Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

New site looks great. Awesome job.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhylec View Post
    It's nice to be back. Be sure to give kudos to Tomee & Ryna for their hard work. ;]
    Kudos are handed out. Great jobs guys, now to get used to all the new stuff.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

Yep, looks great. Nice work.

So far I really like the new stuff! Great job, and thank you for all your time and effort!

Looks nice...

Great job on the new forums

I guess I fall into that role of "that guy who won't look ahead and wants to remain in the past," but I must say, I do not like this.

-For starters, the borders, lines, buttons, all look like generic crap. There are boxes EVERYWHERE. This is not conveniant, this is busy and annoying, especially because they all have a big header that stands out shining.

-A lot of the new features fall under before what I said about "new toys" that I don't want or need.

-The social networking portion sounds like you took a page from facebook or some such. I suppose there are plenty of people on here that might use these, but I'm certainly not one of them.

-If I want to play minigames, I'll go to a flash game site, I don't need one on the forums. And Leaderboards, I swear, I'll want to track down and smack the first person who brags about their score on frogger.

-The previous acount page was fairly simple, now I have to look through entire side bars to find one stupid option I'm looking for. And what's with placing the themes at the bottom? I barely even found the thing

Of course, there are some things I like as well

-yay edit previews
    -multi-quote

I'll probably be going on about other stuff at some point. But I'll be straight, I'm not happy, it looks exactly like the generic BS that I was hoping it would avoid. God, vBulletin, ugh. If there's any theme I suggest being implemented, it's a stripped down version that takes a lot of the extra crap and hides it away some where, smaller headers, smaller buttons in some instances, just yeah... Thing is, I can't really do that, because while it shrinks the screen, link placements do not change, so I would have to click a blnk spot to open a link. I need more time to browse around and form an opinion. Size wise, at least for my screen, it would look similar to if I hit ctrl+scroll wheel down 1notch.
    Last edited by Sord; May 24, 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sord View Post
    I guess I fall into that role of "that guy who won't look ahead and wants to remain in the past," but I must say, I do not like this.

-For starters, the borders, lines, buttons, all look like generic crap. There are boxes EVERYWHERE. This is not conveniant, this is busy and annoying, especially because they all have a big header that stands out shining.

-A lot of the new features fall under before what I said about "new toys" that I don't want or need.
    -The social networking portion sounds like you took a page from facebook or some such. I suppose there are plenty of people on here that might use these, but I'm certainly not one of them.

-If I want to play minigames, I'll go to a flash game site, I don't need one on the forums. And Leaderboards, I swear, I'll want to track down and smack the first person who brags about their score on frogger.

-The previous acount page was fairly simple, now I have to look through entire side bars to find one stupid option I'm looking for. And what's with placing the themes at the bottom? I barely even found the thing

Of course, there are some things I like as well

-yay edit previews
    -multi-quote

I'll probably be going on about other stuff at some point. But I'll be straight, I'm not happy, it looks exactly like the generic BS that I was hoping it would avoid. God, vBulletin, ugh. If there's any theme I suggest being implemented, it's a stripped down version that takes a lot of the extra crap and hides it away some where, smaller headers, smaller buttons in some instances, just yeah... I need more time to browse around and form an opinion.
    Heh.. settle down there, you're going to pop a gasket! The social networking and arcade features are purely optional, nobody's making you use them Those extra features are just there for people who like hanging out on the site and want something else to do besides chat Phantasy Star all day. Somebody who has no interest in those features can simply ignore them completely, it's that easy.

As for the layout and themes, we specifically said in this very thread that they were limited to start off with. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither was PSO-World. As much as we would have loved to design 15+ themes to match the ones added to the old system over the last 7 years, the fact is that it took us nearly 6 months just to plan, code, and excecute the upgrade itself. As I mentioned above, we'll be adding more themes to accomodate user feedback and requests. We know there's no way that everyone is going to be happy with one of the three available themes, but we also knew that if we waited to relaunch the forums until we thought everyone would be 100% happy with the outcome, we'd never launch them Be patient and I'm sure we'll be rolling out some less flashy themes for those of you who would like something a little more toned down.

Great, I'd love to get rid of the PSU theme above