsea?
    Nah, you're one of the few good ones 'round here, and I have a general dislike of Fortetechers ;P The whiny ones, anyway.
    Aww, thats why I love you Chelsea. <3