Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring back PSO

Default Bring back PSO

Im stuck. I have been wundering and thinking.......Why dont they bring back PSO for one of the handhelds. I mean why not? u know....I remember in one of the issues of game pro the had a pso screen on the psp and ds. I Honestly just want the old PSO back, with up and running servers. Tell me what u guys think. Wether it be about bringing it to a portable divice or just bringing it back period. I Would give anything (EVERYTHING)for themto bring it back.

inb4flamewars
    inb4fkl
    inb4lock
    inb4RemiusTArage
    inb4earthexplosion

PSO isn't profitable to them anymore. It's that simple. Topics like these have been done to death. I wouldn't mind a remake of some sort myself but the fact is that this game is old and people want new functional games. Check the stickies.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131408

4.) No, the official servers for Gamecube, Dreamcast, Xbox, and US/EU Blue Burst have been shut down. The JP Blue Burst servers are the only official servers still alive. And no, Sega will NOT be bringing back the official PSOGC servers. They took elements from PSO and put them into AOI, but they will not be reviving the servers. They were losing money on them and they became a hassle for them to handle. So if you want to play online, you would have to play on the JP Blue Burst servers or find other means (ie. private servers). And since Sonic Team is not interested in the PSO servers anymore, there is no real point in making a petition to revive the servers. Many people have tried, and all of them have failed. Furthermore, it is rather redundant to make a poll or a petition here, when it would be much better suited in a place ST is more likely to look at. Threads like those are usually poorly thought out and only lead to arguements and flames. And to conclude, no, PSO is not making some "grand return" on a new gen system. Sonic Team has attempted to bring elements back from PSO in AOI, but they are not rereleasing PSO on the Wii, PS3, or Xbox 360. Nor is it coming back for the DS or PSP. It is a sad fact you will just have to come to grips with.
    Covered this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaspaller View Post
    inb4flamewars

inb4RemiusTArage
    inb4earthexplosion
    Haha!
    Last edited by AlexCraig; Jun 4, 2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Jasp speaks the truth.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

There is a handheld version, sort of(Pso pc I think). Cant say where to get it. Don't know how well it works anyway.
    =~.^=

I know that PSU is getting PSP. That is the extent of my knowledge on that topic.

Hunters Guild Group

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

It Pso Pc for psp. Someone made a light ver. Or so I'v read.
    =~.^=

Haha, here's an idea. PSODC on the Treamcast if anyone remembers that. Close enough to a portable version lol.

Still, point remains. They won't be making a new version of PSO. Just PSU.

Hunters Guild Group

There wont be any new PSO simply put
    Phantasy Star usually runs a 4 games series
    example: Phantasy Star 1-4 then came PSO then PSO episode 2 then episode 3 card battle and the Blue Burst reaching the 4 game series standard then they moved on to PSU which now is hitting its 3rd installment PSP for the PSP so simply put no more new PSO
    it's sad but we all had to let em go I know it's hard PSO was like a little rappy that we raised from an egg and loved and charished but there comes a time when you gotta learn that it's time to kick him out of the tree face first and let him go off to bigger better things at least we still got memories and I mean it's not like the games don't exsist anymore I've had PSO since it came out on the dreamcast and I still have fun playing there's always new stuff to do

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

I know your pain. there is alote of aspect PSU won't be able to mimic PSO from at all.
    At least PSU has brought back the Ragol levels, old Hunters cloths, and a good chunk of some old weapons in which I think they will gradualy add all of the old wepons back onto PSU as the games progress in expansion.
    The enemies are also back in the newer PSU levels. They are trying to fuse PSO into the game but there are som parts in which we all know won't be coming back.

I at least am psyched and happy plus releaved to know that they brought at least this much PSO back to PSU.
    I practicaly have my PSO character back!

The old game doesn't market anymore. Its all been upgraded and moved on.
    But that doesn't mean the game is gone forever! heck! online mode in the private servers is still active!
    I wont ever let PSO go no matter what. Even if I do play PSU. A true fan learns to accept what happens while still committing the love of the games vintage and unforgettable values! I support both games!
    I even bring PSO spirit into PSU with my old character looks and styles, weapons and all!

yep. the most we can hope for is to at least finish bringing in the old PSO levels and bosses alonge with weapons, items and armor into PSU for the final touches in regards to PSO. That's as far as I think they can reach in PSU. so even though there will be no more PSO games, some of the elements of the game still lives on through another proud and loud!

A-men! lol that was alote.
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Jun 6, 2008 at 12:49 AM.