Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting Women

I'm with Xaeris on this one: I'd hit a woman for the same reason I'd hit any man, which for me is only if I feel I'm at risk for some real bodily harm.

So for the topic creator's scenario, I probably wouldn't hit back. Her resorting to physical violence would be the end of the argument for me and I'd just leave. However if she continues to be violent and somehow hinders me from leaving, then yeah I'd say some force to get her out of my damn way would be fair =P (Most likely a strong shove)

"Say, I must be crazy walking out in these woods alone at night with a horrible mutilation practically around the corner." - Ranger Brad

Don't think i could do it. I'd feel like too much of a dick afterwards for doing it, but if my girlfriend socked me in the jaw - I would just leave, be the bigger person and all that.

If a girl is using the fact that she's a girl and therfore 'untouchable' I would tell her i'm not playing your games and leave.

I'd feel bad for hitting them back, because I'd do it hard...so I'd wouldn't. I just scare the shit out of them with non-violent resistance.

But if I really feel I'm in danger for any reason, whether the person possesses a weapon or is in any position to cause real injury otherwise, they will immediately become fair game.

Girls don't hit very often ... and guys seem to glorify violence in relationships more.

I don't think I'd let a girl get away with punching me, never talk to her again and maybe sue; though I don't think hitting back would solve anything. I'd always tell her, if she wanted to hit me, she could do it with an open hand; but not something that could inflict bodily injury or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpawn View Post
    No. I would just away from the argument, not to mention it would make me feel like shit anyway if I hit a woman. It's never been in my nature to hit a woman, even if she was being an ass. If you really need her to know that she was being a dick their are OTHER ways of getting her back, you don't have to resort to the ol' backhand.
    I agree, though better he hit her with a backhand than with his palm; other way around from a girl/woman, better with her palm (harmless & sexy). I have a reason for this double standard.

Unfortunately, everybody here in California think its kool for guys to slap people, especially girls. Yet, the whole idea of a girl doing the same thing is ridiculed, and nobody thinks it even happens in the real world. I loath this state, the people here are the worst people in the entire world, other than maybe the Taliban.
    Last edited by Abashi76; Jun 22, 2008 at 10:36 AM.

Hitting doesn't prove anything, so guy or girl, I wouldn't do anything.

Now if something came down to self-defense, I don't care who you are, I'm going to debilitate you.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I've been hit by a girl. I didn't hit her back, but I did made her feel terrible about it afterward.

Sammich bish!

Anyway. I rarely find any reason to hit people of either gender, so it doesn't matter to me :3
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

I'd never hit a woman.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

I lol'd.

I might hit the bitch back, but I'm not a very violent person. I'd probably just shrug and leave, be the better person, or use my words. I might even cry depending on the situation because nothing stresses me out more than some good ol' conflict.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I don't think I could do it. Never had to (mostly because I try to avoid such confrontations). Even if a guy hit me, I'd try to back off.

Now, as Typheros said, if it came to self-defense, I would kick the other person's ass.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe