Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

I just read the exciting news that PSOW will be updated with new forum software at the end of this week, and I wanted to say how thankful I am to see this happening. I've waited for this since the day I joined. So thank you Tomee and the others. Can't wait to see what new features will be made available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-05-19 15:36 ]</font>

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Can't wait to see all these new features

The new features are very exciting. We've gone through threads from the last several years and incorporated the most requested items. We'll be releasing additional details as the week unfolds.

If you want to help out, make sure your registration email address is up to date (in case you forget your password) and clean up your private messages.

Well, I waved goodbye to 131 PMs.

Good luck with the upgrade. Hope all goes smoothly.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I'm excited to see what you guys have your sleeve. I'd love to see this place be just as feature-packed and efficient as other popular forums I visit.

On 2008-05-19 16:06, Ryna wrote:
    If you want to help out, make sure your registration email address is up to date (in case you forget your password) and clean up your private messages.
    The front page post didn't mention about cleaning up private messages... is it really required?

I mean, if it is, could you possibly clean mine up for me?

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I seriously have over 2,000 that I really don't want to delete by hand... thanks. >_>
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Whoo! This is gonna be sweet!

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

On 2008-05-19 20:55, watashiwa wrote:
    The front page post didn't mention about cleaning up private messages... is it really required?

I mean, if it is, could you possibly clean mine up for me?

I'm not trying to brag or anything, but I seriously have over 2,000 that I really don't want to delete by hand... thanks. >_>
    I had 131, which was 6 pages of manual deletion.

2,000...with no "Select all"...

Yikes.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

The new features are very exciting. We've gone through threads from the last several years and incorporated the most requested items.
    Expect a PSU-style New Content Release system.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I should mention that this upgrade is largely due to an incredible effort by Ryna, who has basically done the impossible by coming up with an upgrade plan (and a ton of custom code) that keeps all of our users and most important data intact. In addition, the upgraded portions of the site will still integrate with the older sections to some extent. This is basically going to be the equivalent of taking the engine out of an old '57 Chevy and wiring in a nuclear powered one. The whole thing had to be custom tailored with precision and it took a lot of time and testing to finally get it working. Frankly, I'm still amazed it all came together The existing software is pretty outdated, and has deep roots throughout the site, so it was beginning to look like we'd be stuck with it forever

The switch won't be without it's little quirks and minor inconveniences, though. There are going to be weeks, and probably months, of tweaking to be done afterwards. However, I know the immediate benefits of the upgrade will far outweigh anything that could possibly be considered a downside to this whole project. I think there are going to be enough valuable features and fun little toys to keep everyone very busy while we continue to tweak things and iron out the small stuff.