Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    Hmms. Then could we make something like this?

Which PA is best for:
    Mobs of small monsters?
    Mobs of medium monsters?
    One or two big monsters that have only 1 hit spot?
    Monsters that have 2 hit spots?
    Bosses?
    Mixed mobs?

I know tornado is mainly good for speed runs and knocking back, and AD is great damage and just a bytch to level.
    I'd make my own list, but I'm not familiar with Sprial nor Gravity. Just AD and Tornado for now.
    You're gonna get alot of different opinions which this setup but I'll put out mine.

Small mobs: spiral or gravity. Garvity is good for the full 360. With spiral just be careful of kicking your target away.

Medium mobs: Spiral or AD. Same comment on spiral. AD suffers slightly in the same same way with "lighter" medium sized mobs. If it's something liek a boma that doesn't get knocked up really high then AD is better.

Large 1 hit box mobs: Sort of a toss up. Tornado will flinch most and let you hit and run. Sprial is probably the more balanced, with no need to worry about the kick you can hammer the mob and still have a get away opening. AD will flinch some mobs, not as many as tornado as I've seen. The windup is what will kill you but the dmg will destroy stuff. Whatever your most comfortable with.

Large 2 hit box: Oh this really varries for me. Gonna depend greatly on the mob and it's knockup/back resistances. I can use AD on Gainozeros with no problem, On a carriguine I get smacked silly if I use AD or spiral, I usually use gravity on them. On Galvapas AD is hard to connect with and gravity does crap. Sprial would be better. But then reverse that, on a Svaltus get behind them and AD brings pain.

Boss: AD generally is the best. You shoudl be hitting all attacks at max targets. That's max damage there. It will destroy any dragon. Gravity will simply be too weak. Tornado is iffy. Level it on a boss but it only hits 2 spots spiral/AD will out dmg it easily. Spiral is a good choice for anything a bit more mobile like de rol/DF or the constant pushback of motherbrain/dulk.

Mixed mobs: depends on the group. Spiral or gravity are the best all purpose. Sprial if it's more medium mobs, grabity if it's more small.

Pratice enough and you can use spiral/AD/gravity on everything. Tornado knocks small and medium mobs around so much that it's not really a good for general purpose.

it's not like Fighgunner cannot use eleven melee weapon types.
    Yeah, but if you're gonna forego double saber (As well as guns), you might as well be a Fortefighter, right?

Come to think of it, I've seen very, very few Fighgunners bust out some sort of boomstick. Of course, mid-level players aren't the best example of how to play PSU most of the time.
    Last edited by MS-Wift; Jun 5, 2008 at 12:46 AM.
    My lolis: Mimi Usa (N Guntecher), Jade.star (C Fortefighter), Aruru (B Wartecher)
    My Non-loli: Keiji Ikari (H Fortetecher)

lol Why do people try to justify using tornado dance? It sucks at absolutly everything *accept for a FM speedboost* just admit that it sux and that the only reason you use it is because you think its "fun" to use.

No... it is not good for bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    lol Why do people try to justify using tornado dance? It sucks at absolutly everything *accept for a FM speedboost* just admit that it sux and that the only reason you use it is because you think its "fun" to use.

I dunno about online, but I dispatched most story mode bosses with little effort spamming Tornado Dance.
    My lolis: Mimi Usa (N Guntecher), Jade.star (C Fortefighter), Aruru (B Wartecher)
    My Non-loli: Keiji Ikari (H Fortetecher)

Gravity dance for the most part. But it's all situational.

Gravity Dance - All enemies. Any size. Very good for crowds and any enemie. All hits are able to get off in time.

Spiral Dance - Bigger enemies. Medium/Large. Does good damage and is good for medium/large creatures because the second hit can't throw them away from the third hit.

Tornado - Used for medium/large enemies. Allows you to do quick hits without taking much damage. Not good for smaller enemies becuase it pushes them arround.

Absolute Dance - Garbage. Use against NOTHING. First hit take too long to get going. Second hit throws them up and out of your hit radius. Third hit takes too long to charge and hits nothing from the second hits throwing.

All around i use Gravity Dance on most of mine.

If you take the time to learn to use something properly then it can be good. If you don't then it won't.

On a side note, failing 2 rucars ina row is really really stupid. Why is the synth system a punishment?
    Last edited by SonicTMP; Jun 5, 2008 at 02:57 AM.

Dunno about that I once saw someone using it on the Svaltus (plural but not sure how it would be) in sleeping warriors S2 and he seemed to do decent damage while not getting caught out by every single spinning atack from them (which most other PA's suffer from so you can never finish them)

Thank you Hrith and Sonic.
    That REALLY F'IN helps me now. ^_^
    Now I can be a GOOD fighgunner, for once, lol.

I have a question though Hrith. I wasn't really planning on leveling Tornado Dance because I didn't think it would really be useful, but should I? The PA is at it's max moves at level 1 and doesn't go any faster, but I just wanna know what you think of it? Is it a nessessity, or just something convient to have?

I woke up and found myself in this place. SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE HELL AM I?!

I'd say, get both spiral and gravity dance to 21 and find out which you like best. Got all double saber skills, but my favorite certainly is spiral dance. But if you are against one enemy small/medium with it, then be sure to get the enemy near a wall, since both the 2nd and 3rd step end with a strong knock-back. But you'll get used to it.

Once you lvl AD it actully can be very good against multiple targets, mobs that dont get blown back, i.e. vandas and boomas, and especaially good against svaltus.

Overall the best Double Saber PA is SD at this oint, you can just spam the first part to knockdown creatures long enough for a FF to jabroga the entire mob to death.

GD is not bad and does have decent DPS but if you are going to get one get SD, it is good against many creatures or just one.

TD is also very good against Svalutus or when soloing but is the least part friendly PA out their and is a waste of PA frags. I dont think this PA move should cost any PA frags and for 99 it is just a wast of time and frags.