Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I had the same problem as you when I first started playing (I was a Force, though)--I kept running out of PP! Money was tight back then and I didn't have multiple weapons or stacks of Photon Charges with me. Thankfully meseta is easier to come by these days.

As a gunner I usually carry 3-4 Twin Handguns at all times. It's a good habit to bring backups of the guns you use most. Some guns are pretty good with PP (Shotguns, Lasers) while others run out fast (Mechguns). Make sure you've always got a few Photon Charges so you don't end up running out of bullets mid-mission!

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

On 2008-05-19 12:36, amtalx wrote:
    I never leave my room with less than 20 weapons. If you want to be a gunner, and prepared for any situation, get used to having very little free inventory space. Carrying lots of guns is just part of being a gunner.
    There hasnīt been such a case that i need to have multiple of same yet, seeing how much dmg Shotgun just do at lv 21+. And when i do stumble on one of those?
    Ohh lets see..i just go back to town and refill again...
    Easy solution.
    But scenerio will be a rare one seeing as i most of the time specialize on PP status.

This game is just to continue friendly. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-05-19 13:17 ]</font>
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

I never leave my room with less than 20 weapons. If you want to be a gunner, and prepared for any situation, get used to having very little free inventory space. Carrying lots of guns is just part of being a gunner.
    I never leave with that many and i'm doing fine, i MIGHT use one or two charges in an entire mission. But when you've got a cati / bullet save, it does help out bigtime.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2008-05-19 13:15, darkante wrote:
    There hasnīt been such a case that i need to have multiple of same yet, seeing how much dmg Shotgun just do at lv 21+. And when i do stumble on one of those?
    Ohh lets see..i just go back to town and refill again...
    Easy solution.
    But scenerio will be a rare one seeing as i most of the time specialize on PP status.

This game is just to continue friendly. XD
    Ack, I hate going back to town. I also try to run with small parties because it just turns into a clusterfuck with parties if 4+. The enemies simply aren't strong enough to warrant that kind of power.

Shotguns are very efficient, but you can't use Shotguns all the time. Laser Cannons run out quickly if you have leveled bullets, and Xbows seem like they have PP leaks. Then you have to carry Sabers/Daggers to pair with the Xbows, and a fG wouldn't be complete without a spear... You can get to 20 pretty quickly if want to avoid unnecessary travel.

EDIT: I also carry a lot of weapons so I don't have to switch elements on the fly, and I always use aligned elements, so that can require a lot of weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amtalx on 2008-05-19 13:55 ]</font>

I have no idea why you are running out of PP so fast.

I run around with 5 guns on my palette, and I use at the most or 2 of them throughout a whole mission.

I don't use ,ore than 3 charges either.

I have to recheck the prices on the Cati/Bullet Save. Mainly because that will be a godsend for MasterGunner. Last time I checked, the Cati/Bullet pretty much replaced the original Bullet Save in the "hard to find, high cost" area. But that might've changed before the event. (I know this event is probably keeping more from being collected, these days)
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

On 2008-05-19 13:41, Akaimizu wrote:
    I have to recheck the prices on the Cati/Bullet Save. Mainly because that will be a godsend for MasterGunner. Last time I checked, the Cati/Bullet pretty much replaced the original Bullet Save in the "hard to find, high cost" area. But that might've changed before the event. (I know this event is probably keeping more from being collected, these days)
    Me and a few others have been hunting them recently, still no drops other then delma but the boss boxes have been nice to some of us, you'd be more then welcomed to join up with us from time to time.
    Make Em Bleed!!

I wouldn't buy it unless you have nothing else you really want. I was searching for a while and ended up finding one for 14 mil (360), but the rarity is the only reason I'm keeping it. On most bullets, it saves 1-2 pp more per shot than a giga/save and with killer shot/duranga it MIGHT save an extra 3-6 pp per shot.
    (360) If you have a Love Inferno that you're thinking of selling, PM me pleeeeeease.

On 2008-05-19 14:16, Turb0 wrote:
    I wouldn't buy it unless you have nothing else you really want. I was searching for a while and ended up finding one for 14 mil (360), but the rarity is the only reason I'm keeping it. On most bullets, it saves 1-2 pp more per shot than a giga/save and with killer shot/duranga it MIGHT save an extra 3-6 pp per shot.
    Should see prices for them as of lately, they're even higher now because of the event
    Make Em Bleed!!

Oh, I also realized that the size of your party can make a huge difference too. If you're running with a small party (2-3 people) you end up using way more PP than if you're running with a large party (5-6 people) because you have to do a larger share of the damage when there are fewer people around.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^