Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    a comfortable place between dreams and reality

That controller shape is legendary. People are going to get pissed if it changes. However, that doens't mean it shouldn't change. That controller was never designed to have two analog sticks. As a result, they are way too close together (bad for FPS games). It was also never designed to have real triggers, which is why the placment just doens't feel right. Also, the pressure required for a trigger pull isn't uniform through the whole motion, which also drives me crazy. I'm looking forward do the DualShock3 though. At least it will get some of the weight back. The SIXAXIS controller just feels like some Madcatz garbage its so light.

Quote Originally Posted by eXo View Post
    That statment is about as accurate as someone saying that the 360 version of GTA4 is better because it outsold the PS3 version 55% to 45%. Even thou their are way more 360's in homes across the world because the 360 console was released first.

The same theory applies when comparing the consoles videogame library, if you remove all of games released previous to the PS3 launch. If you compare them post launch you will realize that both consoles have several mediocre titles carried by about 4-5 good-great ones so far.
    I can't think of more than one good PS3 title. Uncharted is it.

On the 360, you have Halo, Mass Effect, BioShock, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War, Forza, PGR, blah blah blah.

But I'm not arguing about this because I'm not allowed to, and your clear bias against Microsoft is derailing the thread.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Please, fellas; the intranetz cannot take anymore console bickering. Play the system you like and be nice. But just because I want to, here are the games I plan on getting, and you'll see why I chose PS3 (well, I realize most of 'em are multi-console, but PS3 was the most accommodating to my tastes, which is how any console should be chosen).

Resident Evil 5 / TBA
    WET / December 2008
    Silent Hill: Homecoming / September 2008
    The Sims 3 / TBA
    MK Vs DC / TBA
    FFXIII / TBA
    FFXII: Versus / TBA
    Tomb Raider Underworld / Q4 2008
    I'm a one console, small collection kind of girl, yes.

man, I should stop coming in this thread - I keep derailing it
    Last edited by Kylie; Jun 10, 2008 at 06:25 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

The problem is that neither console has enough exclusives to justify getting them both. You can safely pick one and then not much on the other will be worth the financial effort.

I've actually been lying about all of this. The only reason I have every console is so I can tell the PS3 fanboys the 360 is better, 360 fanboys the PS3 is better, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post

On the 360, you have Halo, Mass Effect, BioShock, Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War, Forza, PGR, blah blah blah.

But I'm not arguing about this because I'm not allowed to, and your clear bias against Microsoft is derailing the thread.
    Good because your perception of the PS 3 line-up is clearly flawed, i didnt say only great games but i clearly said good-great which means that the system has.

Uncharted
    Rachet & Clank
    Grand Turismo 5
    Warhawk &
    Warhawk broken Mirror
    Socom
    Heavenly Sword

This is just a few of the games that come to mind without researching anything, once again i said these are good-great games and by me owninf every single game that you listed with the exception of Forza. i can say that the games i mentioned match up quite decently with your line-up. Therefore once again validating my point surrounding the console line-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian_Knight View Post

Good because your perception of the PS 3 line-up is clearly flawed, I didnt say only great games but i clearly said good-great which means that the system has.

Uncharted
    Rachet & Clank
    Grand Turismo 5
    Warhawk &
    Warhawk broken Mirror
    Socom
    Heavenly Sword

This is just a few of the games that come to mind without researching anything, once again i said these are good-great games and by me ownig every single game that you listed with the exception of Forza. I can say that the games i mentioned match up quite decently with your line-up. Therefore once again validating my point surrounding the console line-ups,however their is really nothing wrong with being misinformed regarding information as long as your able togain new knowledge from it.

But I'm not arguing about this because I'm not allowed to, and your clear bias against SONY is derailing the thread
    Last edited by eXo; Jun 10, 2008 at 10:32 PM.

My PS3 is just sitting there right now, although I'm really amped for MGS4.

I have both heavenly sword and warhawk and wasn't particularly impressed, GTR5: prologue is a glorified demo. Socom has never interested me, neither has Ratchet in Clank. The only one I would want to play off the list is uncharted, which I might rent or something in the near future... maybe.

The best thing about the PS3 to me so far is that it's the cheapest bluray player on the market (or atleast it was on launch).

Quote Originally Posted by omegapirate2k View Post
    My PS3 is just sitting there right now, although I'm really amped for MGS4.

I have both heavenly sword and warhawk and wasn't particularly impressed, GTR5: prologue is a glorified demo. Socom has never interested me, neither has Ratchet in Clank. The only one I would want to play off the list is uncharted, which I might rent or something in the near future... maybe.

The best thing about the PS3 to me so far is that it's the cheapest bluray player on the market (or atleast it was on launch).
    I can respect and somewhat agree with your opinion because like i mentioned the line-up is decent in the good-grat catagory depending on if youre a fan of that paticular game genre. However regardless of if we prefer a specific title or not doesnt mean that it's a poor line-up as it's pretty solid if you play those types of games.I clearly remember several people bashing the hell out of Kameo when the 360 launched and i actually liked that game...

Kameo made me weep. I was sorely disappointed in both Kameo and PDZ.