Thread: Material hunts

Default Material hunts

How do you guys hunt for materials? What's the best way you have found to get certain ones, and what's the best way to get a mass amount of them?

Personally i'e never really found anything better than rappy runs, though normal runs tend to give a nice material drop rate too...but rappy runs seem to be the best i've seen. I'm trying to find out some tricks to finding them.

Defense Materials and Mind Materials have a set droprate if you're Viridia. Go to Normal Ruins.

Defense Mats drop from Dark Belras, and Mind Mats drop from Chaos Sorcerors. 1/4 and 1/6, respectively. You'd have an easier time of this if you could get online, as the first part of Endless Nightmare 4 has a lot of Dark Belras.

Power aren't so easy. Rappy runs in Ultimate are probably your best bet there. Power materials can also be obtained from Hildeblues on Normal Forest, if you're Greenill or Oran. Not the best way to do it, but if you're exceptionally patient, or only need a few more, it could work.

Luck are the hardest. Conversely, they give the biggest benefit per mat use of any of the stat mats, since maxed Luck means more criticals, and criticals can add a massive amount to your overall damage.

Evade mats don't have any really good ways to hunt. The closest thing to a reliable drop on them is Oran Gees on Hard. Though, to be quite honest...Evade mats are generally a trap anyway.

One thing I usually do is make a character that can get by without heavy material usage (Hucast, Ramar or either of the Newman Forces are a good choice), and play them through to Ultimate, saving the mats I find. Supplement them with the huntable mats above. Then make a more mat-intensive character (melee Force, Hunewearl, Ramarl, Racaseal, etc).

I say "mat intensive" because those are classes that typically have a tough time doing damage while solo if you're using their base, unmodified ATP score. The newmen count because they can get to Ultimate very quickly if given a solid Mind mag. They just run into trouble when they venture outside of Forest.
    Last edited by Magus_84; Jun 11, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Yeah that is pretty much what i'm doing right now. I'm working with my HUcast to get some levels and an angel harp for my FOmarl, but i'm trying to get a massive amount of materials to boost her up. I've got about ten powers and ten or fifteen def but i think i need about 20-30 of each mat to make use of her for the time being.

As far as the rappy runs i've found them to be more reliable than the drop rates show. The rappy seem to drop heavy evade and power mats in vh with a skyly, and def and power with a purplenum. My only two characters that are higher levels are my HUcast and Racast, neither one need a lot of mats (though my RAcast needs to gain some levels...or a frozen shooter...lol)