Where's my memory card? :( MsNerddo1's Avatar

Default Another n00b question...

Yeah I might as well change my name to MsNewbie1.
    Any hoo, I love PSO, but I'm in a little rut right now.
    (Missing gc memory card, no online capabilities at my home, bored with the dc version I have)

Could anyone give me a heads up on the best current versions of any PSO games and what consoles they are on? Anything!
    Zaburita: HUcaseal - lv. 114
    Nerddo 1: FOmar - lv. 43
    Kate: RAmarl - lv. 28
    Rita (DC): HUnewearl - lv. 44

Okay...
    You have PSO Version 1 on the DC. Then Version 2 came out later.
    There's PSO Ep 1 & 2 for GC/Xbox/PC
    There's PSO EP 3 for GC, not sure about any other platforms for that..
    There's also PSO Plus, not released in the EU (which shouldn't be a problem for you), which is out on the GC and maybe the Xbox.
    There's also PSOBB, which is purely PC based, with Ep 4 and no Offline mode.

Hope that helps

Best is pretty much up to opinion... but I'll sum it up for you as best as I can. INCOMING LONG POST!

PSOv1 and v2 I hear have harder drops AND harder enemies compared to later versions (No offline multiplayer or ability to use characters on other dreamcasts IIRC). You can still play it online through the private servers.

PSOPC I know next to nothing about except that it's the PC version of v2 and you can also play it online through the private servers. I think it had an offline mode as well

PSO Ep 1&2 has multiplayer. It's also on Gamecube and Xbox with some differences...
    Gamecube: Has PSO+, can take characters to another gamecube without a problem, and can still get online through the private servers. Only con off the top of my head is that your cards can be corrupted and you lose your characters.
    Xbox: Up to 48 characters on an xbox, less slowdown in multiplayer I think, and virtually uncorruptable. Cons - No more online, if you take your character to another xbox you can ONLY multimode with it.

PSOBB
    Being the newest it has lots of new items, weapons, armors etc that aren't in previous versions. Also Episode 4, and a slew of other quests.
    There's no multiplayer available on the same PC really, and it's ONLINE ONLY meaning you can't play it on those days where youre internet connection dies. Also private servers don't function 100% the way they are supposed to so there's bound to be issues.

My opinion is PSOBB for the new items and Ep4 as being the best... but the fact that it has server issues can be a huge problem.

GC if you're stuck offline, BB if you're wanting to play online. Server has issues, but unlike, say, the official ones, they're dealt with as promptly as possible when they come up. Usually. >_>

Some stuff that's still unfixable, though.

get online on GC and your good. jk. Just play.
    GC Characters:
    Drakkel SKYLY 150 HUcast
    PR1M3 WHITILL 53 RAcast
    Trac PURPLNUM 31 RAmar
    Xec YELLOWBOZE 5 HUmar

No one has mentioned the fact that you need to have a gamertag to play offline on xbox and the only way to get that is by being connected online with xbox. i have the cube version and i was also going to buy it for xbox thanks to storing more characters but then someone on here mentioned that inless you have a pso gamertag u can't play offline full stop man i oughta kick the person who thought of that >:[
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

Are you sure??? That's weird. Have you at least tried to play offline without a gamertag? My friend has it for xbox ,but I'm not sure if he got a tag or not.

Yes, a Gamertag is required for XBox. The Gamertag is the equivalent of one of the save files PSO requires from my understanding.

There's a patch that allows you to play offline without a tag
    DPS TIEM IS NAO
    Im KY, so what?

Haha, I knew I forgot to add something to the xbox description. Yeah, you need a gamertag (just the file) and you can just copy someone else's (cancelled or active it doesn't matter) to use for offline use.