54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two or three high spells

10 18.52%
  • Well rounded mediocre spells

39 72.22%
  • Character level

5 9.26%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

I want my techers to be able to do damage and take care of business no matter what, i would love to stay buffed/healed as much as possible but that always can't happen when there's barta storms and surrounded by mobs when the techer is doing their thing elsewhere.

There sadly is a shortage of GREAT techers, but loads of average ones, especially those weird ass acro-techers who use nothing but twins and offensive techs.....well IMO
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

On 2008-05-18 14:50, -Chronus wrote:
    This is why I hate some PSU Players.

Most people think that techers will just bend over for anyone...

well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.
    and if someone dies, its you're fault.
    And then you get booted or you miss alot of Exp cause your healing not to get booted.

So in my eye, I see in a Techer is Someone who heals once in a while, has good magic beside Diga and Dambarta, and has buffs when needed.
    And this is why I dislike the majority of this community. Several people have been playing PSU since launch, PSO before that, and still fail to realize that this is a MF'ING TEAM BASED GAME.

A good techer does 1 thing and 1 thing only. They realize they are the GLUE that solidifies a team and makes all the components work at max potential. I've said this before and will continue to say it no matter the flames that it inspires. If you fail to exploit every opportunity a techer job gives you, neither you or your party will ever be working at highest ability.

Your healing options are greatly expanded with giresta. Why are you bitching about healing all the time when most areas have long walks between mobs and one giresta between mobs will usually heal & keep everyone healed for quite a long time. It has regen. Use it.

If someone dies, it's not your responsibility. I have no idea how it degraded to a techers job/obligation to keep everyone alive. You can use items in all other classes. If you get critical'd by something, use a mate. Even a godly techer can not heal you 24/7. What a good techer will do though, is TRY to keep everyone alive. If shyt happens, shyt happens. There's a lot of situations where a techer can't do anything. But not being able to do something and ignoring to do something are 2 different things. Do everything in your ability you can do, and do it consistently.

Buffs are not hard to level. Use AT to level 30 buffs if you wanna play fT. Use har quick/tech mags if you wanna do it even faster. Wait a couple more weeks and you get pa rebalance. No excuses for unleveled buffs. Especially At's. Level dat shyt, and keep your party buffed. If people run away, don't cry about it, just don't buff them. They'll learn to stick close eventually, if not, it's their fault, they can megistaride.

Like I said, you should be having no problem tagging everything for exp if your using giresta on a team. This will eliminate constant heals for the most part, and allow you to focus on nuking.
    GIRESTA ALSO STACKS. Meaning if you use giresta at the beginning of your game, and nobody takes a hit for awhile, giresta will still stack onto their life, and will apply itself when the first hit is applied to the character. The result? They go back too 100% life due to the giresta stack, and you don't have to lift a finger. Easy healing.

Imo you don't have to "bend over" or "be a bitch" for anyone. If you are doing your job to it's fullest, everyone benefits. If you don't wanna play that way, go play a fps or 1 player rpg where all you need to take care of is yourself. This is a team game, if your not a team player gtfo.

On 2008-05-19 08:01, Cracka_J wrote:
    GIRESTA ALSO STACKS. Meaning if you use giresta at the beginning of your game, and nobody takes a hit for awhile, giresta will still stack onto their life, and will apply itself when the first hit is applied to the character. The result? They go back too 100% life due to the giresta stack, and you don't have to lift a finger. Easy healing.
    This is why I heal constantly while I'm on my Acrotecher. Even for the slightest damage, because when I know you get a big hit after all that Giresta stacking, it won't be anything but a "thang." :>

I love it when the Xbox people think I'm actually healing them when that happens too, and they consider me "THE BESTEST ACROTECHER EVAR." What disturbs me is how often people tell me that. ;|

On 2008-05-14 11:10, Seority wrote:

Acrotecher's:[*]If you have lower then 31 buffs, don't bother with this class.

Everyone I have played with has not complained about my Lv21 Buffs so far. I got better things to do then sit around mashing the x button. I'm just going to wait for the PA Leveling Patch to finish my buffs.

Oh and, contrary to popular belief: Acrotechers are a terrible melee class. Stop using them as if they weren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2008-05-19 08:27 ]</font>

well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.
    You apparently never played PSO.

On 2008-05-19 10:46, Aethiopica wrote:
    You apparently never played PSO.
    Okay, this statement confuses me a bit. In PSO every non-cast character could use resta. Casts had auto-regen on HP. You could cast resta at anytime no matter what what weapon you had equipped. You also did not have to "level" resta since you could get the disc for resta at whatever level you wanted it at. Overall it was easier to heal in PSO than it is in PSU. Weapon switch lag has killed many a party member that refused to heal themselves. This is something that did not occur in PSO.

Yes, let me tell you, watching HUmars cast Resta for 300-something HP was a sight to behold, hoo boy.

The Resta on any class that wasn't a FO- or a Huney (debatable) was a waste of TP. Further that with the fact that techs did piss-poor damage, damage canceled the people in your party who were doing the real damage (invariably your Charge-spamming HUcasts) and you could tag faster AND vastly increase your party's damage by tagging with Jellen and Zalure, the job of a FO (and most often the FOnewearl - other Forces had enough ATP to become decent meleers) became "Lay down J/Z on every mob that spawns the second they spawn, lay down S/D on my party the second it fades, and heal them the second they become hit", simply because there wasn't much we could do otherwise.

On 2008-05-19 08:24, Zarode wrote:
    Oh and, contrary to popular belief: Acrotechers are a terrible melee class. Stop using them as if they weren't.
    I'm sorry, what? Have you played this class?

Since when was 'being someone's bitch' synonymous with 'being a good teammate'? Here's an idea:

Grow some balls and stop feeling inferior for helping somebody else out. What are you people, 12?

"Guys guys this resta takes 2 seconds off of my speed run, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

On 2008-05-19 11:09, Schubalts wrote:
    On 2008-05-19 08:24, Zarode wrote:
    I'm sorry, what? Have you played this class?
    I'm sorry, what? You are stuck in a ridiculously long whip PA combo and can't use resta on your dying teammates? God, even the quick stuff will still get you stuck till it's over, in most S2 situations.

I don't care if an AT in question can melee or not, most people I see, are freaking incompetent with melee, let alone everything they do on this easy game.

And also with that outlook on Acrotechers, I expect the same from players. I DON'T expect them to use mates, and I DON'T expect them to use common sense or good judgment. And most of the time, I'm right.

I wouldn't pro-dominantly use whips if I had the choice to Melee, and I understand that most melee weapons, if used correctly, don't get you stuck in stupid situations. It's just, what I have observed is that casting techs is overall better for the class. Maybe not for a Cast or Beast, but works damn well for a Human and a Newman.

Out of 30 acrotechers, if 1 can melee and heal/buff effectively, look at me and ask if I care. Because I don't.

I'm just getting sick of picking up slack where I shouldn't be on MY Acrotecher.

Sorry, but after what I see in this game with others, I won't think positively of Melee Acrotechers. And if you can do it, that's great, fine, keep it to yourself. I don't care, because we don't play on the same server, and I wouldn't even care then.

Quite frankly, replying to this would be pretty stupid, so don't. Heck, I don't even know why I am bothering. Your post is stupid and jarring as is anyways. I've played this game DAMN WELL LONG ENOUGH to know what the hell I'm talking about, same with Acrotecher.

If you need to vent directly, just PM me then. If you wanna argue all day and night, then forget it. This is all I'm giving to this little shindig. :| I don't care who replies to this, I'm probably not going to answer back. Bite me.

yay, because most people can't melee effectively as an AT, no one can!

Melee on an acrotecher can be quite useful. In fact, cards can be quite useful as well. Acrotechers do not have to be pure tech, especially considering some enemies are less resistant to melee or bullets. Jarba or flying enemies? I'll use cards thank you. Big enemies with multiple hit spots? I'll use a dagger. Techs have their place, but often times melee and ranged can be more useful. Anyone that limits themselves to just one of these forms is severely limiting the classes potential. That's the exact reason I loved AT on my alt character. I could do a bit of everything with them.

THE JACKEL