Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Solution to the population problem?

I was just thinking about it,and I see theres at least one star in each universe,and if theres a star then that means theres at least 1 person in the universe(the star thats not filled in with white). So If they were to reduce the number of universes,I'm sure we would see more party's pop up in random places. Which would lead to more people staying,since theres more variety than White Beast. What I'm thinking they can do is let new universes appear only when we fill one universe,like lets say were getting one universe to 4 stars so then another universe pops up. I dont know >.> it just popped into my mind,I'm mostly doing this out of impulse...

I know everyone is sick of white beast,I know i'm not the only one complaining, people go to other universes to get away, get away from what? everything is empty cept white beast. Besides,you dont have to socialize if you dont want to. Also whats the point to play online if your just gonna play alone,might as well play offline. It may lead to more locked parties but at least people would see there are parties. We would have at least one universe full if everyone on every universe went to 2. Like I said tho this is mostly impulse...
    Last edited by The_Gio; May 27, 2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: to respond and to not post again

everyone is sick of white beast, yet everyone plays white beast. Everyone is there because everyone else is there. Go make a party at white beast and go somewhere else.

Some people like going to "empty" universes and getting away from people. You shouldn't force them to play on a populated server... it'd just end up with more parties, but more locked.

THE JACKEL

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I, for one, like going to unpopulated universes. There's is no one to deal with. If I feel like joining the horde, I want to due so by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    Some people like going to "empty" universes and getting away from people. You shouldn't force them to play on a populated server... it'd just end up with more parties, but more locked.

THE JACKEL
    I'm one of those people. You will never see me in Uni 2 unless I started there.

I like being able to go to an unpopulated server if I want to, though I think 18 is a bit too many for our current population. 12 or even 9 universes would be plenty.

ST should log everyone into the most populated universe. That puts you in with all the people to start... adding all the "don't care what uni" people to the same uni as people who really want to group. If you WANT to be alone go change universes.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

Yeah, some people just like to get away from all the uni2 chat spammers/annoying nub players. Putting everyone in one spot would just mean you'll see more lock games which sends off a worse impression than not seeing parties there at all (i.e. "you're not cool enough to play in this party, go away").

but being a loner in an online game makes it feel better than being alone irl
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

People like having their own universe without (or with a smaller chance) of running into people they don't like or spammers. Personally, I play in 02 every time it's up to me because I like seeing people. But I don't think taking away universes will help the population because we'd still have the same amount of people, and the people that play in seclusion would remain in seclusion with locked parties anyways. The best and only way to improve the community's population is to improve the game and, primarily, SEGA's customer support.

EDIT: And by changes to the games, I mean like rebalancing, events, etc.
    Last edited by Kylie; May 27, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Too many empty universes is just too many. Definitely need to scale back down to like 10 universes.

It'd be more practical to reduce the number of universes so that they all fit on one page... More than anything I just don't like scrolling through that list.