Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    I've seen at least once mission info screen that says the number of players allowed is between one and four, so the inclusion of one means multi-mode should support solo play. I hope so, at least.
    Ahhhh!

That's a huge relief.. yeah, if it was "multi-only", I'm sure it'd have said between two and four..so there's once again a great chance I'll import this.. Thanks EspioKaos >w<
    Feel free to add me to msn to talk about PSU/etc.~

The character stuff is a bit weird. Protransers can use attach techs of the same level as forces? That means....Newmans would actually make decent protransers this time...beasts would be better in some ways than a cast....whereas the Acromaster seems almost like a better cast class now. But, acromaster can at least tech and have a combat weapon at the same time, whereas protranser goes back and fourth between decent tech and no techs.

Question PSU PSP Info

I dont know if its old news or anything but I found this little bit of info.
    If its old shoot me XD

Info copied from PSPfanboy.com
    ------
    Finally, more information on Phantasy Star Portable has surfaced. The biggest reveal involves the ability to import characters from Phantasy Star Universe -- the console game that PSP is based on. Players of the PS2 and PC versions of Phantasy Star Universe may import their characters and carry over their character's name and personal data as well as currently equipped cloths and parts. Level, however, will be capped at level 20 and spare equipment, special items, etc. will not be carried over. Those with a 360 PSU will not be able to import any data at all.

Also, the game has an all-new story mode with new missions. A four player co-op mode through an ad hoc connection will also be included. Phantasy Star Portable is currently set for release in Japan on July 31. A North American release has yet to be announced.
    ------

More new info from Shougai PSO and the latest issue of Gemaga!

Re: Story mode
    * There are some items that can be obtained only after clearing the game.
    * There are several hidden "sub-events" in the game.
    * The key to getting the good ending of the game lies with finding the hidden events.
    * There is a total of approximately 20 minutes of animated cutscenes throughout the game.
    * PSP will follow in the "tragic" footsteps of previous Phantasy Star titles. This likely means the death of a lead character.

Re: Multi-mode
    * Multi-mode will support solo play.
    * Up to three NPCs can be taken with you (unlike PSU where you can have a maximum of two NPCs).

Re: Items
    * Three new RCSMs have been confirmed: Dreamcast, Mark III and Genesis. (MegaDrive, if you want. I'm taking the liberty of localizing for the sake of this post.)
    * The Dreamcast RCSM shoots discs instead of lasers or bullets. Likewise, the Mark III and Genesis versions shoot game cartridges.
    * Item exchange limits between players have been changed slightly. It says that weapons, line shields and rare items cannot be exchanged.
    * Clothes and parts can drop in missions.

Re: Sound
    * The sound for the game has been recorded as MIDI.
    * This could be due to some issues with skipping music that was reported during last December's Jump Festa exhibit.

Re: Title system
    * Players will receive stat upgrades when they acquire a new title.
    * The party leader's stat upgrades from their title will also reflect on their party members.

Re: Save function
    * There is no auto-save feature.
    * After clearing a mission, you will be prompted to select whether or not you want to save.
    * Each city offers save points.
    * The writer of Shougai PSO expresses concerns over the lack of auto-save, saying that it could be exploited in the case of weapon grinding. Since grind values are random with PSP, once could simply reset until they get a high grind, save that progress, repeat.

Re: Missions
    * As you gain levels, new fields will become available. (Just like offline mode of PSU and AOTI.)

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    * Item exchange limits between players have been changed slightly. It says that weapons, line shields and rare items cannot be exchanged.
    That's slightly? That just about takes out any aspect of trade this game had. It kinda looks more like an offline game with four player support thrown in.

To be honest, I'm fine with that. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    That's slightly? That just about takes out any aspect of trade this game had. It kinda looks more like an offline game with four player support thrown in.

To be honest, I'm fine with that. >_>
    Oh, heh. I meant from previous reports. This article just got more specific on what could and could not be exchanged with others in multi-mode.

darn, i need a psp too =( lucky me i can afford one now but im still saving for a car. Hope it doesnt come out to soon.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

midi sound.... wtf is sega thinking?And only 20 minutes of cinematics.. i hope they will fill the umd with content ......