Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Why do people go xTecher classes to... not support?

EDIT: ATTN: Read this entire post before replying. The first 8 pages have enough misinterpretation. The following post IS NOT FORCING YOU TO ADOPT A NEW PLAYSTYLE.

This doesn't cover Fortetecher unless they're the only fT in the group.

Guntecher, Wartecher, and Acrotecher: These are all support classes, especially the last one. They don't have level 10 support techs for a reason; as proven by the future Masterforce, which will concentrate solely on offensive techs and as a result only has a low level of support techs.

Their other skill levels are also low for a reason; you have the Forte-classes if you want to concentrate on melee, guns or teching; and if you like going all offensive without being a Forte class then Fighgunner isn't that bad.

What's annoying is when I see another 'xtecher' in the group and they make absolutely no effort to use Resta, Giresta, or Reverser on anyone else unless they need it.

Same goes with buffs. SDZR goes up on their own time, not for the good of someone else like it's supposed to. Especially for Acrotechers, who are able to cast faster than the other classes, time can be taken to SDZR in the middle of the battle if the group is moving 'too fast' to buff unless you stop. In fact, a high level techer should already know that it's more efficient to keep buffs up while in the middle of the battle instead of spamming a visual emote with accompanying colored text in an exclamation box.

The higher the job level of the inefficient techer, the worse. Don't be an inefficient techer, and take at least a few of these basic tips to consideration:

- If you're not gonna support, don't go a techer class. If you really want to cast spells, go Fortetecher.
    - Resta or Giresta are a techer's most important spells. If you don't do anything else, your group will at least still appreciate if you just spam the healing spell. Yes, you're a healbot. You're expected to be one.
    - Again, beyond the initial buff, you should not be stopping the group to re-buff. Make it a habit to buff in the middle of battles. If you're worried about tagging creatures for EXP, use a debuff or Gi-spell to tag everything when they spawn and then start buffing.
    - Buffs too low? Find a buff party in Parum East in the Flyer's Base. Can't find one? At least your group knows you care by giving them at least the level 1 buffs.
    - Every group member matters. If someone misses a buff because they had to go afk for 10 seconds in the other room, you go back and buff them. If someone dies, you don't wait until the next cycle.
    - Same goes with heals. There is no 'heal myself only' spell; Resta heals everyone around you from the get-go for a reason.
    - Develop OCD for this kind of stuff.

There are other classes that you can waste your time with where you don't need to complain about 'having to be a healbot.' You can enjoy the Whip all you want but you're not helping anyone if all you're going to do is swing it around.
    Last edited by Kanore; May 26, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

1. Fortetecher should be a healer too.
    2. People don't support because they chose the class for other weapons. Of course I personally hate how __techers don't support, but it is their style to play I guess. :/
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

You become your group's bitch if you go techer, there's no going away from the 'support' play style no matter who you are if you want to play efficiently.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

I don't think that you even need support most of the time... im a fG mainly *prettymuch only* and I don't really NEED it. Its nice for big dmg and so i don't have to heal. But honestly if the game was harder then yea... im sure more people WOULD support because people would get more appreciation for doing so.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

You know, this would be fine and all except there's that whole little problem - People play the way they want to.

I'm a Guntech/Acrotech and play the way we're 'supposed' to, but I have to say it gets pretty damn annoying when you're trying to buff someone and they keep running away. It's not all on the techer's back to keep the group in shape. Sorry, but eventually I get tired of chasing random idiots around to keep them up on buffs. If they want to keep moving out of range when I'm trying to help them, then they can shove it. Thus why I usually just stick to a close group of friends when I play.

Is this thread supposed to be satire or something? Techers that make doormats of themselves suck, and need to learn some damn pride. And I don't even play techer jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyric View Post
    You know, this would be fine and all except there's that whole little problem - People play the way they want to.

I'm a Guntech/Acrotech and play the way we're 'supposed' to, but I have to say it gets pretty damn annoying when you're trying to buff someone and they keep running away. It's not all on the techer's back to keep the group in shape. Sorry, but eventually I get tired of chasing random idiots around to keep them up on buffs. If they want to keep moving out of range when I'm trying to help them, then they can shove it. Thus why I usually just stick to a close group of friends when I play.
    Did you just not bother to read everything I said?

Is this thread supposed to be satire or something? Techers that make doormats of themselves suck, and need to learn some damn pride. And I don't even play techer jobs.
    No. And no, and no. And why would you even bother saying that if you don't play a techer class in the first place?

So far all this feedback is a testament to why at least 90% of the techers everyone groups with is absolutely horrible.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

likes unlikely crossovers Magitek_X's Avatar

In my experience the worst part as being a xtecher, is having to run around people who are damage magnets even when clearly you're the only one doing any healing. If you're taking heavy damage look for me, not make babysit you. Bonus RAGE points if they constantly die and have no Scapes.
    Last edited by Magitek_X; May 26, 2008 at 09:58 AM.

95% of techers are retards fapping to their loli newman

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    95% of techers are retards fapping to their loli newman
    There we go.
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2