Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expired milk.

Default Expired milk.

This morning I go to get a glass of milk to go along with my breakfast. Upon removing the cap I take a whiff to see if it has gone bad yet, as I usually do. It smelled normal. After pouring a glass, I lift it up to my lips and I notice tiny white specs on the top of the glass where the level of milk used to be.

Fucking EW, what is this shit? The jug says it expires on the 18th! That's half a gallon wasted.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic25144_2.gif
    It's either real or it's a dream. There's nothing that is in between.

Well if it hasnt expired yet, I think those white specs are just those dryed up crusty specs of milk that always form around the opening of the carton.

"Say, I must be crazy walking out in these woods alone at night with a horrible mutilation practically around the corner." - Ranger Brad

Yea, those are yucky, but totally harmless. Basically the fat is separating from the water content in the milk. Totally normal process too, only milk is homogenised (sic) these days to try to prevent this.

It's hard to miss milk gone bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SabZero View Post
    Yea, those are yucky, but totally harmless. Basically the fat is separating from the water content in the milk. Totally normal process too, only milk is homogenised (sic) these days to try to prevent this.

It's hard to miss milk gone bad.
    lol not too hard my mate drank nearly a whole half a pint carton of it without realising it had gone off until he saw the lumps wallowing at the bottom

(he said it tasted funny but he thought it was because he doesn't usually have semi skinned)

Milk gone bad slowly over the course of three or four days is awesome. Acouple years ago, our fridge went on the frits without anyone realising it, slowly over afew days it got warmer and warmer, and we hadn't realised it.

One night I was eating a bowl of cereal, and I was like "...damn, this cereal sure got warm fast setting in the bowl". At the time I was half-watching tv while I was eating, but later that night when I woke up and was dry-heaving until I eventually got it out, whooooo fun!
    Look, he did it again.

Those white specs are diseases. You gon die.

Quote Originally Posted by ABDUR101 View Post
    Milk gone bad slowly over the course of three or four days is awesome. Acouple years ago, our fridge went on the frits without anyone realising it, slowly over afew days it got warmer and warmer, and we hadn't realised it.

One night I was eating a bowl of cereal, and I was like "...damn, this cereal sure got warm fast setting in the bowl". At the time I was half-watching tv while I was eating, but later that night when I woke up and was dry-heaving until I eventually got it out, whooooo fun!
    I hope you forgot your [sarcasm] tags on that one!!

It is actually reall fun when you go to poor yourself some cereal and then you rummage in your abyss of a fridge for milk, and when you do find some...It falls out of the container in a giant plop and bounces out of the bowl and hits you in the face! =/

Lets just say I was eating dry cereal for the next day and a half...

I've never had milk spoil on me. Back when I was living with my family, we went through a gallon of milk in a few days, tops, because we used it so often. I was eating breakfast back then and chose cereal with milk most mornings, as did my sister, mom, dad, and brother. Granted it doesn't go so quickly now with just me and my roommate, and I buy a smaller amount, but it still goes too quick to spoil. Never had a problem with those white specs either, but then again, I've never bought my milk in a carton.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Yuck.

Once, when I was a little girl, I left chocolate milk out for like 4939943 weeks. Then I found it again. It was full of white stuff but I figured it was okay to drink.
    x_o

Ewwwww...thats even worse than anything else!!! =P