Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy It's just a rumor but....

... what's gonna be happen to ps2 users if it will happen ?
    There are Rumors that Microsoft wants to buy SEGA to push their xbox 360 sales figures...
    no comment on MS or sega yet ...
    but its possible ...
    I see no change for PC and xbox users ... but i think sega would have to let down the PS2 ... maybe good for the game ? ... but bad for the population on PC servers...
    (I'm on PC btw.... I'm just interessted)

sega is actually owned by Sammy, jp....happened around '02 I believe? around the dreamcast downfall.
    if microsoft was going to do that, they would have to buyout the sega name division from sammy, or buy sammy. not gonna happen any other way.
    Last edited by Cracka_J; Jun 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

Interesting I must say! I haven't heard that one but it doesn't sound very far fetched, seeing that MS is always aggressive in it's moves to grow...

i know that sega do more than software production in japan ... but when they would only buy the software developers ... i think that is what would going on ... merging is very "in" now ... look at activision and blizzard ... i think it could be only a question of $$$$ ! that would not be the problem for MS ...
    I dont believe/hope it either but ... I'm afraid what would happen to sega ... and psu ...
    maybe sega would become like Rare: ... bad ...

And even then, PS2 is absolutely not a competitor for XBox 360, PS3.

Anyways, no need to worry, Microsoft will not buy Sega. Not soon at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Arada View Post
    And even then, PS2 is absolutely not a competitor for XBox 360, PS3.
    You arent serious right?

And no, Microsoft will not be buying SEGA. Thats one of those rumors you dispel immediately unless you hear it from either Microsoft or Sega themselves

mildly suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_J View Post
    sega is actually owned by Sammy, jp....happened around '02 I believe? around the dreamcast downfall.
    if microsoft was going to do that, they would have to buyout the sega name from sammy, or buy sammy. not gonna happen any other way.
    Not to pick nits, of course, but Sega is, more than likely, I bet, a division of Sammy. As such, Microsoft could perhaps buy that division from Sammy, and this, my friend, also of course, is rather different from buying, merely, the name "Sega" or having to purchase, in its entirety, which is a good fair bit, Sammy itself, the corporation.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mustard View Post
    Not to pick nits, of course, but Sega is, more than likely, I bet, a division of Sammy. As such, Microsoft could perhaps buy that division from Sammy, and this, my friend, also of course, is rather different from buying, merely, the name "Sega" or having to purchase, in its entirety, which is a good fair bit, Sammy itself, the corporation.
    Holy commas Batman!

They wouldn't have to buy Sammy, they can just buy the division.

Why they'd want to with the crap they've been making lately is another question entirely.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

lol commas indeed.
    but ya, I agree. I should have put division instead of "name" in my post.

nothing a little editing can't change ;P

Not gonna happen.

And the PS2 version would only be cancelled if they ever decided to end the game forever. Japan not having PS2 version = DEAD.