Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Angry Account Hacked... help me out

So, yesterday, my friend, who's gt was Smckyy1399 was playing PSU and some kid told him about this website that would get you free microsoft points. Now, im not saying that it was smart for him to fall for it, but i still feel bad. The website he said was called: [LINK REMOVED - Let's not send anyone else there!] . If you go to this site, you can see that its designed to look like a real microsoft website. It looks pretty legit. It stole the windows live ID password and the guy signed onto his gamertag and changed the password. Just dont enter any information when you go to it. Anyways, the character's name is Sam and he changed the gamertag tp ph4nt0m v2. The reason I know this is because my friend told me ahead of time and before this kid had the chance to change his gt or anything, I was actually able to get in a party with this guy, and he tried to pull the same deal on me because he is a scumbag. So, i was spying on him without him knowing that I knew he stole the account and he actually told me that he was changing the gamertag. The reason that I am posting is because I wanted to warn everyone about this guy AND to ask for any suggestions about how to re-trick this guy into getting my freinds account back.

Anything will help...
    Last edited by Tomeeboy; May 26, 2008 at 09:20 PM.

=/ I got an xbox live message and psu message from one my friends about this guy. 18k ID guy.
    Peter Griffen
    Robo Zelda
    Agito repca addict.
    http://psupedia.info/User:Chicken

18k ID guy.[/QUOTE]

what are u saying?

Your best bet (if you're telling the truth) is to take this up with Microsoft. Nobody here can help you in any other way than the advice I just gave you.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

yeaaa i already called microsoft.... and they're "investigating" the situation, and they can't help me out for 10-15 business days, and meanwhile this guy is on my account, playing as my character (sam lv130) and i checked out my pallete, several things are different.

so, for 3 weeks he has full control of everything on my account.... i just wish there was something else i could do

Tip for the future-

Never believe you'll get something free. There's almost always a catch.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

i didnt even want the microsoft points, i have plenty, plus theyre cheap.... but he said he needed them and his computer was down and asked me if i could check the website out.... so i did

check out the website... Mod Edit: Post the link again and you will be banned.....DONT ENTER ANY OF YOUR INFO.... but just go there and tell me that doesnt look exactly like xbox.com, i mean im not a stupid guy... and yet this happened to me...ugh
    Last edited by smckyy1399; May 26, 2008 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smckyy1399 View Post
    yeaaa i already called microsoft.... and they're "investigating" the situation, and they can't help me out for 10-15 business days, and meanwhile this guy is on my account, playing as my character (sam lv130) and i checked out my pallete, several things are different.

so, for 3 weeks he has full control of everything on my account.... i just wish there was something else i could do
    Thought you said it was a friend?

Recover your account back, put a Password on it, and change all your contact information. Not even sure if that works. I've never felt the urge to give out my personal information to test it.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by smckyy1399 View Post
    i didnt even want the microsoft points, i have plenty, plus theyre cheap.... but he said he needed them and his computer was down and asked me if i could check the website out.... so i did

check out the website...[REMOVED]....DONT ENTER ANY OF YOUR INFO.... but just go there and tell me that doesnt look exactly like xbox.com, i mean im not a stupid guy... and yet this happened to me...ugh
    Take the link out. It was removed from the first post for a reason.

Also, being set to never log me out, having to re-sign in is the first of many hints (ONE BEING THE URL!) that it's a phising site.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.