Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast

Nice! I have a PSP but I don't know how the JP browser thing works. I'd be awesome if I could access it and give it a whirl!

Last time I checked, the PSP is NOT region locked...
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

This game is not announced for the West, and judging from how abymisal PSU is doing over here, it never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    This game is not announced for the West, and judging from how abymisal PSU is doing over here, it never will be.
    Don't be so sure. Sega and ST might use this as a tool to boost sales and rebuild their fanbase in the West. Plus if it does well on the PSP, it might draw users to the online game. If not, then I'm importing this anyway.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Silver View Post
    Nice! I have a PSP but I don't know how the JP browser thing works. I'd be awesome if I could access it and give it a whirl!

Last time I checked, the PSP is NOT region locked...
    It isn't, so it really doesn't matter whether or not it's released in the US or not.

The Original CAST Force burninglink5's Avatar

Ugh, nvm.
    Last edited by burninglink5; Jul 3, 2008 at 09:47 AM.
    PSU: Master Chief- LV180 Cast Everything-techer
    PSO2: BeatMastaChief - Cast Force

Hey guys,

An event is currently taking place in France which is called "Japan Expo". It's becoming more and more famous, with oftenly exclusive games and all.
    Sega is there this year. They present games like Valkyrie Profile or Samba De Amigo (accessible to people for the 1st time ever!), but not Phantasy Star Portable. You may think it isn't surprising, but there often are japanese games that won't be released outside Japan in Japan Expo (such as Jump Ultimate Stars or RPGs).
    So yeah, I asked the manager of the Sega stand (who is also one of the main guys at Sega France's) why they didn't display PSP. He answered that the game isn't famous at all in Europe (no news here), not to speak of a critical failure, and they didn't bother putting it since nobody would care. He said that the game was VERY unlikely to come out of Japan even if it were successful there. They'd need a real great success, the kind Monster Hunter has, to export it.

I think this is quite an explicit answer everyone. Go and order the japanese version on PSP! I'll have to look for another website than Play-Asia, they don't send the game to France >.>.

Try importing from YesAsia.com, it's where I ordered mine from because Play-Asia doesn't ship PSP (the console) stuff to Europe ever since the Lik-Sang debacle for doing that (Sony destroyed them for that reason).

If what you said is indeed true, that's a major shame.
    Hope they reconsider and that PSP (the game) is a massive success to make them think twice.

The official Phantasy Star Portable site was updated today.

Demo information
    * Many stores across Japan will be offering a free demo of the game starting July 14.
    * On that same day, players will be able to download the same demo on their PSPs from the PlayStation Store.

Movies
    * A new TV commercial was added.

Story/World
    * Various character details were added. (Nothing that we don't already know.)

Network
    * Mission download section has opened. Staring July 31, this section will give details on new missions you can download and play. The screenshots show a mission called "Unrecorded Order."

I lol'd at the end of the TV CM XD "SEGA!"

Bah! I refuse to be pessimistic! Here's a dose of cheerful upbeatness for ya'll

Sega of France...come on, they can't honestly have inside knowledge of the company to that extent. If PSP is such an obscure game as they say, then their minds would surely be on other things any way.

Even if it isn't released in the US, do you honestly think considering how fanatical PS people are that there won't be an English patch in like.... a week? That's an exaggeration, but I'm sure someone would make one.

Even if there is no patch... umm...isn't there a lot of English in the game any way? Eh? Ehhhh?

Okay the last one might be pushing it...