Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by beatrixkiddo View Post
    Nobody got hacked, lol. Adelita remade that character without closing the shop, and the shop listing is still there.

Well that probably explains it. Weird glitch though.

PSU: So easy a caveman could hack it.
    That was the best signature ever.

I saw this glitch last night. I condition searched an item @ 1 meseta, & ended up in someone else room. There is no shop & the name isn't what the search shows. I thought that was strange.

That's odd..the character gets replaced but the shop listing remains?

This isn't PC/PS2 specific. I'm on the 360 side, and once (but only once) I've run across a shop that was selling something for 1 Meseta. I went to the room expecting a griefer that was going to attempt to up the price when I entered the shop, but there was no shop to be found. It was the correct player's room, just no shop. Figured that the player either closed shop or had their account closed.
    I'm Guy, so what?

As an aside, these phantom shops should disappear for good with the shop listing purge the servers receive each time they come back up from maintenance. I guess that's a plus of the practice that I didn't realize until now.

Quote Originally Posted by EspioKaos View Post
    As an aside, these phantom shops should disappear for good with the shop listing purge the servers receive each time they come back up from maintenance. I guess that's a plus of the practice that I didn't realize until now.
    Actually, there should be no need for a purge. Knowing what I do about databases, I don't see the logic in Sega doing this. You'd have a table that lists shops, and a table with items in shops, with the latter linking to the former. DELETE * FROM PLAYER_SHOP_ITEMS WHERE SHOP_ID = [shop_id]. Boom, none of this 1 Meseta stuff.

Unless Sega's automatically moving items from your shop back into your PM when you close shop. Then that requires a TRANSACTION to ensure that all items are moved. But why do that? You lose stuff in your PM if you delete a character. Just warn the player that if they close shop, all items in the shop will be lost.
    I'm Guy, so what?

I have/had a phantom shop on my main. Rooms been locked since the most recent incident of it. I could unlock my room and see if it still happens.

One of my friends hadn't had anything in his shop for a few weeks, but people were still coming by, looking for items.

His room is not empty anymore, I just flooded it with Toilets!! LOL