Exclamation Farewell to Mother 1 Video Guide.

I made this video to help assist players who have trouble getting an S-RANK in this mission. Thankfully, the mission I did provided the shortest route to get through. Enjoy all! And remember, the correct routes are randomized.

Former AMF Facility 2 and 3:

All right, so here is the setup from the route I took:

If you start from the right:

1: The first room will have 2 AMF Heavy Infrantry Soldiers. Take them out quick and head downstairs. Next, 2 Special Ops (Vobis) and a Special Ops (Solda). Having a light weapon, particulary slicers in my case, will take them out easily with a quick JA'd PA. Deal with the Solda next then head upstairs.

2:When you get upstairs, you'll have to deal with 2 AMF soldiers and 2 Soldas, deal with the AMF Soldiers first then finish off the Soldas.

3: Once you go pass the gate into the large room, you'll deal with 3 AMF Soldiers and 3 Soldas. Take the soldiers out first then proceed with the Soldas. Next, 5 AMF soldiers will spawn. Try grouping them together for faster results. In my case I was wasting too much time attacking one at a time. Finish them then proceed to AMF Facility 3.

If you went straight:

1:You'll deal with 2 AMF soldiers finish them and continue. 2 Vobis and a Solda will spawn next, finish them and proceed to the next room.

2: 2 AMF soldiers and 2 Soldas will spawn, finish them and then continue to the large room with the AMFs and Soldas.

Be advised, that this section of the map tends to change up on enemy spawns sometimes. I forgot the first set of spawns in the first room, but in the next room, a poison mist trap will activate when you enter. If that happens, there will be at least 3 spawns of multiple enemies coming at you. Unless you can Ikk Hikk or Choutou these guys quick enough to save time, I suggest you start over. The next room will also have multiple spawns of AMF/Soldas, so work quick!

Now for Facility 3:

1:There will be a spawn of 3 Vobis and a SEED-Ardite. Get your light weapon ready and finish them off! Now you have a choice of going left or right. In my case, Maya chose left.

If you go left:

2:There will be a 2x spawn of 3 AMF Heavy Infrantry soldiers. Finish them off quickly and go upstairs. This mission will force you to take the long route regardless of what direction Maya feels the A-Photons. So if you go left, take the room on the opposite end and vise versa. In this case, the room near the ID gate.

3:In this room, there will be a 2x spawn of Vobis. Take them out quick and grab the ID. Jet towards the gate! On you way down, 2 AMF soldiers and a SEED-Ardite will spawn. Ignore them as they are not required to finish the mission. Unlock the gate and jet towards Facility 4.

If you went right:

1:Spawn is the same as if you went left. Go upstairs and head to the end of the hallway and go right.

2:Take out the 2x Vobis spawn and grab the ID. Go out and get into the warp, which will send you to the gate.

Be mindful that if you chose the wrong route, you'll be dealing with 3x spawns, of AMF soldiers, plus more Vobis and a SEED-Ardite. This will HURT your time, unless you can pull off a miracle with Ikk Hikk. Choutou is useless in killing these guys quick enough.

Former AMF Facility 4:

This time, you have two choices: Left or right. Surprisingly in my case, Maya chose left, compared to right when I do this route. Left I consider the shortest route.

If you go left:

1:You'll be up against 4 AMF soliders. Bunch them up and take them out.

2:In the next room, you will fight a 2x spawn of 4 AMF soldiers. At this point its either make it or break it. Finish them and go throught the door where you'll see a warp. It'll take you to the final room with a healing spot and a cube. The final gates are here. I'll cover that in a moment.

If you went right:

1: The spawns are the same here as well. The right route is slightly longer distance wise. Take out the AMF soldiers and continue past the gate. Go forward and take out the 2x spawn of more AMF soldiers. Go through the door and down the hallway to the final room.

This is the last setup is final. Luckily Maya chose left over right. Going left WILL save you time compared to right.

If you go left:

1:Go down the stairs and deal with the 2x spawn of 3 AMF soldiers. Quickly go upstairs and make a quick left. The last 3 AMF soldiers will spawn. Take them out as quick as possible. At this point, I was at 11+ minutes.

2:The large enemy, SEED-Argine, will spawn as the boss of this area. Take it out with your strongest attack!

And voila! The mission is over! If you got 12 minutes or under, give yourself a pat on the back. If not, try again.

Now for the not so pleasent route.

If you went right:

1: Same setup of 2x AMF soldiers, but this time you have to hot foot it over the opposite end of the room. Take out the AMF solider's then proceed in defeating SEED-Argine as quickly as possible. This possibly can be done with an S if people are going FF and spamming their strongest attacks like crazy, but this route jacks up the whole mission for me.

Hope y'all enjoyed my little guide. Enjoy your Lou Portaits everybody! XD
    Last edited by Tyreek; Jun 8, 2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Fixed! And added a more detailed guide!

Thanks for this info. It'll be useful in getting that alternative route, later on in the Story series.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

is it really that hard of a mission? I got an S on my first try, just wandering around and killin stuff. musta just got lucky i guess.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

In my opinion its just semi-hard, due to Maya randomly choosing routes, and of course Lou stopping you with her conversation about finding A-Photons, pushing you to 20 seconds of lost time. >_>; Those 20 seconds would've gotten my S-RANK much earlier.